It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatch, Senators raise concerns over UN Treaty impact on second amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Hatch, Senators raise concerns over UN Treaty impact on second amendment

hatch.senate.gov

U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) joined his colleague Senator Jerry Moran (R-KS) and 43 other Senators in expressing grave concern about the dangers posed to Second Amendment rights by the United Nations’ Arms Trade Treaty. In a letter to President Obama and Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, the 45 senators said they would oppose ratification of an Arms Trade Treaty that in any way restricts the rights of law-abiding American gun owners. This is enough to block the treaty from Senate passage,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is a "Press Release"
and the best line for this came in the very next paragraph

“Our Second Amendment is non-negotiable,” said Hatch.

Well said Mister Hatch we Americans will not so easily give up our rights and freedoms at the whim of an United Nations Arms Trade Treaty made without consulting we the people of this great land...

Go to the link to read a copy of the letter these 45 brave Americans sent to Mister Obama... I only wish I lived in Utah so I could vote for Mister Hatch in the next election...

hatch.senate.gov

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

This is a "Press Release"
and the best line for this came in the very next paragraph

“Our Second Amendment is non-negotiable,” said Hatch.

Well said Mister Hatch we Americans will not so easily give up our rights and freedoms at the whim of an United Nations Arms Trade Treaty made without consulting we the people of this great land...

Go to the link to read a copy of the letter these 45 brave Americans sent to Mister Obama... I only wish I lived in Utah so I could vote for Mister Hatch in the next election...

hatch.senate.gov

That's ok, the super congress will fast track the non-negotiable ammendment out of existence. No negotiation required.

Next.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
About god damn time someone in the Govt starts creaming that it is illegal!!!

Great find.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Way past time to get out of the UN, and tell them to get out of New York. UN is corrupt, incompetent, inefficient, and run by America hating third world banana republics. They don't deserve a dime of US taxpayer money.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

I hope your wrong... and as for this super congress...
my third story for today makes it look like a lot of heads are about to roll...
that's what happens when you believe yourselves above the law
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

excuse me for being blunt but this is nothing more than Orin Hatch kissing up to the tea party. he like all incumbent republicans are deathly afraid of a primary challenge by the tea party. if I'm not mistaken, the unholy hierarchy at the tea party had Mr.Hatch targeted not that long ago, that is until he started playing their game. ....... it's just my opinion........ & that and $6 will get you a coffee at starbux

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

you might be right... what with congress climbing all over ATF and the DOJ over this gunwalking scandal it might be these folks chose this action as a means of distancing themselves... Still for whatever the real motivations are behind this... at least in this case they may have inadvertently chosen to do the right thing for a change

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What I don't really understand is why our own citizens, acting in an official government capacity, would even entertain the possibility of nullifying a Constitutional "right" via relinquishing our sovereignty via some jumped-up initiative from - of all places - an international quorum at the UN.

First off, the UN is a vehicle for the transnational corporate entities to exert influence on sovereign governments, not much else. When these people decide that 'armed' citizens are a threat, we should cheer! It means they recognize that their will can be contested.

Any effort to change that is an obvious tip-off that they aim to "rule" not "govern."

To any world leader: "If you cannot trust your citizens to be armed, then they OBVIOUSLY cannot trust you."

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Provided they DO DO what they say.........
These guys are freakin chameleons wholl say anything if its popular, but do the exact opposite if their paid well enough or it is of better benefit to them....
The FINAL VOTE still rests in the hands of armed aware and vigorous constitutionalists all over America....
But this is rapidly changing...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Three words...

Cold.. Dead... Fingers...

On a side note though.. I personally do not think the Govt has the balls to even try to take away our 2nd amendment rights... I think right now the numbers are what? 20,000 Military, a couple hundred thousand or so police vs... MILLIONS...

Yeah won't happen.
edit on 2-8-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

if the military would ever actually try going door to door they would have a HUGE personnel and recruiting issue..

many would be 'derelict of duty' and the traitors who followed the order would be lying in pools of blood across front yards across america.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

excuse me for being blunt but this is nothing more than Orin Hatch kissing up to the tea party.

You could be right. But if I was in danger from falling from a cliff and the Devil grabbed my hand, I'd still say, "Thanks!"

/TOA

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
i just dont get it what part do those idiots just cant get through their small little bought off minds

what part of the second ammendment do they not get?

its like bill cosby when he siad to neo he said son i brought you into this world i can take you right back out of it.

we brought the un into this world dont think for one second we couldnt take them right back out

kick those idiots off us land and ban them forever.

and when a government doesnt trust its people thats the day this country truly died.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
...when a government doesnt trust its people thats the day this country truly died.

That is pretty much endemic to governments and an intrinsic property of the need for it. The distrust begins with the assertion that people cannot be trusted to be their own personal and individual sovereigns. Much like the old chestnut the moment you are born, you get on with dying, anything man builds immediately begins decaying. eventually wears out and must be replaced.

top topics

join