It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian mind control

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jubilee

Back to the subject: it is fairly well known that Aborigines have always been looked upon differently when it comes to spiritual gifts. Try reading some books on the subject and you will find some things that will blow your mind.

If it's so well known post some information.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Mad Scientist

www.library.adelaide.edu.au...

or try renting "Crocodile Dundee" videos, there is a lot of humourous bull# in there but also a lot of truth regarding the Aborigines.

The following website contains info from a Govt Royal Commission on the British Nuclear tests and the effects on nearby Aboriginals.

www.country-liberal-party.com...

The following paragraphs are taken from the above site:-

An example of the inability of the Test authorities to secure areas dangerously contaminated with radioactivity is told in the tragic story of a family of tribal Aborigines, the nomadic Milpuddies. The Milpuddie family consisting of father Charlie, mother Edie and two children Henry and Rosie had left Ernabella in May 1957, to walk South to Ooldea to visit relatives. On the night of May 13, the family camped near the crater made by the second test of the Buffalo series at the Marcoo site on October 4 of the previous year, a 1.5 kt ground explosion whose purpose was to investigate the predicted much larger fallout patterns resulting from a ground burst compared to an air burst (Milliken 1986, pp. 111-112).

On discovery by members of a radiation detection unit camped nearby, the Milpuddies were taken to the unit�s health physics caravan for decontamination showers. But although Charlie and his son were scrubbed clean, with only low levels of radioactivity being detected afterwards, an elderly British officer present forbade health physics unit members from touching either the naked Edie or her daughter, meaning that it was uncertain whether or not either was still contaminated with radioactivity after being showered. The family was then bundled into a Land Rover and driven to the Yalata Mission (Milliken 1986, pp. 112, 115). A further indignity occurred there when the family�s four dogs were shot in front of them, by orders of Howard Beale, the Australian Minister of Supply.

It would seem that that the health problems which plagued the Milpuddies in the years following their exposure to radiation, bears a striking resemblance to the family medical histories of some nuclear veterans. This was speculated on by Geoff Eames, a barrister representing the Milpuddies at the Royal Commission, when he said it was �not necessarily conclusive, but certainly suggestive that her family and indeed her grandchildren since that time seem to have suffered extraordinary ill health and numerous deaths� (Milliken 1986, p. 114). It was unknown at the time of the exposure that Edie was pregnant, later giving birth to a child that was stillborn. Later still a son Allan, born in 1961 and dying two years later from a brain tumour, to be followed by a daughter born prematurely and weighing only two pounds. Edie�s daughter Rosie, also present at Marcoo, lost a child in 1973 whilst Charlie Milpuddie died of pneumonia and heart failure at Yalata in 1974 (Milliken 1986, pp. 113-114).

Much later, service personnel involved in the incident, including an Australian soldier John Sutton, were warned by a Colonel (thought to be range commander Richard Durance) not to talk about the Milpuddie affair. They were told of the enormous financial sacrifice made by both governments in support of the atomic tests and threatened that, under the Official Secrets Act by which they were bound to secrecy over the incident, they could be shot or given long prison sentences should they talk about the matter (Milliken 1986, p. 116).

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Thanks for that, Jubilee!

And before we all get too self-congratulatory, let me reminisce here.

I'm old enough to remember the days of racism in Oz, when disparaging comments were made within earshot of Pommies, wogs, krauts/bolts, then later on Arabs & "slopes" - particularly the catch=cry of "shoot 'em out of the water" [with regard to "slopes"].

And I well remember the racism towards our Aboriginals, & the Govt's paternalistic & inhuman treatment of them. I've visited some disgusting Aboriginal "reserves"- & I well recall the many shantytowns dotted along the Murray River, each one a few miles out of the towns they weren't allowed to live in, & where they were only tolerated in certain shops = where they were served last & were charged more for their purchases. People wouldn't employ them in the towns & thus Australia bred a two-centuries-old culture of koories existing on welfare & handouts.

Also the "stolen generation", which I first encountered when I worked in a mental institution. I couldn't understand why there were so many koorie inmates, all of whom were outstandingly normal & sane. On them were "trialled" the anti-psychotic drugs, also lobotomies & ECT. That's how we learned that Largactil induces EXTREME sun-sensitivity & that it totally straightens curly/kinky hair. Well do I recall the agonising sunburn induced on even our "blackest" koories. Do some reading about the Stolen Generation, the consequences of which still exist today, and I hope you will feel even half as ashamed as I do.

