It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally made my own cooking blog!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well I had this all typed out last night and in true fashion my computer froze and resat itself so I am having to retype it over again.

For as long as I can remember I have been cooking. I love making new foods esp meals I have had at restaurants. Many will not give you the recipe so I really enjoy figuring it out on my own. I have had weekends where out of sheer boredom I cook all day. Weekends like this i usually make bread, banana nut bread, pasta or something that can be used through out the week as different meals. I recently made muffins for the week

Bread is the first thing I learned how to make on my own. I am proud of my bread skills and I have never used a bread machine and I don't plan to. I find the kneading of the bread a great stress reliever! Cooking is very calming for me, it's the same with cleaning. When I cook I'm happier and I am not thinking about the stresses of the day.

I have had friends who don't understand why I prefer to make everything from scratch even down to my own pasta, sauces and pastry dough for pot pie. To me it doesn't take that long to make and it's much cheaper to make your own than to buy it. You can make pasta or pizza dough and freeze it til you are ready to use it. Bread you can freeze and use later. I tightly wrap all items I freeze long term and they taste just fine. I keep pasta and pizza dough up to 6mths, bread I keep 2mths. I learned this from my mom who starts cooking in October for the holidays because she gives out food baskets and makes dinners for various organizations. People expect her baskets lol I have started to do the same thing and people love it. I really enjoy cooking for others! It makes me feel good to satisfy a hungry tummy.

So I decided to start a cooking blog mblahskitchen.

I am posting it here because I get asked many times for my recipes on here and in person and it gets confusing to remember who wanted what. Now i can just refer to my blog and you can just search the name in the search box in the left corner and find it. It will be a place where you can find all my recipes posted and easy to find. I will still be posting my recipes in the cooking section on ATS too because I know some members can't go to certain sites or choose not to.

It's a blog all about cooking and food. I will post about food, cooking essentials such as what is a good cheese grater or how to knead bread and stuff like that. When I do blogs on how to make bread or how to knead I will post video showing how to do it. I just have to figure out how to rig my camera over the kitchen
I will have menus for dinners and themed dinners such as Valentines Day, Christmas or a Thai themed menu.

I have always wanted to do this because I really enjoy cooking and love sharing my ideas and recipes with others. I also love getting new recipes and suggesting those as well. I will be suggesting recipes I try from the cooking forum here on my blog. Credit will be given to the member who posted the recipe of course. I love to try new things and I have a list of new recipes to try in the next couple weeks from the cooking forum here!

So if you are one of those who always asks me for recipes then just click on my blog and you will find all the ones I have. I am still adding to it since I just started it. I have to go through and find them all! I even have to look at my profile to see which recipes I have posted and haven't so I don't post them twice! I am still trying to figure out how to make my own side box so I can add a categorized list of my recipes.

I did keep my Mblah name for my blog because it just fits! It's a nice thing too because my friends who are not on ATS do not get my name so it's been funny explaining it to them.

Hope you enjoy and if you have a cooking blog too link me! I love others cooking blogs too!

edit on 24-7-2011 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Awesome!

Love your bread recipe from your ATS post, and even used it as a crust for calzones. Goooood!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Nice job! I'll try out some of your recipes this week!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
checked out your blog, you got some nice stuff on there.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Nice blog, I need to try and make the white pizza. Never attempted to make pizza before.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Very cool!!

Thanks and I'm glad you liked it.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos
Nice blog, I need to try and make the white pizza. Never attempted to make pizza before.

Thank you

Pizza is actually easier than people think. It doesn't take much to make the crust and you can flavor it however you like. It's cheaper than buying a pre-made pizza crust, plus it's fun rolling it out on your own of if you can spin it around on your finger go for it. I have not mastered that, it ends up on the floor. I have practiced, got it a few times but that is really a skill...I will just roll it out on my pizza stone lol

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos

Thank you

Pizza is actually easier than people think. It doesn't take much to make the crust and you can flavor it however you like. It's cheaper than buying a pre-made pizza crust, plus it's fun rolling it out on your own of if you can spin it around on your finger go for it. I have not mastered that, it ends up on the floor. I have practiced, got it a few times but that is really a skill...I will just roll it out on my pizza stone lol

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MachiventaMelchizedek
checked out your blog, you got some nice stuff on there.

Thank you and there is more where that came from so to speak.

It will take a while to get them all loaded and then I will add my new ones and others I have tried that I recommend

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Gonna make those chicken pockets this week.

I have just the tiniest of constructive criticism.

