It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In pictures: London riots spread to cities across England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
In pictures: London riots spread to cities across England

Just a few more images of the madness that's going on here in the UK at the minute and below is a list of the problems experienced to date:

In other developments: West Midlands Police have started a murder inquiry after two pedestrians were killed in a road accident. It is not known if the incident is linked to overnight rioting but it is thought the men were protecting their neighbourhood at the time Greater Manchester Police Assistant Chief Constable Garry Shewan said his force had faced "extraordinary levels of violence from groups of criminals intent on committing widespread disorder" on Tuesday. Many police cordons that were around the area were lifted just before 02:00 BST

Some 23 people have been charged in the West Midlands with a total of 229 arrests following sporadic disorder in Wolverhampton, while youths have smashed shop windows and set cars alight in nearby West Bromwich

In Birmingham, riot police surrounded the Mailbox, the city's high-end shopping centre, following the disturbances seen in the area on Monday night.

Canning Circus police station in central Nottingham was firebombed by a male gang on Tuesday evening

In Liverpool, Merseyside Police have arrested 50 people in relation to disorder in the city

Three people have been arrested in Gloucester after police officers came under attack from youths throwing rocks and bottles from 23:00 BST

In Leicester, a group of up to 100 youths attacked shops and threw items at police

Metropolitan Police have arrested 768 people and charged 105 in connection with the violence in the capital, including a 21-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life following a fire which took hold of the Reeves Furniture store in Croydon on Monday night

A 26-year-old man found shot in a car in Croydon, amid rioting in the south London town, has died in hospital Government minister Michael Gove has praised Met's response to the riots, saying bringing in an extra 10,000 officers helped to prevent further riots from taking place in London

Meanwhile, two 18-year-olds were arrested in Folkestone, Kent, and a 16-year-old boy in Glasgow was charged with breach of the peace while another man, aged 18, has been arrested. All relate to allegations of inciting violence through internet social networking sites

UK riots: Trouble erupts in English cities

Quick summary from the Daily Mail:

Two men killed and one critically injured in Birmingham as hit-and-run prompts murder investigation

Serious disorder in Manchester, but also unrest in Wolverhampton, West Bromwich and Salford

Violence in Nottingham, Liverpool, Leicester too

Gloucester also struck by violence as firefighters tackle blaze at derelict art college Police investigating reports shots have been fired at a police officer in Birmingham

Fire damages recycling facility in Tottenham

A Nottingham police station is fire-bombed by gang of between 30 and 40 men

16,000 officers on London's streets is keeping the capital calm

109 arrests in West Midlands, 108 in Manchester and Salford and 44 across Liverpool. 19 are arrested in Bristol

768 people arrested in London since Saturday and 167 charged. 81 are arrested overnight

21-year-old man arrested following Reeves furniture fire in Croydon Read more:

Now it's Manchester and the Midlands' turn as London braces for FOURTH night of rioting

Are we going to see another night of madness?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b28e41aacb3.jpg[/atsimg]
* Manchester City Centre
edit on 10/8/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
28 days later - the zombies anyone?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I'd really love to make a detailed map with different colour shading for each day of the riots, just to see how far it spread in how many days.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MRedfield

I was just looking at this map... bit of an eye opener.

london-riots-interactive-timeline-map

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV
reply to post by MRedfield

I was just looking at this map... bit of an eye opener.

london-riots-interactive-timeline-map

EXACTLY what I had in mind. Thank you, good sir!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Anyone have any pictures from Nottingham - have people I know there

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

Were there no riots in Manchester? Maybe that link underplays what is actually going on to keep people fooled for as long as possible.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

"Apologies for the language being used in that interview"

They apologize for the language, but not for a kid being shot down by police.

Burn baby burn, disco inferno.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

My family live there (i did untill last week)

They say its nothing but a few cars and windows, Nothing that can't be fixed!

join