It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes Democrats, there IS a global test

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by professornurbs
reply to post by macman

You forgot tarrifs on China (and all unequal tading partners), start drilling in Alsaka (to break OPEC's back) , Put caps on how much Treasurey Bonds we sell to individual countries. Throw illegals off the welfare system and block them from free education.

Yep.
Sorry, got sidetracked.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

LOL!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I think I should have posted this here instead-

Very true... Everybody seems to be throwing out ideas on how we should fix our economy that do not take away from their interest or agenda. What everybody seems to be overlooking is the fact that cleaning up messes is not fun for anyone. We all have things that we would rather do besides clean crap out of the our sheets. You can get up and do it first thing and be done with it, or you can stall until you can't anymore and have to replace the mattress too. It doesn't matter who crapped the bed, it's where we sleep and it has to be cleaned before bedtime.

Like it or not Republicans, taxes will have to be raised. Don't get too excited Democrats, we can't afford any new spending either, and we should really consider cutting some of the old. I know I'm extremely unpopular right now but I'm just trying to think like any responsible adult would think if their family ended up on the verge of bankruptcy like our nation is now, metaphorically speaking. They would cut out unnecessary spending and pay down as much as possible on their debts.

Doesn't matter who you think is to blame. The ugly truth is that we are in financial trouble because of poor decisions made by both Bush and Obama Administrations, but we are where we are, and as much you may not like it, sacrifices are necessary if economic stability is to be regained.

As always, please feel free to correct me where necessary...

<< 1   >>

join