It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I like mine with extra sharp cheddar...

you know..

the kind that makes your tongue itch...

good stuff

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
You guys have really posted some good Stuff....all these options options floating through my head.

I was thinking about adding meat to the sandwich and thought chicken could be really good. BBQ chicken breast with a light coat of bbq sauce. I used to do that on a nice dinner salad. I would cook the chicken and then divide it by pulling off long fairly small portions that go with the grain of the meat...giving you pencil thick 3-4 inch strips like pulled pork.

Then grill the sandwich with a bit of the meat on the inside with maybe cheddar, small diced hot pepper or hot pepper flake.

I love that 'tang' you get with vinegar. You know how the Brits squirt a little vinegar on their fish and chips? Wonder if that would work with this sandwich.

Maybe I'm going too far, sounds good though. Anyone know what the Brits use, red wine vinegar?

edit on 8/9/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

Generally speaking you would be wanting Malt vinegar or non brewed condiment.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Thanks bud.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I love that 'tang' you get with vinegar. You know how the Brits squirt a little vinegar on their fish and chips? Wonder if that would work with this sandwich.

Don't wonder. Just do it!

That is what some have been saying here -- there are no rules beyond the basics, and it is YOUR palate you are trying to please. If you like something go ahead and incorporate it wherever you think it might work. If jam works, I am sure vinegar will too.

Most fancy recipes probably started out as some creative way to use left overs anyway. They aren't necessarily high science.

Like another person said, once you've got the basics, the rest is up to you. If it tastes good, you made it right.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

edit on 9/4/2019 by yeahright because: Spam

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
my mouth is watering again. I haven't made a grilled cheese sandwich in a long time.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join