It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positive energy and prayers for my daughter please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

very helpful info again thank you.

Another rough nite. fever spiked again. seems to do that at night. She sleeps intermittenly and wakes up crying and then usually justs goes right back to sleep. We had a real good couple of hours this afternoon. She was awake and ate half of a half of a ham sandwich and even laughed at a couple of my lame jokes. She makes me smile when she laughs. Be glad to have my healthy daughter back.

peace

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Keep the prayers coming please. She has developed pnuemonia now on top of everything else.

peace

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dalemcfad

Has she been kept immobile?

second line

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

First 4 days yes. Yesterday we were able to sit her up in a chair for awhile and got her in the tub. Today the plan is to try and get her to walk around a little bit. I believe they said the pnuemonia caused by all the fluids she was initially given in the e.r. Doctor kept calling it infusion or enfusion. Encephalis is another term I've heard last couple days.

peace

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Has the doctor identified the virus? Symptoms for meningits and enchaphalitis are similar. Are they trying to determine if she has meningitis or enchaphalitis, or a combination of both?

It's hard for me to comment on the pneumonia, not being able to have access to her chart. Again, I'm not as experienced as those that are licensed. So not knowing what fluids they administered in the ER, is hard for me to comment, but, immobility can cause the secretions in her lungs to accumulate, causing her to develop pneumonia. That is why anyone who is hospitalized is asked to get up and walk around, even after a surgery, so pneumonia won't develop. Pneumonia is treatable, but I'm sure she is completely miserable with this development. How is her fever?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

They are saying its a combination of both. In fact thats what it says as a diagnosis on her board in the room. x-rays this morning showed that the fluid has cleared a little bit but still quite a bit there. They are also treating her with Ambulin, which they described as a blood product that helps with absorbtion and flow. Does that make sense? Her fever is much better. She had a low-grade fever sunday afternoon and has not had one since. Also believe they said her platellate count was up to 116,000. Was 87,000 yesterday and white count I think was 6,000 may have misheard that one.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Geeza my thoughts and heart go out to you i know how it feels when one of the little'ns is poorly.I.ve been there you feel useless but dont stress it seems you are in good hands any way every time i look at my lot i'll think good thoughts in the direction of you and yours.Geeza remember keep your chin up,i know it's not easy but you are no good to her if your in bits.Stay strong stay possative and try to stay calm.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I am not familiar with Ambulin, so I can't comment on what it does. Would there be any chance they gave her Albumin? If so that would make sense to me, Albumin in a blood protein that would help draw excess fluids out of the extracellular areas and direct the fluids into the intracellular area, what this means is it will decrease swelling and inflammation where it has been accumulating.

These are all really good signs with her platelets coming up and her lung secretions thinning out. I'm really happy to hear she is not having fever as well. I think this is all wonderful news and she is making her way to a recovery.

How is her confusion? has that improved as well? any headaches still?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

yes its albumin. sorry got my m and my l mixed up. they are giving her another 4 hr treatment of it right now. Something about lasik as well. Is that just the name of the treatment or something else. Supposed to help her pee out the excess fluids. She has had no fever today at all! Her blood pressure is high though. Last check it was 144/110. Shes done nothing but sleep all day, but we think a big part of that is because her headaches aren't as severe or as frequent so shes not in as much pain and is able to rest comfortably.
edit on 26-7-2011 by dalemcfad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Everything you are writing is very encouraging. Lasix is a diuretic that helps the kidneys eliminate excess fluids from the body. In combinination with the other treatments she is receiving, this will help to further improve her condition. I feel you are right about your daughter getting sleep, she is finally getting relief and sleep is one of the best ways for the body to repair itself. So glad she is sleeping this off! Has her blood pressure been high since all this started or has it gone up with the albumin treatment? I really wouldn't worry too much about her BP, it's most likely due to her fluid volume being up and should come down when the excess fluids are finally flushed out.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Her blood pressure started going up yesterday(monday) the first albumin treatment I believe was saturday. She's had 2 more since then. They did a echo on her heart today. No word on that yet and tomorrow they are going to do an ultra sound on her kidneys. They said 3 things could be raising her bp. Her heart, kidneys, or brain from the swelling. She did sit up in a chair today for about 5 hrs, so that was a step in the right direction.

peace

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Well please post when they let you know what they believe is behind it. It seemed to me that the fluid overload that she was experiencing would be pushing the blood pressure up, and once that was under control her BP would come down.... but it sounds like one of the body's regulating systems (which wouldt include the brain, heart and kidneys) is not handling the overload as well as they would like. The body is so complex, but they will figure it out and get her the treatment she needs. Please keep me posted. I will continue to send her healing and light.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Doctors believe that the albumin treatments and stress caused her high blood pressure. You were right. She is off the i.v. and all her counts and numbers and whatever else are back to normal. Should be going home tomorrow!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Tomorrow that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

That is AWESOME news!!! So glad she is better and can go home, you have made my day! I know you are so relieved, get some rest for yourself!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Thank you justsaying for everything! You definitely made it easier for me to understand some of what was going on. I can't thank you enough. I don't know how far along you are in your schooling, but I have no doubt you will make an awesome nurse and I wish you the very best in everything you do and hope to stay in touch.

Thanks to all the ATS members who kept my daughter in their prayers and sent her positive thoughts!

peace
edit on 27-7-2011 by dalemcfad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Yes it is Night Star! I sincerely hope things are going well with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you on a daily basis. Thank you again.

peace

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Final update...My daughter is home safe and sound.

Thanks again
peace

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

AWESOME!!

I added you to my friends list, please feel free to message me anytime if you need info about any medical related issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join