It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious lack of....humanity...and gangs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So, a few weeks ago I went to an event in a nearby town called 'party in the park'. I think the name does a fairly good job of describing the event

It was an all day event and finished late at night, but I stayed behind in the park with 2 girls and a guy who are my friends and I had spent the day with, while we were waiting three guys my male friend knew came and joined us aswell as a girl they had met earlier in the day.

Eventually we left and whilst we were walking down the street three girls walked over and started attacking the girl who had joined our group... now we were all shocked at the sudden attack but when I saw these girls were actually hitting her I stepped in between to stop it. Of course they started hitting me but I wasn't overly bothered... then suddenly a guy I hadn't even seen on the street steps infront of me and the next thing I know I'm staring up at a police woman quite literally covered in my own blood.

What I have been told was that the girl who was being attacked ran after I stepped in (fair enough, thats what I hoped she would do) then the guy stepped up, produced some knuckle dusters and started to lay in to me, with the help of five other guys... I was knocked to the floor, knocked unconcious for about 5 minutes whilst they all continued to stamp on and kick my head and face.

I got 10 broken teeth, my nose shattered and I received multiple skull fractures one of which caused me to leak CSF... plus the obvious bumps and bruises....and I'll add that this was not a beating, it was attempted murder as agreed by the police...they had aimed solely for my head in order to kill me and had only left as the police showed up.

But what gets me...WORSE than them doing that to me...was that only the one friend I'd been with came to help...and he got knocked unconcious too for his efforts. The other guys we were with all ran...and not a single person from the numerous bars/restraunts and taxi firms tried to help. Despite the fact we know they could see what had happened because it was someone from one of these businesses who called the police. At least one whole restraunt could see too, as I later heard from soemone at work that her friend had seen a 'massive fight' on the night and place where I was attacked.

There were 6 guys attacking me, closer to 60 men who could see this...and only 1 tried to help. Nobody even did so mch as stick their head out of a door and shout 'I've called the police' ...they just watched. Now I knew when I saw that girl being attacked, that as soon as I stepped in I would be attacked by the girls and wouldn't really be able to retaliate; but I simply couldn't bear watching someone else being attacked and I know I would do it again.

I simply can't even begin to understand how so many people could just stand by and not care... sure a few might have been too shocked or even scared of the results of stepping in... but not the amount who would have seen considering this was a Saturday night and the town was fairly busy... no they simply decided to ignore it...thank God my friend did try to help or I might not be sitting here writing this far too long thread in the first place

And while we're on the topic hehe, the other thing thats annoying me is how everyone acts like I was some sort of hero for trying to help....that shouldn't be a heroic act...it was my natural response to seeing someone being attacked. If just about everyone else who saw hadn't been so apathetic (or just pathetic) then nobody would need to say i was a hero. I just did the right thing, unfortunatly only one other person did too.

(PS they all got away
)
edit on 31-7-2011 by StevenDye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Thank you for stepping in...I'm sorry that all you got for it was a terrible beating. I think nowadays that most people are afraid to get involved in anything that doesn't create an income for them. You would have been shot dead here.
As rampant, selfish, unregulated capitalism takes hold everywhere I think it brings with it a sense that we don't need to help anyone else but ourselves.

I'm glad there are still people willing to help others. You ARE a hero.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I hope you get better soon

Sorry about your experence with the thugs

When seconds count the police are only minutes away..Sorry this happened to you.

It seems people just dont care for their fellow man these days

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about your injuries. Its crap like this that infuriates me. To many cowards in the world today including the people who didn't help, and the social parasites that beat you.

Glad to hear there are people out there caring for each other. Too bad they are few and far between.

Hope you are okay now OP!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
the part of you that wanted to help that girl is your greatist strength and your greatist weakness. what I mean is it's great to help people but you also lack the ability to truly hurt people like the guy with brass knuckles did to you. now that you know that next time you try to protect someone go into the situation with the intent to use brutal violence against people because those animals will not think twice about using it on you.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

Eventually we left and whilst we were walking down the street three girls walked over and started attacking the girl who had joined our group...

For no reason?

