It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 16, 2011 is Quadruple Witching Hour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I don't usually post in this thread and if it has been previously discussed then please let me know. Four times a year there is an event called Quadruple Witching Hour on Wall Street. It has nothing to do with Wiccans, according to Investipodia, it is when contracts for stock index futures, stock index options, stock options and single stock futures all expire. Then next one is in September (it is the third Friday).

This will not be a lengthy post just a heads up to watch the market on that day. You especially want to watch the last hour of trading as that is when the big money makes it's moves. Big fluctuations on this day (whether up or down) means someone makes a lot of money and somebody loses a lot of money, it also sets the tone for the next three months.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Let's not forget the projected date for the Palestinians to try for the open UN vote on unilateral statehood comes a few days later on the 21st. Oh this is going to be a very active couple of months coming up.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Yea, but the markets have to exist for there to be any continued dropping.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
definitely something to try to wrap my head around... make sure to re-up this thread in the days before the 16th

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The day to watch is Oct. 24th. Which coincidentally (or not) is UN day. If nothing happens on that day then everyone gets a cookie.

top topics

join