It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GE Moving X-Ray Business to China

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Crapspackle

I agree the rate needs to be raised but I blame the people that allow the tax code to be how it is and not those that use it to their advantage.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Gee what a surprise, Immelt obamas jobs czar sends jobs to china. For a job czar hes doing a bang up job helping china.

edit on 28-7-2011 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Pardon me but WTF?!?! This is absurd and insulting as well as contributing further to our economic downward spiral. Guess who heads this and is the CEO for GE? Jeffery Immelt, who was appointed by Obama for US JOBS CREATION!
Link Ge has already dodged a fair tax burden with crafty exploitation of tax loopholes, and now they are closing shop(XRay bus) in the US to ship overseas.
Immelt's contact info: Here

More info: It's not just GE -

But GE is far from alone in shipping jobs and economic infrastructure out of the United States. For example, big automakers such as Ford are being very aggressive in China. Ford is currently "building three factories in Chongqing as part of $1.6 billion investment that also includes another plant in Nanchang".
Today, China accounts for approximately one out of every four vehicles sold worldwide. The big automakers consider the future to be in China.
Just a few decades ago, China was an economic joke and the U.S. economy was absolutely unparalleled.
But disastrous trade policies have opened up the door for a mammoth transfer of jobs, factories and wealth from the United States to China.
China has become an absolute powerhouse and America is rapidly declining.
Beautiful new infrastructure is going up all over China even as U.S. infrastructure rots and decays right in front of our eyes.
You can see some amazing pictures of the stunning economic development that has been going on in China here, here, here and here.
America is being deindustrialized at lightning speed and very few of our politicians seem to care.
Back in 1979, there were 19.5 million manufacturing jobs in the United States.
Today, there are 11.6 million.
That represents a decline of 40 percent during a time period when our overall population experienced tremendous growth.
We used to have the greatest manufacturing cities on the entire globe. The rest of the world was in awe of us.
Today, most of those formerly great manufacturing cities are decaying, rotting hellholes.

Read more: www.benzinga.com...

www.benzinga.com...
Is this what free trade brings? How bout bringing it all home and making it work here? Oh that's right, not enough profit margin to quench the lustful thirst of greed. It really is a mad mad world.

spec

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crapspackle
reply to post by jibeho

What does Obama have to do with this, specifically?

GE's CEO is Obama's Job Czar, which some people think is quite ironic. Job Czar send jobs overseas? lol

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So, are we all talk ATS?

Let's not buy their products.
GE PRODUCT LIST
And, let's be sure to tell them that we aren't buying and why.
GE EMAIL CONTACT FORM
And perhaps someone could find out who their major contract customers are so that we could also let them know how we feel?

We have to start somewhere.

I'm serious. I am so tired of us all seeing the problems and discussing them and doing nothing. This approach is both legal and moral. Flag the heck out this OP. Make this viral. Tell Everyone. I want one of my random Facebook Friends to sugges to me that I do this before Tuesday.

I challenge you!
edit on 28-7-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

reply to post by jibeho

GE's CEO is Obama's Job Czar, which some people think is quite ironic. Job Czar send jobs overseas? lol

That does not actually answer the question though. It just tells me what you think is ironic.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by Crapspackle

I agree the rate needs to be raised but I blame the people that allow the tax code to be how it is and not those that use it to their advantage.

Of course.
I almost forgot it was Obama's fault that GE has the accounting department it has and I completely forgot Obama made them ship jobs overseas totally against their will. Sorry. I forgot to blame Obama for a moment.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

reply to post by jibeho

That does not actually answer the question though. It just tells me what you think is ironic.

Doesn't answer the question? GE's CEO is Jeffery Immelt who still runs the company and was appointed Jobs Czar by obama. The Jobs czar is "supposed" to created jobs here in the US not china, not to mention that he's also investing $2billion dollars to china for training, ect. And yet strangely, the press hasn't asked obama the man who appointed immelt to jobs czars how he feels about this or what he intends to do about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
So judging by the last couple of comments, people here are no more interested than Congress in actually doing something to try to address a problem rather than just complain about it and make partisan observations.

I am not saying the partisan observations are wrong.
But we need to remove ourselves from that part of the system.

If GE is creating jobs that we feel should be created here. We should no longer give them business. We should spread the word. We should let it get out there that Americans will retaliate by ignoring any American Branded Company that chooses to create or move jobs overseas.

I am officially bummed that interest in that didn't spark here.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join