It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upon further Meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here is a small piece that I am willing to share. It's based partly on a fairly recent meditative experience:

Self Denial

I resigned myself to meditation once more. What I hoped to find was not some enlightened state, or some grand revelation inspiring great change; no, what I searched for before I embarked upon my journey was something simple, pure, and true. I began my meditative state in search of peace, an experience that I had been deprived of in my waking life as of late. Sitting and counting down from the hundred, I began to control my breathing. Breath, something so common that it is usually taken for granted, is the most important factor in meditation. My controlled breathing became second nature, as it often does in these meditative states. I sat there for a long time, in the darkness of Zen, alone.

As often as I feel watched, so do I feel alone in meditation. The loneliness of Zen seems to last an eternity, measured in mere minutes and seconds. It is all I can do to prevent myself from moving to escape the prison of quiet darkness that I entrap my mind within. In the void of Zen, all becomes null, and I cease thought. Usually this is the case, but at times I find myself taken to new planes of thought, bizarre and bewildering. My mind feels the desire to create, to be, and to wander; and wander it does.

On this particular meditation session I found myself exiting the silence of Zen only to find myself standing upon the warm, pink sands of some strange beach. The waves of the crystal blue ocean crashed upon the shore intermittently. The calm, familiar sounds of paradise filled my ears. It’s sunset, and the sky is a soft yet vibrant pink. Before I could take the time to enjoy the strange horizon, I was compelled towards the water by an unknown desire. Walking into the water without an intention to swim, my head became submerged under the pristine waters. Where the waves would take me, I did not know.

The water did not suffocate me, for the ability to breathe was not needed here. My physical body maintained its deep, controlled breathing as my ethereal body was overcome by the heavy water. I lay there slowly sinking into the darkness, the water pulling me further into the void. I was under the impression that I was to simply return to the blackness that is Zen; however, new sights would prove me to be incorrect in my assumption. Upon the deep, stars began to slowly emerge. The horizon became bright with the population of bright shining balls of gases.

Nebulae, Star nurseries, and Galaxies littered the scene. The colors all excited my seemingly dead mind. I was sinking in a sea of the universe, its beauty unimaginable. I was a witness to its glory. A wave of pressure overtook my body and slowly I began to realize that the waters of creation washed me upon shore once again. I laid there for a while, realizing not where I was.

As I sat up, I looked around, trying to make sense of my surroundings. I was on a plain, sand bar of an island; its only inhabitant, me. The waves crashed upon the shore, still holding within them the face of the universe. As the water reflected all existence, so did the sky. Above me planets rotated on their axis, and stars twinkled brightly. I could only marvel in the magnificence of it all for so long. There was nowhere to go, and nothing to do. I once again resigned myself to meditation, as I had seemingly lost contact with my physical body.

Sitting on the sands, listening to the waters of creation slowly wash upon the beach, I began to change. My clothes dissolved into energy and my skin became as if mercury. All distinguishing features that made me unique were abolished. I sat there, in half lotus, a liquid metal being in humanoid form. The sky and the waters that reflected the universe became my guide. The reflective skin I wore began to reflect the wonder of creation. Stars tattooed my body, and the darkness of the void became the moving background of my being. At once, I felt at peace with all.

I begin to float a few feet off of my island of self. Metallic roots began to spread from below me, sinking into the sands below. Flowing from my back, branches of liquid metal moved like water in zero gravity. Eventually hundreds of branches, all reflecting the twinkling void, stood proudly from my back. I soon began to bear fruit.
Droplets of darkness began to form along the arms of the branches of my being. I sat there in peace, as more of them began to slowly emerge. They remained as is dark raindrop jewels upon my branches for a time. Eventually, I found that within them life seemingly began to emerge. Brilliant flashes of light made themselves apparent in each of the dark shapes of my creation. As the light died down from one, another would burst with radiance. All the while, I continued my meditative posture. To my delight, I found something amazing in each once dark creation of my mind. Within each and every single jewel, lay a unique and complex universe, budding and expanding within its confines.

As the fruit became heavy, a being would wash upon my shores, naked yet knowing. Some were humanoid, and others the definition of alien; each, however, knowing exactly what to do. One at a time they would find themselves lying upon the sands of the shore, washed up by the waters of the universe. As they established their footing, sometimes flight, they made their way to a particular fruit that was different for each. Before touching the fruit designed especially for them, they would exude the most fantastic rays of emotion. Upon, picking the jewel from my branches the creature and its new found reality would glow until they became no more. This continued until the branches of my tree were bare.

Somehow I found myself, again, lying upon the shore of the island of self. I was naked, bathed in a liquid metal that gave no hint of features. I stood and slowly looked upon the being I thought to be myself, yet somehow I was removed from it. It looked to be a tree, a tree featuring a being much like myself in its center. I looked upon its greatness in awe. I was humbled by its presence. Upon its branches, there were no fruit, no dark jewels of creation remained for me to pluck.

I stared at this magnificent being and sat, a faceless metallic man. I assumed the lotus position and began to meditate. It was my place to wait, and observe patience. As I sat, facing this majestic creator, my vision was shrouded in the darkness. I found myself breathing in and out in deep, controlled breaths. I opened my eyes to familiar physical surroundings. My meditation was complete, my mind confused. With a sigh, I stood, finding the nearest mirror I could look within. Once there, I bowed to self, realizing the lesson to be learned.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I'd love to read the whole piece if you're willing to put it up one day. I thoroughly enjoyed that my friend, you and I are kindred souls in belief anyway. I wrote a piece called Theological Mechanics to back up another rant I was going into about our view of Magick - it almost echoes what you've written word for word.

Synchronicity is at play and the children are all coming home.
edit on 3/8/11 by Imhotepsol because: Idiocy.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

Link me to it if you ever post it. I'm more than interested.

Yeah, this is actually complete. I meant that this is one of my smaller works that I am willing to post on the internet. I'm hoping to put some of my more interesting meditation experiences within a collection one day, however, we'll see how that goes. I have more short stories and pieces of flash fiction, but I don't know about posting them here. I really don't know the copyright policy as well as I should and would hate to lose ip rights.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Very interesting my friend.

It seems to me that you are coming along swimmingly in your meditation and self-understandings, although you must realize that you already are enlightened, figuring out how to use it is the hard part...

I've recently been having dreams where many many negative entities and situations present themselves to me, and essentially entrap me, at which point I can begin levitating - controlled levitation. This means that I am now breaking free of my own weight, the weight of others and situation of circumstance. Effectively I am now capable of manifestation.

To me it seems as though you may still carry the weight I am just relieving myself of.

Very vivid read, very beautiful. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Ever read any Richard Bach?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Thank you.

No, I've never heard of Richard Bach, but I'll be sure to check him out.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It definitely makes for good reading

I'll be sure to see if you have any other short stories, I found this one quite vibrant and it easily painted a picture in my head.

Maybe you should become a writer if you're not already one? Your writing is very colorful and I believe you might be able to make a buck or two off it

Good luck on your journies my friend!

Love and Light.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Just take a look through my threads mate. I'm in the middle of dumping years worth of writing on here now in the Philosophy and Metaphysics forum. I really hope I don't get banned for spamming

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com... have a read of that first actually. I just put it up.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yeah, upon discussing these things with my parents, I have decided to look into getting some of my work out there on the market.

new topics

top topics

join