Of course they started hitting me but I wasn't overly bothered... then suddenly a guy I hadn't even seen on the street steps infront of me...

Did the guy think you were about to lay into the girls?

then the guy stepped up, produced some knuckle dusters and started to lay in to me, with the help of five other guys...

And this was for?

Sorry, I understand you are a little hurting right now, but it seems like you are leaving out details to the story. Unless of course you live in a Nigerian Slum.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

wow kudos for you

next time you find yourself in such a situation
remember the fundamental precept of Estilo Sangre:

one blow, one cadaver.

a star and flag for your trouble and a star for your mate.

start wearing 2 belts, one to hold your trousers up and another with a very heavy buckle worn like a sash so you can whip it off quickly,wrap the non buckle end around your hand and lay into your opponent, using the buckle .

when US marines MP's want to clear out a bar this is how they do it.
edit on 31-7-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
what is it with people that 30 men will watch 3 men beat an innocent guy to a pulp, and all of them act like nothing is going on, this is the reason that crime is rampant on the streets, and even if people do step in then the police get pissed off because you have just showed them up for the powerless to stop crime unless its you, for standing up to the PTB idiots that thy are,...... seriously what is wrong with the world for the past 3 weeks every time I come on this site I end up logging off in bad mood, the world is going down the drain good people are been ripped of by their governments, big buissnes, and you cant walk around your own neighbourhood or go out for a drink or a meal with out agressive drunks or just plain scumbag trying to pick a fight with you or some other poor person just trying to have a good night
: mad:

edit on 1-8-2011 by Lucifersjester because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
And that's why I am for bringing gun laws back, how else to defend yourself in a situation like this than to drop a few of them?

I feel sorry for you OP, hope you recover well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2c7503c6536.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

and if you do shoot them you will be in the wrong these days the law protects the criminals have the upper hand and have more rights than the law abiding citizen, we all need to start taking the law in to our own hands and start a cull on the scumbags who are destroying our lives

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

For no reason?

I believe I heard something about cheating, not nice indeed but similarly no excuse for three people to attack someone. They were about 16-17 (I'm 19) I would imagine these three girls had been drinking.

Did the guy think you were about to lay into the girls?

One of the girls ran off to the group of guys and they came over, of course we can't be sure what they said, but we do know they were 'going out' and it clearly can't have been anything good. Though from where they were standing I have been told it would have been clear to them that I hadn't actually assaulted anyone, the most they can have thought was that I threatened to.

(I didn't mention but i have a list of name of those involved...there isn't proof but it's fairly accurate as one of the girls who is a friend claimed to know them.)

And this was for?

From the names given and a bit of facebook research I found that most of the people involved were part of the towns local gang... which is made mostly of 14-15 year olds, unfortunatly I managed to find some of the older members. So basically...I got in the way of someones girlfriend so he and his guys decided that was a good enough reson to do this to me.

(P.S the list of names was no use, for as soon as the person who gave me the list realised is was a gang who did the beating they refused to give a statement to the police in fear of retaliation, and as I can't remember it I am unable to pick people out of any sort of lineup. Though the police knew every single name on the list already from previous crimes.)

Sorry, I understand you are a little hurting right now, but it seems like you are leaving out details to the story. Unless of course you live in a Nigerian Slum.

No you are right, I was concious of how long it was starting to feel writing the thread.

As to other posters, firstly thankyou very much for your comments. As much as I don't feel any sort of hero your comments do give a sort of... it was worth it to me when the girl who had escaped found me on facebook to thank me for helping her. Hearing what you say is a bonus on top of that.

And aye, I can't understand how people can be like this. The guilt I would have felt if I was one of those people (Despite being a couple of towns over from where I live, this is England and word travels fast, it's common knowledge there was an attack. And it would take mere minutes to find the names of those involved from any number of people, just impossible to get a statement.) would be terrible. I would constantly feel as if I could have made a difference and stopped the attack, and thats somethign I wouldn't want to live with.

As far as weapons go... I'm just glad they didn't have a knife considering their intentions.
edit on 1-8-2011 by StevenDye because: Edit to avoid multiple posts.

new topics

top topics

join