It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to Invest In?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Sorry mods didnt know where to put this, please move accordingly.

G'day I want to start investing dont have a great deal of cash $1500 aus, what should I invest in i was thinking metals or maybe trying out the stock market, but don't know how

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Land - God aint making any more of it. You won't get much for $1500AUS though
How about a website? I just sold one actually for $1500USD, brings in a steady income of $350 a month, with a bit of work I'm sure the buyer will improve on that, perhaps flip it and sell it for more.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Ginga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

Save your money in the stocks, you don't have enough money to put into it and since you don't know how to do it......they will eat you alive. Gold and Silver are good and easy to bury in a safe place so thats what I would do with that much to work with. Get it in coins so if you havfe to barter with it you don't have to melt out pieces of it etc Liquor would be good to barter with also and only gets better with age, but if there is an earth quake etc the bottles could be damaged etc. With all that said this is assuming you have all your survival gear and food storage for you and your family.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
with gold prices and platinum prices as high as they are right now i wouldnt get into it

if you were already in thats a different story

silver may be a little better however precious metals right now is an inflated over manipulated bubble

and all bubbles burst any number of things could happen sudden flood of the market

always remember the decision is yours to make and any investing of any kind takes risk and patience and a bit of luck.

edit on 30-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
"What to Invest In?" Books, educational tools that will teach you how to survive.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Books, educational tools that will teach you how to survive.
What's the point of wasting resources on knowledge that is freely available on websites like ATS?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Invest in a garden.. That is something that is important not only of shtf but also your well being.. You can give extras to neighbors and things like that..

But I would invest in a garden and maybe solar power or something like that...

I wouldnt bet much on gold and silver because if things went to hell that would be the last thing i would want.. I would want a gun and something to eat..

Now if you are planning after shtf I would go wit smokes, beer, and ammo for guns...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I also planned to play the stock markets/forex but without capital in the hundreds of thousands it's not worth it. 1500 is a small amount. It's easier to play the stocks than forex for me since I know exactly when they'll crash (but I don't have the capital yet.) With forex it's more tricky. You have to watch the news all day and anticipate political decisions that move currencies up or down which is not for me. You can have someone do the trading for you like mutual funds but the returns are measly and you'll have to wait decades to see results with 1500 bucks. And even professionals lose money. Better go the small business route first. I'd go with anything having to do with food.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm into forex trading since this year and i have to warn you about stocks and forex trading being a very risky biz for beginners. As a trader with no experience, you could easily loose your 1500 $ within a very short time.
1500 $ is a good amount to start trading forex. However, before you start to invest your real money, educate yourself and do enough of practice trading with fake money. All online forex brokers offer demo accounts on which you can train yourself with fake money (but real chart data).
My recommendation for a broker is Oanda.
If you are a programmer, I recommend you to check out MQL4 and MQL5 programming languages for development of automated trading systems, so called "expert advisors" (short: "EA") and helpful scripts for the trading platform MetaTrader4/5.

Ko3

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Invest in a nice handgun and plenty of ammo for when TSHTF. Everything else you may need can then be taken at gunpoint when civilization goes old-school

new topics

top topics

join