It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Potato Salad Recipe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Ok I don't measure anything. I cook by sight and taste. But I'm working on this recipe and I think it's good enough to share with you guys. Let me know what you think!

2 large Russet poatoes and1 mediun Russet potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2" to 1" pieces
2 pieces of bacon fried crisp
2 roasted Anaheim Chilies (roasted over the stove flame)
3 green onions chopped fairly fine
1 hard boiled egg
1/2 a can of black beans drained
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
canned chopped olives
mayonaise
mustard
sweet pickle relish
cracked black pepper
celery salt

Peel and chop the potaotes and put on to boil. Boil the egg. Fry the bacon crisp and shred and set aside. Roast the chilies. Cut the chilies length wise in half and scrape out the seeds and membranes. Chop into little bitty pieces (unless you like chunky bits in your salad). and set aside. Chop the onions. Drain the beans.

Once the potatoes are boiled soft, drain and put into a fairly good sized bowl. Crumble the egg yolk over the potatoes.
Chop the whites fairly fine and toss into the bowl. Toss the bacon bits and chopped chilies into the bowl. Toss the chopped onions into the bowl. Add the beans. Start mixing. It should still be pretty hot and the potatoes will start to mash but it's ok. Add shredded cheddar by shredding over the salad, mix in , shred some more, mix and shred until you have enough cheese. Just don't make it too cheesy cuz you still want to taste the other stuff.

In a separate small bowl mix about a half cup mayo (I use the Best Foods or Hellman's olive oil blend) and about a fourth of that of mustard and about the same of the pickle relish and mix together. It should look sort of sunny yellow. Taste it before adding. It should be smoothe but a little tartness with the sweet tang of the pickle relish. Pour into the the bowl and mix in. Open the can of chopped olives and sprinkle olives and mix until when you mix you see olives evenly mixed throughout the salad. Sprinkle the pepper and celery salt evenly over the top of the salad, mix and taste. Repeat until it's spiced for your taste.

Comments: if your bold enough you can substitute jalenos for the anahiems. Like I said I'm still working on it but I think it's pretty close. If any of you try it, let me know what you think!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
sounds great ill have to try it out tomorow.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive

I made this for just me and my husband and we had enough for full on leftovers. So you can adjust the amounts as needed. Thanks for trying it out! Hope you like it!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
i love anything with potatoes, so for sure ill try, chilies might be different, not sure how hot are the chillies you use.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive

Anaheims are mild. I don't know chilies that well but I think the next step up would be the jalapenos....just make sure you cut them in half and seed them. It's the seeds that add the heat.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
That sounds really nice

I might have to give that go

Thanks for posting

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

yay!! let me know what you think of it!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Nothing says comfort food like Tater salad....

That recipe sounds great I'm going to have to try it!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Let me know what you think!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Oh, and as for that other half can of black beans? Well here's what I did with it.

I baked a whole chicken. Made some stuffing ( Stovetop for Chicken ). Do not use water. I added a can of (low sodium, but use what you like) chicken broth. It's more liquid than the directions call for but don't worry, the bread crumbs will soak it up just fine. I added about 1/8 to 1/4 cup diced red onion, the other half of the drained black beans, and another roasted and chopped anaheim chile. Mixed well and stuffed into the chicken. Now you put that stuffed chicken into the baking pan and add about a third of a bottle of ale (I used Blue Moon's Honeymoon Ale). Coat the chicken with some olive oil. Put her in the oven at 400 to 425 depending on your oven. Now for the baste: the rest of that bottle of ale, a splash of olive oil, some more diced red onion, and your fav spice blend. Set your timer to baste every 20 minutes. When you baste use your baste but also use some out of the pan. Bake about an hour and a half or so until done. The juices should run clear and the skin should have a crispyness to it without being dry.

Add some jellied cranberry sauce to the table when serving. Yum!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

top topics

join