It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This heat wave my cause black out 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This heat wave is conveiniently close to the Debt thing on August 2nd if the power goes off for a few days, then we will miss the news and happenings of what is going on.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The interesting thing is in the pacific northwest is experiencing without summer, possibly known as "a year without summer" which could be happening this year. Not looking good.

edit on 21-7-2011 by whiteblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

It would be very interesting to see what would happen if this was on a much larger scale, say country or even world wide?
that would be some hot cookies

You didn't know that this is worldwide? www.guardian.co.uk...
Which is why Americans have such a hard time 'seeing' world events as they happen. We are too focused in our own back yard.

I remember when Russia had just gone through a 'heat event' that killed thousands of Russians last year and burned over half their crops for the season. We had about a food of snow in one northern city and some Republican politician was photo'd with the family building a snow man.
Brilliant wank said "See, there's no climate change!"

Total idiocy. The real scary thing is this was supposed to be a federal politician who should be keeping track of world events- obviously he had no clue what was going on- at all.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
A lot of people tend to underestimate their dependence on electricity during this heat wave.
Electricity is seriously taken for granted by many.
Lack of indoor A/C during a heat wave like this is a making for complete mayhem.

My power went the other night for several hours. Within 3 hours it was close to 80 degrees inside my house and this was at night. During the day it could have easily reached 90+ degrees.

This temporary black out made me realize how dependent I am on electricity. If this black out had lasted even for just a couple days I can see complete panic ensuing as a result of the lack of A/C, lighting, and refrigeration. A gas generator is the only real solution (other than solar) and most people do not have one.

I don't even want to imagine what will happen If electric power is lost for any extended periods of time in any large metro area or suburb - especially during this extreme time of unprecedented record breaking temperatures.

I sure hope the power grid makes it through this summer...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join