It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Mathematician. Care to discuss Elenin logically?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have been a long time lurker on ATS and enjoy reading the banter quite a bite. Unlike a recent post entitled 'I am a scientist' I do NOT watch ATS for amusement. As well shown by T.S. Kuhn's 'The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, the majority of truly breakthrough new scientific paradigm changes come from the edges of the intellectual world, and ATS is just such a place.

The ongoing debate over Elenin is just such an example. After reading one too many will cause a catastrophy/will not cause a catastrophy debates, I decided to actually read in detail Mensur Omerbashich's work 'Astronomical Alignments as the cause of M6+ seismicity'

The full paper is available here: Astronomicall Alisgnments as the cause of M6+ seismicity

To summarize:

1. Omerbashich's paper DOES prove beyond any reasonable doubt that ALL Magnitude 6+ quakes are linked to long astronomical alignments. It is important to realize that by 'long', Omerbashich is referring to alignments that last for longer than 3 days due to the combination of speed and size of the bodies involved.

2. The paper IS NOT about Elenin. He wrote this paper to provide further proof for his own unique conception of physics, and Elenin is a minor player in the overall argument. His new physics seems to be very compatible with my own work in advanced topology of infinitely lorge one sided objects, so I owe a big thanks to ATS for bringing this to my attention. That is why I read this site.

\3. His ENTIRE point is that it is NOT the mass of the bodies in alignment that are realated to the occurance of Eathquakes. Let me repeat that. It is NOT THE MASS that is important. This is really important as much of the hysteria surrounding Elenin comes from the common sense yet incorrect assumption that for any body like Elenin to be a cause of the earthquakes in New Zealand, Chile, and Japan, it must have a huge mass, and therefore must be a brown dwarf. This has led to the rather dramatic ideas promoted by someone known as Terral03 and is completely unjustified. Although Terral03 quotes Omerbashich regularly, he must not have read the work of has another agenda. If you are believing these ideas, please read Omerbashich's work. Terral03's ideas are 100% based on this work and he has read it completely wrong if he read it at all.

4 AT THE SAME TIME, those who dismiss the potential effects of Elenin from the common sense yet incorrect view that if Elenin was a brown dwarf, it would have huge effects on all planets in the solar system are missing something really significant in his work. It is inarguable that M6+ seismicity is linked with these long alignments, and since the mass of Elenin is obviously not enough to cause such an effect, Omerbashich is pointing to an as yet misunderstood mechanism.

As a final word, the last place I would want to be in a eriod of incfreased seismicity is inside a cave. Be well ATS

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Mr./Mrs. Mathematician, you need at least 20 posts before you can start a normal/debate/discussion thread.

20-6=14 more posts to go for you!

Welcome to ATS, look forward to your math discussions.

edit on 20-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: political correctness

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
i dont know much about elenin, although i dont think it is a cause for concern. We have comets passing all the time, some of which are close. They dont seem to hurt us. Nor do I understand how peeps can think it is a brown star. If there was a brown star in our solar system it would reap havock on our beautifully balanced universe.

thank you for the post, a bit above and where are all the elenin lovers...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Everyone's a scientist/mathematician/doctor on the internetz. I'm just going to get that out of the way.
I agree with you, though. There's actually like 3 or 4 asteroids/comets near Earth this year besides Elenin. Most people won't talk logically about this. To many, logic means to deny anything that you don't understand. I don't understand how a God could exist, so that means God can't exist. I don't understand how a comet can impact the Earth, so I'll just deny they have any possible effect.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna

hi Melyanna,
+ thanks for that...

nice to see some level-headed approach to all this...

no expert myself, but doubting any thing is going to badly effect us without forewarning...

also had a long term "soft-spot" for theory of Astro bodies affecting biological entities...(from a distance)...
IMHO

i will be keeping an eye out for other respondees and feedback...

seya

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

hello poindexter

look out for spitballs

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Apparently, Dr. Omerbashich doesn't like people discussing his work. I just read through a current forum at godlikeproductions that claims Dr. O is threatening legal action because people are discussing his Phd thesis on Comet ELEnin. What's with that?

Link: www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i read a couple amateur papers on the correlation of alignments with earthquakes, i think that topic is more amazing than elenin, we've been trying to figure out how to predict earthquakes and turns out are planet and the universe are almost like one thing (or body for lack of clever metaphore lol) people are only in modern times accepting that we (being people) and the earth are connected in ways that borders science fiction (think magnetosphere) so then logically we are affected by the universe too (where does it stop and wow what it must imply) talk about grand design

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
can you atleast tell us what is more important than mass? It is magnetic force?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

PROSCRIPTION
No member of "Freemasonry" or another deceptions organization that plagued sciences (Illuminati, Trilaterals, Bilderbergs, Committees on this and that, etc.) may use in any way, as in by citing or/and referencing or/and profiteering from, any of the publications, discoveries, expressions, laws/relationships, inventions or any other intellectual property that came into existence by intellectual activity of Dr. Mensur Omerbashich.

Omerbashich Site Link for above quote.

After finding out that this fellow posted his article to Cornell and does not seem to be connected to Cornell except to say he posted his paper there, I find this site he authored and discover he is a Conspiracy Theorist of the evil "Freemasons" bent. Odd since it would detract from his credibility needlessly.

Then I see in an interview the following -

A forced mechanical oscillator is akin to soldiers step-marching across a bridge. The bridge eventually collapses when the critical resonance magnification is reached matching the grave period of oscillation of the bridge. Georesonator is one such concept in which the whole Earth is thought of as a closed mechanical oscillator forced externally by celestial bodies.
Source

If not mistaken that is a near quote from Tesla (plagiarism?). In context it is anyway I think.

What I can find is on very questionable sites and nothing from Peers who could add even a shred of credibility. Nor do I find any titles indicating who he is?

He also appears to be a Truther and activist, but again what are his qualifications? Help us out here. Where did he receive his degree(s)? Where does he work? His name brings up nothing in a search at Cornell; nothing at all?

Are you him?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Hi and welcome.

Thanks you also for the link to the full pdf. I've only seen the short description so far and you have provided me with some more reading material.

And yes, you may get a little rap on the knuckles for posting a topic before reaching the required 20 posts... it may be worth it in this case.

And lastly, expect to be flamed from time to time.. that's normal here.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You do know the history of the folks at Camelot and their former misadventures? Are you connected to that?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
[edited for further study ]
edit on 20-7-2011 by Pr0sp3r0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Omerbashich's paper DOES prove beyond any reasonable doubt that ALL Magnitude 6+ quakes are linked to long astronomical alignments. It is important to realize that by 'long', Omerbashich is referring to alignments that last for longer than 3 days due to the combination of speed and size of the bodies involved.

If your a mathematician, then I'm the Queen of England.

On a side note, can Introduction threads be moved to hoax?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Hello Melyanna the Mathematician. Welcome to ATS.

I am Bond. James Bond.

I most probably won't discuss Elenin as I think that it's just a comet, like many others before and many others to come but you will find many members here that will enjoy debating it with you.

Have fun and enjoy.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join