It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Injured boy mugged during disturbances in London

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Injured boy mugged during disturbances in London

www.bbc.co.uk

Footage has emerged of a group of youths helping an injured boy to his feet and then appearing to steal the contents of his bag during disturbances in London on Monday.

The boy, who was bleeding heavily, was left standing on the street, with an empty backpack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

I feel almost shell shocked after watching this.... I know that the people doing this have VERY SMALL BRAINS but to think that anyone would do this to someone? I don't even know what to write.... I just don't understand this.

I can to some extent accept that very stupid people will riot and loot while not really knowing why... But this??? I can't understand it no matter how I try to twist and warp my brain.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
double post
edit on 9/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Wow, just wow. Their mothers must be soooo proud of them. It's just amazing at just how freaking low and stupid people can be.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I guess this is how acts during complete anarchy.
Life goes on though. We can learn from this.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

unfortunately this is what has become of some humans. people used to talk about us back when we would say that people will one day at like this, saying we watch too many movies. now they're asking how to stay safe. behavior like this will spread sadly, and on a worse scale. forget a group of kids, how about a group of grown men, with a group of metal bats, robbing for food.

i feel for the young man, as it's a sad situation, but maybe now he'll be able to understand that when things get real, they get real, and people will not be nice. they will pretend to help you, like they pretended to help him, and they will be all in your pockets, still leaving you to bleed out.

humans are losing their humanity.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This did the rounds 18 hours ago on here, but yes an absolute disgrace

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
How does if feel to glimpse the future?

Want Peace? Work for justice!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Its wrong, yeah....some people get carried away in the big picture. Keep in mind none of these things would be happening if the government did a better job. Alot of people will join in a riot and lose humanity, but this is separate, and a wrong that follows a right. The issue at hand is very, very grey. Its not black or white, one or the other, so you cannot judge a movement by any particular situation in the big picture.
By this line of thinking, you could demand a global war to be stopped because soldiers are raping and killing innocent civilians, but that doesn't stop wars because its a part of war, and the goals of a war may be to promote peace. A couple bad apples don't reflect on your entire crop.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I find it lazy to blame all of this on the government. People are accountable to themselves, first and foremost, and while a recession does create more poverty there is simply no excuse for this kind of immoral, destructive behaviour. People need to start protecting themselves from this scum and parents need to be pointing at their TV screens and showing their children that this is simply unnacceptable, no matter what your personal situation is.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Why is anyone surprised about this?

The English, especially the youths, have a huge reputation for being "punks". Clueless, ignorant, thick-headed, foul-speaking, cruel and heartless are all words that come to mind when I think of a typical English youth.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSmith

Try not tar all young English people with the same brush. The vocal minority do not represent the well behaved majority. It is unfair to think otherwise.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Of course not. Thats why I said typical.

But honestly. London would be on my list of places to never visit, even before this roit due to the reputation of the people in the city.

Others would be:
Detroit
St Louis
New Orleans
Sao Paulo
Caracas
Cape Town
Chechnya
Ciudad Juarez

Those kinds of places...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
These rioters suck at rioting, what's the point of protesting police brutality if you're hurting your own people?

If they really want a send a message, they should go to all of the police stations, raise some hell, go inside, and clash with the cops face to face. But nah, "let's go mug that kid over there! That'll show the cops!"

:shk:

Here's the video:

edit on 9-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

reg

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
poor little bugger, makes me want to give him a hug and tell him it'll be alright. to the spineless twats that did this and to all those twats burning down their own communitys (i was goin to call them rioters, but even rioters usually have a cause, so i'll stick with calling them twats) i just hope Karma catches up with you real soon because believe me when i say, not a truer word was spoken as to the saying 'what goes around comes around'

hope the little guys o.k

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
pretty disturbing.

Its official I hate people.

top topics

join