It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Criticized for Calling Tea Party Republicans 'Terrorists' Over Their Debt Limit Stance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Published August 01, 2011

Vice President Biden compared Tea Party Republicans to “terrorists” during a private meeting with House Democrats on Monday, a senior Democratic official told Fox News.

The official said Biden made the comments in reaction to a heated conversation with liberal House members like Rep. Mike Doyle, D-Pa., who were venting that Republicans got too much out of the debt ceiling deal unveiled the night before.

Biden said some Tea Party Republicans “acted like terrorists” during the negotiations.

More at link

So we hear stories of how if TARP is not passed, tanks will roll in the streets, and if the spending limit isn't raised, government will function but citizens won't get social security or military their paychecks? Who are the terrorists here? Clearly the public is being terrorized by government, a figurative gun is held against our heads for our money.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
takes one to know one

classic democratic beleifs pass someone off as they are themselves.

call me a terrorist too if you think a government should live within its means instead of raising the limit of those means constantly.

hey joe!! time to retire and let us handle it awhile so far the only people who havent screwed this country over lead us to war and spend trillions of dollars that can never be paid for are us terrorists!

last thought one mans terrorist is one mans freedom fighter the funniest party of that saying is its taken straight from the very same people who came up with that little tidbit.
edit on 1-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Well in Bite Me's world they are terrorists as they are threatening congress to actually do their job and live within their means.

That is considered terrorism by most all liberals.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well then, Obama should be classified as such for threatening anyone on Social Security?
Money directly pay into that scam and should automatically be repaid?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
www.foxnews.com...

Published August 01, 2011

Vice President Biden compared Tea Party Republicans to “terrorists” during a private meeting with House Democrats on Monday, a senior Democratic official told Fox News.

The official said Biden made the comments in reaction to a heated conversation with liberal House members like Rep. Mike Doyle, D-Pa., who were venting that Republicans got too much out of the debt ceiling deal unveiled the night before.

Biden said some Tea Party Republicans “acted like terrorists” during the negotiations.

More at link

So we hear stories of how if TARP is not passed, tanks will roll in the streets, and if the spending limit isn't raised, government will function but citizens won't get social security or military their paychecks? Who are the terrorists here? Clearly the public is being terrorized by government, a figurative gun is held against our heads for our money.

I think some where some how, we slipped into bizarre-o-land. Soooo, wanting a balanced budget, wanting our debt cut and wanting the government to control its spending is terrorist speak?
Well, I can see where he'd get that idea, I mean how long has the presidents lap dogs in the press been cramming it down our throats that if we don't give obama what he wants stock markets will crash throught the world, seniors wont get their social security checks, ect, ect.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This falls right in line with the Missouri MIAC report released in 2009, which described constitution and Ron Paul supporters as 'militia' influenced terrorists. VP Biden is following a very carefully laid out course of propaganda which has been around long before the Tea Party even existed. The truth is the mobsters and thugs who have hijacked our political system are the REAL terrorists.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

This falls right in line with the Missouri MIAC report released in 2009, which described constitution and Ron Paul supporters as 'militia' influenced terrorists. VP Biden is following a very carefully laid out course of propaganda which has been around long before the Tea Party even existed. The truth is the mobsters and thugs who have hijacked our political system are the REAL terrorists.

I though Obama was stopping that practice. You know, like renaming "war" to "Kinetic Military Action".

Or "war on terror" to "Overseas Contingency Operation".

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
reply to post by Dbriefed

Well in Bite Me's world they are terrorists as they are threatening congress to actually do their job and live within their means.

That is considered terrorism by most all liberals.
Spoken like a true Special Ops Commander!

edit on 2-8-2011 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Biden is an idiot, a real blithering idiot. I think most on the right and the left understand this. He reminds me of the nerdy looking idiot kid in Osmosis Jones they gave the fake science project to just to make him feel better. I'm sure he's not invited to meetings where any real policy work is expected to happen.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Absolutely insulting. This administration refuses to refer to illegal immigrants as illegal immigrants and Islamic radical militants as such, and they refer to Islamic terrorist attacks as "man caused disasters" but yet somehow the American people are called terrorists? What is this clown smoking? Joe Biden is living in lala land. I am really hoping that Obama picks a new running mate should he run again in 2012, Biden is too much of a liability and a loose cannon with his constant foot in mouth moments.

I pray every night for Obama's safety and well being, not because I like him but because if anything happens to him we are stuck with President Joe Biden

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I wonder when Faux News will print thier retraction. I saw the V. P. on the morning news and he was saying that he was getting an earfull from dems, and some were calling the tea party what evers terrorists. He said there was no place for that type of language in Washington and those who are on the my way or the highway bandwagon will either learn to compromise of find themselves on the highway. He was speaking to both parties and seemed very statesman like to me.

But hey don't let the mans own words on national tv get in the way of opinion. Try this for once. Listen to the people speak thier own words and make up your mind for yourself what they are saying.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by soundguy

I wonder when Faux News will print thier retraction. I saw the V. P. on the morning news and he was saying that he was getting an earfull from dems, and some were calling the tea party what evers terrorists. He said there was no place for that type of language in Washington and those who are on the my way or the highway bandwagon will either learn to compromise of find themselves on the highway. He was speaking to both parties and seemed very statesman like to me.

But hey don't let the mans own words on national tv get in the way of opinion. Try this for once. Listen to the people speak thier own words and make up your mind for yourself what they are saying.

Oh, so Joe Bite Me denied saying it and said he chastised others for saying it?

Well, hell's bells, that's good enough for me!

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Joe BIden is projecting his own actions on to those who seek to oppose his tyranny.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I bet they don't let Biden near the hunting gear. Might have another Cheney moment.

new topics

top topics

join