It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Recall Election updates

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by villagesmithie

reply to post by mishigas

It's only a witch hunt of it comes from the other side, yea that old left/right thing. Your welcome to believe what you want. I know you can't convince someone who's mind is already made up.

To me, this has been a pattern with this lady. It's hard to look at her history and not wonder if she is incompetent or crooked. With an overpaid salary of $67,000 (hmmm .....with benefits that's probably more then them awful union thug teachers make) I think it's reasonable for people to expect her do do her job right.

This is a perfect example of what I mean by baseless witch hunts. What do her salary and benefits have to do with anything? Except of course, to assassinate her character.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
To me this seems like a message from the people, we like what the repbubs are doing with the spending cut, but if you're not careful you will be gone.
I say that as an exresident of Wisconsin.
Pay attention all you state workers because you can be replaced if "WE" decide so.

Rock on Wisconsin.
edit on 10-8-2011 by LAMudd because: correction

edit on 10-8-2011 by LAMudd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I don't think you looked into her past as I suggested. The suspicions of her are not baseless. If the charges against her arose just in this election I would agree but there is a back story. There have been enough instance in her past to raise the question and to put those on the other side on their guard when it comes to her and elections.

As for the comment on her salary, the root of what is happening here in Wisconsin is the claim, by some, that teachers are incompetent and overpaid, because of their union. So, even after they agreed to salary cuts Scott Walker insisted that bargain rights had to be taken from them. I was making the side point (probably not very well and maybe inappropriately) that "incompetent and overpaid " is only important if it's on the "other side".

However my main point is, I can clearly see the difference in reactions to this story based on people's already held beliefs. The way this issue is seen depends less on the situation and more on people's beliefs. To be clear, I'm not judging her or saying she's guilty. I am saying raising the question makes sense given the situation. . If we really want to fix the problems we face we need to get past R/D, Right/Left, Conservative/Liberal etc. and face the issues like adults.

Democrats aren't godless immoral communists and they are not the morally superior ones that are looking out for the good of all mankind.

Republicans aren't evil hypocritical fascist and they are not morally superior hard working Christians.

We are all just people with all our strengths an flaws.....some more than others.

If you look at the election results they were all in the 40 to 50 % range. That means we are fairly evenly divided and eventually we need to learn to work together or continue fighting over trivia while politicians battle for power and bring our country down. Personally I prefer the first option.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I am well aware of her past, as is everyone else.
Now, when you need someone to blame, who better?

And the claim that she was sitting on votes, do you have any idea how many officials from the G.A.B. (election oversight) will be swarming every polling place.

How many lawyers from both sides are hawking over every single person that could tamper with a ballot.
Answer: A whole freakin' bunch of both.

The unions lost.
Period.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

And the claim that she was sitting on votes, do you have any idea how many officials from the G.A.B. (election oversight) will be swarming every polling place.

How many lawyers from both sides are hawking over every single person that could tamper with a ballot.
Answer: A whole freakin' bunch of both.

The unions lost.
Period.

The unions need to lose one more time.
Hang on to Gov. Scott Walker. He showed you the way to prosperity.
- Just keep thinking 10 years ahead not 10 minutes ahead. -

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

And the claim that she was sitting on votes, do you have any idea how many officials from the G.A.B. (election oversight) will be swarming every polling place. How many lawyers from both sides are hawking over every single person that could tamper with a ballot. Answer: A whole freakin' bunch of both.

Exactly! But, the Republicans pushed through a picture ID bill this year to "prevent voter fraud". Again your whole perspective is determined by which team you decided you were rooting for. It's easy to make an argument for either "SIDE" but it accomplishes nothing.

Eurisko2012

Did the unions lose? They didn't get everything they hoped for but two Republican reps were replaced by Democrats. I haven't checked the numbers but I believe that's enough to prevent the procedures they used that caused the Democrats to leave the state earlier this year. It won't be as easy for them to push through there agenda now.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by villagesmithie
reply to post by Oaktree

And the claim that she was sitting on votes, do you have any idea how many officials from the G.A.B. (election oversight) will be swarming every polling place. How many lawyers from both sides are hawking over every single person that could tamper with a ballot. Answer: A whole freakin' bunch of both.

Exactly! But, the Republicans pushed through a picture ID bill this year to "prevent voter fraud". Again your whole perspective is determined by which team you decided you were rooting for. It's easy to make an argument for either "SIDE" but it accomplishes nothing.

Eurisko2012

Did the unions lose? They didn't get everything they hoped for but two Republican reps were replaced by Democrats. I haven't checked the numbers but I believe that's enough to prevent the procedures they used that caused the Democrats to leave the state earlier this year. It won't be as easy for them to push through there agenda now.

Yes, the unions lost.
The GOP - still - has control of the state senate.
The unions threw - everything - at this election and blew it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Exactly! But, the Republicans pushed through a picture ID bill this year to "prevent voter fraud".

Voter I.D. was not applied to any of the recall elections, it wasn't applied to the Prosser/ Kloppenfield, Supreme court election, and it will not be applied to this Tuesdays' recall election, either.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

This is how you reward Democrats, go after people who stay and worked for your benifits, while the Democrats left the state for a month, getting paid while people were looking to keep there jobs and benifits

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

Then why is she still in that position? She has a questionable past and is a lightning rod for blame. Any good reasons to keep her there?
I can think of one. She can help with the fraud, again, and people like you can say "Oh sure, blame her because it is easy, just because she did it before."

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Then why is she still in that position? She has a questionable past and is a lightning rod for blame. Any good reasons to keep her there?

I dunno.
Maybe she's union?

edit on 15-8-2011 by Oaktree because: needed editin'

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Well I was honestly asking.
If she were a Democrat with that history how would you feel about her sitting on votes, being charge of counts, etc.? I would have a problem with it but I guess since she is playing for the home team, snark is all I get?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If there were any substance behind the accusation, I would fully support an investigation.

If you will look back to the first few pages of this thread, you will see that several ATS members were carefully watching the results in real time.

Pay particular attention to page 3.
The accusation of "holding votes" came immediately after the race (8th district) swung in the GOP's favor.

It would seem that the votes she was accused of holding were votes in favor of the GOP candidate.

P.S. Snark? Snarky, perhaps, but no snark intended.

edit on 18-8-2011 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join