The the greenish font is very hard to read against the yellow background, Maybe just choose a darker shade!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Thanks

Yeah I was thinking that myself. I need to pick the one above it and bold it. I had all the other ones in the red but I made this one in green with the ingredients. I was testing out how it looked, thanks for the advice! I will change it

I'm still messing with the look of it. I want to do a couple other things but I don't know how to write any kind of computer code or whatever it's called. lol I will look around online to see if I can figure it out and if not I'll ask someone here if they know how

OH also I noticed in my OP my link doesn't work. I didn't notice it until today when I got home from work. Is there anyway you or another mod could fix it? I am beyond my edit time

Thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

FIxed it for you.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I am a big fan of your recipes!....Love the pizza one.....I made 4 the other night...and they were a big hit! I hurried up and bookmarked your blog...thanks for sharing and inspiring many of us to cook!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

FIxed it for you.

Ohhh thank you!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I am a big fan of your recipes!....Love the pizza one.....I made 4 the other night...and they were a big hit! I hurried up and bookmarked your blog...thanks for sharing and inspiring many of us to cook!

Awe thanks!!

That is great! Pizza is easy and it's a fun thing to do if you have kids or for a get together.

My ex and I years ago use to have people over and we'd make pizza's together then watch football or some other event on tv. It was a lot of fun. It was actually how i spent the ringing in of 2000. It was a great night too, best New Years I have ever had too.

I don't have kids but I know my mom use to do this with us and we loved it so I am sure kids of today would also enjoy it. My friends daughter loves helping us cook and kids love pizza so why not combine them

I love helping others cook. A friend of mine today asked if I could teach her how to make pasta. I told her to come over one afternoon and I would teach her. I have no problem doing that, I have actually turned quite a few friends into little chefs.

edit on 7/24/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Your blog interests me more then this site at this time. . . good work!
I am going to bookmark it.

Have fun here on ATS, I quit for now. . .

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Great blogg!

Its nearly 1.15am here and makes me want to get my pots out!

Sure you have no UK crankypants relatives??

Because like you cooking is how I relax.

My crankypants get thrown in the washbasket when im cooking up a storm!

I also do a lot of cooking at the weekend, and freinds at work make food orders for me too.

They love my cakes especially, and i enjoy making them.

I made your stuffed mushrooms for dinner yesterday and they were loverly and have made it to my weekly menu, so thanks for that!

Good luck with the bloggs and vids.

I look forward ti trying your recipies

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

Your blog interests me more then this site at this time. . . good work!
I am going to bookmark it.

Have fun here on ATS, I quit for now. . .

Awe thanks
but don't quit!

Don't let people run you off on here!

Thanks about my blog. I am looking at having a site made for me so I can have it more organized. My OCD is kicking in and it has to look the way I want it to lol. It will get better the more I figure out how to do with the site and what options I have in having one made. It's fun though. I have been sitting here writing out all my recipes off the top of my head.

Well I hope you come back soon!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrankyPantsUK
Great blogg!

Its nearly 1.15am here and makes me want to get my pots out!

LOL that is why I don't watch any food shows at night! I'll get up and start cooking.

Sure you have no UK crankypants relatives??

Because like you cooking is how I relax.

Never know

Yup it is very relaxing for me. Another thing is I can't have anyone in the kitchen and I don't like being talked to while I'm cooking. LOL I love my roommate but he drove me nuts the other day while I was trying to cook. He kept talking and I felt bad cause I wasnt paying attention but I couldn't concentrate with him talking. LOL

I also do a lot of cooking the weekend, and freinds at work make food orders for me too.

I love cooking on the weekends too! I make bread usually every weekend. I always make enough for an army so I will bring it in to work and give it to friends and customers. Now I am getting requests lol This always happens when I start bringing food in but i don't mind I love it!

I actually lived in an apartment where my neighbors were basically all bachelors and I use to make dinner for them. They would tell me what they wanted buy the ingredients and I made it for them and the building. My friends who lived there as well also came over.. It was actually very much like Seinfeld lol We were all friends and i use to tease my guy friends on their food habits and told them they needed someone to cook for them. They paid for the food and I cooked it
I loved it and I also taught some of them how to make their own dishes. I always feel good when someone learns how to cook and they enjoy it.

They love my cakes especially, and i enjoy making them.

Cakes are definitely fun but they are time consuming lol My friend has a cake site of the cakes she has made. There are quite a few on there I helped her with.

Kellys Cake Shop

I made your stuffed mushrooms for dinner yesterday and they were loverly and have made it to my weekly menu, so thanks for that!

Good luck with the bloggs and vids.

I look forward ti trying your recipies

Awesome!! I am glad you liked them
Yea I am definitely making Baddmove's mushrooms again too! I added the mixture to my pasta tonight and it was good in that. LOL I could eat that filling with a spoon

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement
I just really enjoy sharing something I have always loved with others.

edit on 7/27/2011 by mblahnikluver because: quotes

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
LOVE IT!!! This is great, your blog is bookmarked and I would like to share it with friends if you give the o.k.

Love the pics too, that always makes people hungry. I give recipes too, but I dont give measurements so its harder for me to do, but you have it all worked out!!

Great Job! S&F

Peace, NRE.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join