It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There a Doctor in the House?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Didn't really know where to post this, but this seems like the safest forum for it...

This morning I woke up at about 4am to the worst headache I have ever had. Not only that, but my lymph nodes where swollen, my throat felt as if I had strep, and my ears also felt clogged. I also started hacking up quite a bit of bloody mucus...pretty gnarly right? All along with feeling very feverish. I did not take my temperature though.

This went on until about 9am, me drifting in and out of sleep, occasionally getting up to cough up more bloody mucus.. The headache was present the entire time also making it difficult to sleep. Like I said, I have never had a headache that bad, nor as long-lasting.

I'm feeling a bit better now - headache has passed, no longer feverish, no longer hacking up the lovely bloody mucus, but my lymph nodes are still a little swollen and my throat still a little sore.

Any medics out there have any idea as to what might be going on, or how to treat it?
edit on 9-8-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm no doctor but, I think it's best to go get that checked out in a proper hospital.

Take care..

Peace

edit on 9-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
i'm not a doctor, but i do have asthma. it could be mold in your house,especially if has been damp,or rainy. i dont know where your located,but it could be allergies. i here that your body changes every 7 years,so you could have become allergic to certain plants that are in flower. any farmers spraying their crops in your area? pollution? dare i say it?!..... chem trails? anyway,hope this helps! good luck!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Yeah, well I'm kind of in a pretty tough financial situation, so I can't really afford another hospital visit. I don't have health insurance, and I just broke my hand pretty bad last month and still in debt for that.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Bloody anything see a doctor. If you are feeling better right now you may want to follow up with your family doctor.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Yeah, that's what my girlfriend was saying - that perhaps I've become allergic to something or I have come into contact with something new. Just kind of strange because I have never had allergy problems in the past.

It is certainly possible that I have come into contact with something that I am allergic to that I just have not come into contact with before... but I really haven't done anything out of the ordinary the past week or so..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

good advice - maybe I can call up the old family doc and see if he'll see me even though I don't have health insurance...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by deanGI5

freeclinics.us...

That link may be a decent solution for the time being.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
mumps
maby worse get it checked out

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

free clinics?

Definitely checking that out. thanks kinglizard

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by deanGI5

It seems as everyone is so quick to tell you to go see a doc..but no one is willing to help pay for it.
I understand your dilemma , and quite often you end up paying for a misdiagnosis anyhow.

I do hope you get better..and hopefully get some answers, without going deeper into debt.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Yeah it is easy to tell someone to go spend money they may not have.....but seeing a doctor is probably the best advice. Getting medical advice on something like this over the internet may be an option but I wouldn't recommend it.

Hopefully he can see family doctor or local free clinic.

edit on 8/9/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Hopefully he can see family doctor or local free clinic.

Hopefully he can..and hopefully they diagnose it correctly.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I went to the doctors last week for a ear infection and I felt like I was dying couldnt walk, hear, smile, anything. I felt terrible and they gave me some anibiotics that made me use the bathroom every few minutes lol it was vicious.. I tried the earwax removal stuff nothing helped...But my girlfriend spent $60 on those ear candles that the doctors tell you not to use and government says are dangerous. Anyways it totally fixed my problems and good god you wouldnt believe what comes outta those things. well hope u r ok might wanna google it and see if theres any similar symptoms...my guess is you been smoking too long

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
But my girlfriend spent $60 on those ear candles that the doctors tell you not to use and government says are dangerous. Anyways it totally fixed my problems and good god you wouldnt believe what comes outta those things.

Psychosomatic I think.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Nursing student chiming in....are you having any trouble swallowing? Did you get your temperature yet?

It sounds like an upper respiratory infection, possibly strep. I don't know where you are located but it would be best if you could go to a walk in clinic or if in the US, see a nurse practitioner, they usually charge considerably less than a doctor would. You really need an antibiotic with all that going on. I know what it is like to live without insurance, but, put off paying something else and take care of yourself!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I've done ear candling on clients. It works best on those who tend to have smaller ear canal openings and get water trapped in their ears,or are extremely waxy.... these can be very painful and annoying. The ear candling draws out the wax and dries up the moisture, and works by waming the interior of the ear allowing the wax to losen and drain and the moisture to evaporate. It's not for everyone, but for those who have chronic problems, it seems to help more so than appointments with the ear doctor or medications, from the feedback the clients have given.
edit on 9-8-2011 by justsaying because: spelling error, grrrr

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

yeah it hurts a bit to swallow. Still haven't gotten a chance to check my temperature - I've been at work all day

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by deanGI5

Your lymph nodes being swollen would indicate an infection,have you had your tonsils/adenoids removed? as my first thought was tonsillitis,but please whatever you do, try to get medical advice,I am really sorry to hear that you possibly have difficulty in obtaining medical treatment due to lack of insurance,but the bloody mucus you have been coughing up really needs an on the spot medical investigation.
edit on 10-8-2011 by nake13 because: addendum

new topics

top topics

join