It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 3 Sitcoms - what you got?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Ab Fab - what a great pick! OMG, those two birds were such a caution, i loved every episode of that show. that is a must-have on DVD.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I would say picking the top 3 is really tricky - there are a lot of great ones out there...
for me I would have
1 - Friends.
Some later episodes over the 10 seasons were a bit lame - but this had some laugh out loud moment in it...and is probably my favourite ever TV show - not just sitcom.

Amazing...

2. The Inbetweeners
Just amazing - aimed more towards blokes I imagine - but what a funny funny show.
So wrong as well...which just makes it even funnier. WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE

3. Phoenix Nights
I love this - out at the same time as the office but a little bit funnier for me - only a little bit, but it just edges the office out of this position.

Honorable mentions...
The Office, Peep Show, Everybody Loves Raymond....
edit on 13-8-2011 by facchino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Frasier, the office, and That 70's show. and maybe maybe and maybe Big bang thoery maybe

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The Cosby Show
Living Single
Two and a Half Men

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Big Bang Theory is great, but hasn't been around long enough for me to consider it one of the greatest yet. Longevity has to play into it for me....

reminds me of how Bat-Man nearly killed Adam West' career.

What career did he have OTHER than Batman? (and perhaps the Mayor in Family Guy)...

I'm sure Ed O'Neil isn't upset when he cashes those syndication checks each month...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
In reverse order:

* Bottom - for some reason, this was absolutely hilarious at the time and still manages to raise a s'n-word' 20 years later

* The Office (US version) - some of my fellow Brits may cry blasphemy but honestly, I never found the UK original funny at all. The only thing about Ricky Gervais that genuinely makes me laugh is his friend Karl Pilkington, Ricky himself is one of those overrated and not funny "comedians" that people seem to love (along with that fat idiot from Gavin & Stacey, Russell Brand etc)

US version of The Office has me in stitches all the time. Steve Carell is genius, Rainn Wilson plays Dwight to perfection and Jim and Pam not only bring you in with their relationship but Jim's pranks were some of the funniest things I've seen on tv. Not to mention Andy, Kevin and Creed also have their moments of utter hilarity.

* Frasier - intelligent without being snobby, I get most of the jokes unless they revolve around an American athlete or tv/movie star, definitely a case of a spin off being better than the series it came from. One of the funniest shows to ever grace tv (not including Seinfeld or Friends because I honestly never liked them, they were another pair of shows that weren't funny)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

Another unfunny show, The Inbetweeners. Why is it that most British tv sucks yet I'm in the minority who hates it seemingly?

2nd for the hell of it and for the hilarious throwaway line from Frasier when the parents of Roz's unborn child's father came over and the jokes revolved around their huge noses....

"Mmm, what's that I smell?"

"Probably Japan"

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I really don't watch sitcoms but:

Big Bang Theory

Is my absolute favorite. I don't miss an episode.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
1. The Inbetweeners
2. Friends
3. Tie between How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory

edit on 30-8-2011 by TheFruitLoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
1. Family Guy
2. Seinfeld
3. Benny Hill

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Each to their own - but you call The Office UK and inbetweeners unfunny and claim Bottom to be timeless comedy?
mmmmm OK.

2 men in a squalid flat hitting each other with frying pans. Hardly even worth a smile.

I will agree on is that Fraser is funny. But definitely not one of the funniest shows ever?!

You prefer American comedy then to UK?
I think with the exception of Friends - my preference is for UK comedies. There are some good US shows like fraser, curb your enthusiasm, everybody loves raymond (the Grandad is my fave) but they are not as funny as the office, fawlty towers, blackadder, phoenix nights, inbetweeners, etc.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by facchino

Another unfunny show, The Inbetweeners. Why is it that most British tv sucks yet I'm in the minority who hates it seemingly?

Are you nuts? The Inbetweeners is a triumph of humanity. Maybe you were just born without a sense of humour.

Oh wait you like Frasier it must just take 11 seasons of the same joke for them to finally get through to you.

You are probably just one of those people who don't like it because they find themselves agreeing with will too much.
edit on 3-9-2011 by FEDec because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
3. King of Queens
2. Family Guy
1> How I Met Your Mother

top topics

<< 1   >>

join