It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have all the birds gone to ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

i read a few times over the years, that birds from Europe were migrating to the canadian maritimes.

might check to see if UK birds are involved.

i live in central new england and we have many birds of all colors.
the audubon society made a study of one 100 acre park and counted over 150 nesting species.

all the towns and cities in the area each put thousands of acres in conservation over the last 40 years.
mainly to keep developpers from building condos and mcmansions.
the area is all granite hills, mountains with lakes and ponds in between, wetlands, can't really improve our roads, so no more traffic.

we also have dozens of reservoirs and clean rivers.

we have thousands of cardinals, north carolina chikadees new to the area in large numbers.

our poor little bats are on the way out though, killed by a white nose desease.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

That bio-diversity you describe has to be a key consideration. We are stripping our world of its complexity and reducing everything to mono-culture crops and manicured grass. Is it any wonder that species are having a hard time of it?

I am glad to hear that at least one area is at least trying to maintain the highly diverse state of its natural environment.

Way to go!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Many thanks to all of you for responding to my enquiry. Unfortunately after all these weeks it is still the case that the wild bird population around here is zero. Just the few pigeons doing their usual scrounging at the shopping mall. Not even one sparrow. Nothing except those few pigeons. This is serious. We now know that the problem is AVIAN INFLUENZA that began in China and is spreading out from there to infect the wild bird population globally and then from there to infect the domestic bird population. As always the government think that mass cullings will stop it, but such mass cullings have never ever stopped any disease whatsoever. So that I wish that they would stop thinking to mass cull. It makes you wonder if they would even go so far as to mass cull humans if they thought that that would prevent the spread of a pandemic out break of human influenza virus ? Anyway at least now I know why there are no birds here. It is certainly the out break of AVIAN INFLUENZA as well as some other pathogen, the name of which I have not been able to remember. Hopefully in due course of time the bird population will return again ?

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Just call some Bird Organisations, look into the Yellow Pages,
this People called "Ornithologists"!

My concern since a few Weeks:
We have a lot of nasty or kawaii "Streetcats"
and normally in June, July and August our Parks and Streets are full
of Baby- or Young Cats, except this Year!

Even my Friends, Colleagues, my Wife or my Girlfriend never saw even one

This is scary because they hunt all the small Stuff which living in the Zone
of the highest Radioactivity!

How does it look alike in Canada or the US, Korea and China???
edit on 31-8-2011 by Human0815 because: spellcheck

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
birds still missing since over 3 wks ago,

havent heard a cricket all summer (!).

and tonite the n'hood dogs are making this said howling sound

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I'm in massachusettes, i live about 10 miles from the ocean and me,my neighbors and others have noticed an almost total absence of birds,squirrels,chipmunks and other such animals...

Where are they?

Have they fled the coastlines because they sense the unpredictable and unforgiving ocean about to rise?

Are the earths polar ice caps about to rapidly melt?

Are the earths poles shifting?

Axis about to tilt?

This time period last year i took pictures in our backyard of about 15 squirrels in one small area and about 7 species of birds right there with them,this year,next to no birds and no squirrels at all and not just for a day or two either,its been many weeks since i've seen any...

Every single previous year we have seen multitudes of bird species and squirrels and even bees and butterflies in our back yard and in the surrounding towns for as far back as i can remember,this past year,around a 80 - 90% drop off rate,somethings very wrong...

I have always said that bizzare animal behaviour will be the first sign we notice...

edit on 2-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Okay...this isnt good at all...i did not see one single bird today,none,not one squirrel either,not any animal anywhere at all and i drove through and walked around about three towns today,why?,where the hell have they gone to?

I live in an area with lots of trees and lots of woods and i usually see animals everywhere around here every single day,except lately and it seems to be getting worse,i'm seeing less and less of them more and more...

