It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tomb of Apostle St Philippus found in Turkey

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sign posted: The tomb of St Philippus, welcome all future Anthropologist, and explorers we have been expecting you

The insanity never stops

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuoatx
Isn't it considered a great sacrilege to disturb or alter anyones grave site.

For archeology? No

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Yeah I realize for archaeology. But, wouldn't the religious higher ups who are basically more powerful than the government in some aspects be pissed off that some random archaeologists un-earthed one of their most sacred figures?
edit on 27-7-2011 by tetsuoatx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Yeah I realize for archaeology. But, wouldn't the religious higher ups who are basically more powerful than the government in some aspects be pissed off that some random archaeologists un-earthed one of their most sacred figures?

Nah, anything proving beneficial to faith is considered a blessing. Shroud unbiasedwriter.com...

They also have about 3 skulls of john the baptist.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Wow thats nuts, great pic man.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Nah, the only issue is comming in contact with the dead. It causes one to be unclean. But no rules against desicration unless by the church itself. But, the dead are just empty husks that serve no purpose. "Let the dead bury the dead" and all that.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Nah, anything proving beneficial to faith is considered a blessing. Shroud unbiasedwriter.com...

What 3, how many times did it take to chop that off.
Sorry but that comment just squirted tea outta my nose.

Cant wait to see where this goes either way.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuoatx

I would suspect not if the find furthers an agenda.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau

Originally posted by Jordan River

What 3, how many times did it take to chop that off.
Sorry but that comment just squirted tea outta my nose.

Cant wait to see where this goes either way.

here ya go

John's skull it is located at Topkapi Palace in Istanbul, the Monastery of Saint Macarius the Great in Scetes, Egypt.[56] at Gandzasar Monastery's Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, in Nagorno Karabakh, the Umayyad Mosque in Damascus. (Extant).,[57] and San Silvestro in Capite in Rome, and the Residenz Museum in Munich, Germany, (official residence of the Wittelsbach rulers of Bavaria from 1385 to 1918). Further heads, no longer available, were once held by the Knights Templar, Amiens Cathedral in France (brought home by Wallon de Sarton from the Fourth Crusade in Constantinople), Antioch in Turkey (fate uncertain), and the parish church at Tenterden in Kent, where it was preserved up until the Reformation. (wiki)

I thought I read something that their were 2-3 relics of the head. Now I cannot find it. As always, it is not like dna can solve the answer.
anywho, I am not entirely incorrect. Many relics were forged during medivial era
edit on 27-7-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
More physical proof that the Bible and its contents are real...I love it

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

RennesChateau

Solved!

Now people understand why those statues were so ,, Snake Like ,, Serpents,,, even,, the devil himself,,,i tell you,,

will be converted too God almighty on that Great day of Judgement.!,,tick,,tock,,tick,,tockk,oh wait,,,

its been 2000 years already?,,, lol

whats another day i guess?

lol

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

troy?

lots of cool stuff in turkey.

if this world can get it's "poop in a pile" we might be able to figure some things out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join