Port Pirie [Sth Aust.] nearly rioted when the far-thinking Premier, Don Dunstan, moved 5 aboriginal families into Housing Commission homes. Aborigines were paid less than half of Australia's basic wage - this was legal & accepted practice, yet our largest & richest cattle & sheep properties, some of them bigger than Texas, wouldn't have survived without them. It's often said that Australia grew rich "on the sheep's back". I beg to differ - we also grew prosperous on the backs & sweat of our indigenous people. And they were paid an insulting pittance as "blacktrackers", when their skills found lost children in the outback.

They weren't included in any national Census. The first 5 rows of cinema seats were reserved for "boongs", where they paid a premium to squint up at the screen. Employers would stipulate "no boongs". Koories were only allowed in public swimming-pools on 2 days per week - even in the hottest areas well away from the beach.

This situation existed until the 1970's, when Prime Minister Gough Whitlam introduced equal rights for Aboriginals - & this was hugely resented for years. Trust me on this - the resentment still exists amongst many Aussies in Sydney. History is both a shameful & wonderful thing, so let us not forget

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Bastet you are correct. There are many things in Australia's past that we should be ashamed of. Unfortunately even today some things are too embarrassing to talk about.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for some information on these so called aboriginal psychic powers.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It's gonna take a real koorie to supply your answers, Mad Scientist, because "meaningful" contact between whites & koories hasn't exactly been much of a feature in Oz until fairly recent times, & we'd much rather forget about Maralinga, thank you very much [ being the common mindset here.]

That koories have certain psychic abilities is pretty well known, but long before Maralinga. "Pointing the bone", or something like that, was well known as an effective curse that brought sickness or death to the victim - maybe partly due to auto-suggestion, though I've heard that similar effects occurred when the intended victim had no knowledge of the curse.

My friend once worked as a nurse at King Ranch, Oz's then largest cattle station, where many aboriginals & their families worked. With her medical training, she was naturally disbelieving when a death was predicted via a dream a koorrie had about a fit & healthy person, but these deaths did happen, not just once, but on every occasion. That's all I can tell you, sorry.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Here's a story i have heard from some of those "nosey" neighbours:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
One of the other neighbours went to prison about a year ago to serve a 6 month sentence... he is a bit of a bad dude... so i don't really know wat he was in for... could have been anything... well he made some enemies... as u do. Most significantly he made enemies with a number of aboriginal inmates from the north of the state, (they were in this prison because there are no prisons up there).

Soon after he was released, i've been told that he began to have very strange nightmares... many of them involving groups of traditional aboriginals dancing around a camp fire. I know wat your thinking... "how lame"... but these dreams were quite frequent and occurred a number of times a night, and stopped him from being able to sleep. The dreams esculated to him seeing these people running through his front and back yards, and the other houses in the block... staying to the shadows... well this guy freaked the hell out and barracked him self in his house.

Now... did this occur because of an over active imagination, or mayby a guilty conscience (yeah right) influenced by drugs and alcohol... or something more sinister...??

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... maybe this thread about info on MKULTRA i found using Freedom of information act would interest some of you.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There's a thing they do called "Pointing the bone" or similer, supposed to kill you if the witchdoctor (for lack of a better term) points it at you.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Bastet,

Thank you for an astounding post. Very informative.
I would add that the 'blacktrackers' did not only track down lost children, but also runaway Koori children who escaped from the missions in which Europeans saught to sever them from their culture.

I'm going to see if I have any Way Aboves left for this month: if I do, you're getting one!

U.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
Agreed. A lot of white Aussies I know put them down, but theres some very very interesting stuff they do, that science can't quite explain.

In my opinion they aren't helping their image either.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   

they were only tolerated in certain shops = where they were served last

I only found out recently that this happened to my grandmother. She's still alive and a very healthy and active 77 years old. She was born in Balranald and grew up there and in Echuca (on the Murray River).

Thanks for that Bastet!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bastet
It's gonna take a real koorie to supply your answers, Mad Scientist, because "meaningful" contact between whites & koories hasn't exactly been much of a feature in Oz until fairly recent times, & we'd much rather forget about Maralinga, thank you very much [ being the common mindset here.]

Hey, I think Maralinga was appallling. I have no doubt aborigines were killed by radiation poisoning.

What do you know about the Kadaicha stones the elders used to curse people ?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'm a good deal younger than your grandmother, answerman, so I wish I were as fit & active - goodonher! And I'd say she would probably remember the shameful shantytowns along the Murray, although my travels in my younger days were centred on Adelaide -Berry - Renmark - Mildura. Have a chat to her some time about the good old days [that never were], before these stories are forgotten. They're part of the history that we need to know & learn from.

mad scientist, the only thing I've ever heard about those stones of which you speak, are that it was the title of a third-rate Oz slasher movie.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   

mad scientist, the only thing I've ever heard about those stones of which you speak, are that it was the title of a third-rate Oz slasher movie.

