It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I pay off the credit cards..or just wait for armadebton to come?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have a credit card that is going to start occurring interest rates on it in August. Should I pay most of it off by the first, even though I def don't have the 800$ o throw down on it, or transfer the balance onto another card so I have a whole other year to pay it off..even though I was planning on transfering the balance of another credit card that has more $ on it in October..
Or...just say screw it and pay the minimum payment because the economy is probably going to collapse and it's going to be total anarchy and turn into Cuba in a matter of seconds....

What to do..what to do...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
2nd option where u trasfer the cash givign you more time...just incase

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Transfer it to another card with a larger credit limit.

Use the excess balance to buy long-lasting food, water purifiers, shelter, personal protection, and other must-have survival gear now while you still can.

Then, pay the minimum balance monthly. If TSHF/TEOTWAWKI occurs as many think it will, you will be far better off than most of the populace.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The usual way the scenario plays out is that
- the bank owners dont have to pay
- you always have to pay

Dont think for a moment that they'll let you get away with an unpaid debt.
Might take a while for them to catrch up with you if the backlog of debtors grows too large (as appears to be the case now with home owners not paying mortgages) but you will always be on the records as someone who has to pay.
Eventually.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Pay it off then do yourself the favor of destroying it. End your slavery to the banks.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Follow the lead of the federal government. Call your credit card company and tell them you are broke, then ask to have your limit increased so you can continue spending in an attempt to bail out the economy.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Follow the lead of the federal government. Call your credit card company and tell them you are broke, then ask to have your limit increased so you can continue spending in an attempt to bail out the economy.

Yes, Yes...This is a good idea

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
The usual way the scenario plays out is that
- the bank owners dont have to pay
- you always have to pay

Dont think for a moment that they'll let you get away with an unpaid debt.
Might take a while for them to catrch up with you if the backlog of debtors grows too large (as appears to be the case now with home owners not paying mortgages) but you will always be on the records as someone who has to pay.
Eventually.

This is good advice.

Anyone who tells you that an economic collapse will wipe all debt is a fool.

If however the economy doesn't collapse and the 'Reptilians' decide not to enslave humanity for a few hundred years then you won't be stuck with bad credit later in life.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Dont pay it off. Go out and get a huge loan then buy a brand new 2012 Dodge Ram truck. Get yourself a really nice 42 inch Sony LCD flat screen tv on credit, buy a very expensive computer, buy your woman a diamond ring, get as many credit cards as they will allow you to have.

Then after you have maxed out the cards and exceeded your credit limit, FILE BANKRUPTCY!

Stick it to the man!
"TPTB"
edit on 7/27/2011 by mustangill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DeVIAS

"Reap only what you sew."

You can not live of off bread of the some others wheat when yours has not even grown to the point of being cut nor the grain has been ground to make it.

Only after the fruit of your labor can you enjoy it.

Does anybody know what that actually means?

You can not live off of money you have not earned, yet by borrowing it from others.

You become a slave to them,and not a free person.

That is what you are trying to do now.

Spending your future labor to live in the present.

Jesus said the greatest sin a man can,have is greed and debt.

What did you actually spend the money you have not even earned yet on?

Was it really needed for you to live on, or was it because of peer pressure and,"everybody is doing it so I may as well too" attitude?

Even if you are not religious,that one phrase lived like it means,will ultimately bring you a peaceful calm life and less stress too.

It did for me.

I am not a slave to any man and I am free to do what I want within the means I have to do it.

edit on 28-7-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
Dont pay it off. Go out and get a huge loan then buy a brand new 2012 Dodge Ram truck. Get yourself a really nice 42 inch Sony LCD flat screen tv on credit, buy a very expensive computer, buy your woman a diamond ring, get as many credit cards as they will allow you to have.

Then after you have maxed out the cards and exceeded your credit limit, FILE BANKRUPTCY!

Stick it to the man!
"TPTB"
edit on 7/27/2011 by mustangill because: (no reason given)

Ohhh man that is beautiful, you have a wickedly good mind. This could catch on with the non conformists. Maybe we aren't powerless after all.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Transfer it to a new credit lender let htem bite the dust, if the SHTF this year, which our government is appearing to show us they dont have interest in the well being of us americans, at least they dont get your money from debt tax collection before they take us out. I would buy foods, ammo, water storage bins, seeds, stuff you can use to bunker down with, in the event of something big. Is what im doing. I need about 6 more weeks to feel 80% ready. right know im about 60%. I would hope to have 50 to 100 gallons of stored gas, more medical supplies, and maybe a little more foods.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

I've been using credit cards for years and have a great credit score for people my age. It's not a matter of paying it off or not, because I'm going to pay it. It's a matter of the smartest way to do it without being completely raped by interest. I have the money, but I used a big portion of it to relocate, because my house was robbed, and am now 1 assault rifle in the hole, so moving was a must do.

No one knows whats going to happen in a year. I had my plan to have it completely settled with out worry, but due to shiesty insurance companies that don't want to pay the people they owe, so now I have to wait 4 months to put them through arbitration. Not my fault that other people are pieces of trash that led to me to re-figure my financial situation out at last minute. Oh well...that's life I guess..

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DeVIAS

pay
you was not supposed to "have" anyway.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Just tell your cc company what Trump tells banks when he defaults on loans. Your financial crisis was an act of God and because of that you don't owe them a dime.

new topics

top topics

join