Unfortunately,i think they are fleeing,or have already fled the coast lines,they sense a need to get away from the oceans and i live about 10 miles from the ocean,i wish i didnt,but here i am,at least my town is around 120ft above sea level and it might be an island,someday.If i lived somewhere that was at sea level or a few feet above,i would be out of there so fast...

Animals are much closer to nature and are in harmony with nature a lot more than we are and they will inadvertently show us the beginning of something terrible that we will have no choice but to face and endure...
edit on 3-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Heres what is to me another obvious "warning sign from nature".There are a lot of big trees around here in Mass.where i live and the leaves have all fallen off the trees and their should be multitudes of squirrel nests exposed by these trees shedding their leaves and i always see dozens of squirrel nests all over the area,there are usually nests in almost every tree,every year in the past for a long,long time,but,this year right now when i go outside and look around...I see none!...Not one single squirrel nest anywhere!...Why?...Where are they?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
here in texas i've noticed the bluejays are almost all gone. i rarely see them. the other birds missing are mocking birds (still around but not as many) and robins. the grackles, pigeons, and mourning doves are still prolific however, i started noticing a couple of years ago a large number of grackles with their tail feathers missing. it doesn't seem to be as frequent now that i see one with a missing tail but i still see them every now and then. i'm not sure if this is a result of molting but i've watched the grackles all my life and never noticed it until a couple of years ago and i was seeing several a day like that.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is thinking Way Outside The Box,like i usually do,but anythings "possible".Are the animals being Raptured, taken away,vanishing?...Think about that!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Do you live anywhere near the ocean? Like in southern texas? Near the ocean to me is 50 miles away from it as far as i'm concerned,i'm about 10 miles away...

Just the day before yesterday i was putting out our trash barrels and my neighbor saw me and said..."Hi" and i said, "hi,whats up?" and then he said, "where are all the birds?" and i said " and where are all the squirrels?"...

I hope when it comes to this threads subject,most people are not going to do what most people usually do with things that are too much to take,things that are easier to ignore,which is deny them and choose not to admit that something weird and bizzare is going on...

Its way too obvious around here in south eastern mass.,something inexplicable and strange is happening to the animals and the butterflies and bees during the summer as well,although hardly anyones talking about it...What else is new?

edit on 4-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

when i noticed the blue jays disappearing i was an hour from the coast but now i'm right in the middle of texas. i hadn't given the squirrels much thought but they don't seem to be all over the place like they used to be. i usually see at least one a day in my back yard.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
they are confused and havn't left canada yet, i saw a flock of at least 200 ducks yesterday that should of left months ago..

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
they are confused and havn't left canada yet, i saw a flock of at least 200 ducks yesterday that should of left months ago..

the weather certainly must be confusing to the animals. when it's warm in january and the grass is green... it's gotta throw some of them off. it's a beautiful day.... partly cloudy and warm enough for sandals, but it has me worried the summer is going to be another brutal one. we went from an average of 13 days over 100F to having over 60 days this past summer. i was THIS CLOSE to putting aluminum foil on all my windows.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Birds navigate their way around the sky,around the planet by an invisible highway in the sky,the earths magnetic field.Peole have tagged new born birds in brazil and six months later they were found in new england! So the birds are becoming disorientated because somethings happening to the earths magnetic field and whales and dolphins beaching themselves is most likely being caused by something changing with the earths magnetic field as well...

Lets just hope the earths poles arent about to shift,or are actually in the process of shifting...

Lets just hope the earths axis isnt about to tilt or flip,or is actually in the process of tilting or flipping...

Lets just hope that the sun isnt about to release massive and prolonged solar flares...

All those things have been proven to have happend in earths past many times,we just dont know what types of signs preceed those events,we just dont know how long they take to happen either...

The animals will be the first to show us signs,for they live in harmony with nature,somethings happening and its not good...

If the animals are fleeing the worlds coastlines,like they have obviously already fled the area where i live,then they must be escaping the ocean by moving further inland,or perhaps some of them are going underground,they are inadvertently showing us ominous warnings that we should not ignore...

edit on 5-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join