Yes
, that's where I heard of them. So they don't exist ?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I could be wrong, mad scientist, but I believe these "kadaicha stones" were a figment of some film-maker's imagination.

As for the Aboriginal psychic powers, I've told you all I know. My friend who was employed at King Ranch, worked there 18 months or so, & during her stay there, we kept in touch regularly by phone & letters. She is a triple-certrificated nursing sister, so you can imagine her initial disbelief about these death predictions, one of which was even dreamed about a white employee there. All bar one came true, & the one that didn't, well I'm not real sure of the outcome because the guy did suffer some sort of paralysis - he may have recovered for all I know, but my friend had quit that job by then.

Koories aren't prone to "bragging", if you know what I mean. They're generally a bit reserved towards outsiders [& who can blame them?] Much of their incredible lore, skills & knowledge exist in very few of them now, so effective has been the wilful destruction of their culture & even most of their languages. Steps are being taken now to introduce the younger fry to the "old & bolds", most of whom still live "back of beyond" - & learn from them, but naturally this won't happen overnight.

How could the local tribes have known that the Rum Jungle & other similar sites were unlucky/forbidden/taboo - long before uranium was discovered there?

Their hunting & foraging skills are/were awesome. In Arnhem Land [think arid desert], they know where to stick dried-out reeds into the sand & obtain water, & also in the desert area near Perth, where this expertise was actually witnessed by 2 young friends of mine whose car broke down on the Nullarbor Plain. Their knowledge of how to prepare toxic foods & safely eat them is still not FULLY known to us. And they used certain plants & insects to induce what might be called shamanic states, & that's all I have to say on that one.

To cut a short story long [!], you are going to have to seek out any knowledge of Aboriginal psychic powers for yourself, my friend. They had no written language that I know of either, so actually getting to know those who do know the answer, is perhaps the only way - for I doubt that there will be any stepping forward on ATS.

I feel very priviliged to have learned the little I do know.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I could be wrong, mad scientist, but I believe these "kadaicha stones" were a figment of some film-maker's imagination.

The term Kadiacha , if it is the same thing I am thinking of is actually something different. Aboriginal folk-lore (correct term?) told of a spirit(s) of some sort that would attack certain people in the night. Out in the NT we were working on a property that had an area called "kadiacha paddock" that I swear was one of the spookiest places i've ever been to. You see these little figures out of the corner of your eye all the time, its freaky.

A mate of mine nearly came off his motorbike out there while swerving to miss a figure in the middle of the road looking at him. But there were no footprints to be found. This area was reffered to by the local elders as highly sacred and I truely believe something powerful was there.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Maori Tapu is a bit like that, too.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Agreed. A lot of white Aussies I know put them down, but theres some very very interesting stuff they do, that science can't quite explain.

Yeah right, what's this strange stuff they do ? I have lived here for 20 years and I haven't heard of anything which is unexplainable.

I think it is how when they commit crimes it seems they are exempt from punishment alot of the time. Now thats a power. (i'm joking guys, dont lynch me)

I dont buy this story, or the whole aboriginal ancient wisdom thing. If they were so wise they wouldnt have been living in a stone age culture of ignorence, fear, and superstition.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by SiRiNO]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiRiNO

Originally posted by mad scientist

Yeah right, what's this strange stuff they do ? I have lived here for 20 years and I haven't heard of anything which is unexplainable.

I think it is how when they commit crimes it seems they are exempt from punishment alot of the time. Now thats a power. (i'm joking guys, dont lynch me)

I dont buy this story, or the whole aboriginal ancient wisdom thing. If they were so wise they wouldnt have been living in a stone age culture of ignorence, fear, and superstition.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by SiRiNO]

Wisdom comes in many forms, and one form of wisdom will not protect you from another form of foolishness.
Of course Koori culture has its own brand of wisdom, but I can't make you appreciate it, just as I could not get a color blind person to appreciate turquoise...

There is as much ignorance in our modern, western societies as there was in the stone-age. Its just a different kind of ignorance. Our blind spots shift, but one cannot actually say that they shrink all that much...

A Koori in touch with his culture could walk from one end of Australia to another finding food and water along the way, knowing the best route from traditional songs he has learned. You wouldn't survive the first thirty kilometers of desert...

M.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join