It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to attack Iran, says ex-CIA official

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Nah. I just default to google or yahoo when I'm looking for anything. I did that to try and give myself some comfort that maybe, possibly it's not real. Seeing it all over the Net dashed my hopes considerably, though.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Just in time for the 10th anniversary of 9/11. So right after everyone is reminded of the tragedy with the unveiling of the new memorial at Ground Zero and all of the memorial services, our government will show that it's still fighting to get rid of all the "evil terrorists." Good timing to make the sheeple happy that we're "protecting our nation" from these "evil-doers."

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
keeping September as a month of terror might become something more common who knows.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ergastulum

It would be perpetuating fear into the populace...how else can they control the masses without instilling fear...

Perhaps a refresher... fear is a tool for manipulation and that is that.

WWIII is delayed but is slowly emerging, not one country has made a 'stupid' move yet for the general public to support the need to start a war. It's (the war) currently on 'terrorism' the last 10 yrs, with the main players dead, OBL and Saddam, CIA is at it again with newer players with their fight against terrorism.

As much as I despise, I sense another planned attack by CIA, the actual terrorists. So they can get the support they need from the public to launch a full scale war on Terrorism, it so happens that Iran is home to known terrorist groups.

I hope it does not turn out the way I see it.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Highly unlikely that Israel would attack Iran.

Israel is smart enough to know that attacking Iran would be suicidal.
This talk of Israel attacking Iran has been going on for quite sometime now, but nothings happened. IMO it is because Israel will only manipulate its Western "allies" into doing the dirty job of attacking Iran, but Israel itself will not fire a single bullet towards Iran. The reason we have not seen an Iran vs West conflict yet is because Israel knows that the west is a little busy at the moment and cannot be manipulated into another war(I hope!!)

Also, a former Israeli general, Giora Eiland has this to say about Israel attacking Iran

"To our regret, there is no Israeli military capability that would enable us to reach a situation whereby Iran's nuclear capabilities are destroyed without the possibility of recovery," he said. "The maximal achievement that Israel can accomplish is to disrupt and suspend Iran's nuclear program."

if you undertake a failed military operation, you pay three-fold: firstly, you didn't succeed in hitting what you wanted, secondly, you've hurt your deterrence capabilities, and thirdly, you're perceived as the aggressor," he said.

this article from 2008, but it still applies in this situation
www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
And sadly, we all know that the Israel state attacking Iran is the same as saying the United States is directly involved in all actions taking place.. or in this case, to be taking place.

Scary that Rothschild scheme is not being slowed down one bit and many innocent Palestinians have paid the price, coming before the rest of the middle east.. these are losses of life that will happen!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Ex_CT2

"will likely"
Isn't a guarantee. Am I the only one here who understands this?

He stated his opinion on the matter. If he is really "Ex-CIA" then that really means he is out of the decision making process. In other words, hes no longer "In the Know" and is presently "Out of the loop" Besides, how many previous times has he made similar claims?

I'll take my usual wait and see approach.
Most likely as usual, nothing will come of this...

He merely gave his opinion on the matter, so yes, he's out of the loop, but I'm sure you know Mr Dagan as well. A fair bit has been written on him here on ATS if I'm not mistaken. Hereunder is an article (the original source?), which puts things much better in perspective than the article in the OP.

A longtime CIA officer who spent 21 years in the Middle East is predicting that Israel will bomb Iran in the fall, dragging the United States into another major war and endangering US military and civilian personnel (and other interests) throughout the Middle East and beyond.

Earlier this week, Robert Baer appeared on the provocative KPFK Los Angeles show Background Briefing, hosted by Ian Masters. It was there that he predicted that Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu is likely to ignite a war with Iran in the very near future.

Robert Baer has had a storied career, including a stint in Iraq in the 1990s where he organised opposition to Saddam Hussein. (He was recalled after being accused of trying to organise Saddam's assassination.) Upon his retirement, he received a top decoration for meritorious service.

Baer is no ordinary CIA operative. George Clooney won an Oscar for playing a character based on Baer in the film Syriana (Baer also wrote the book).

He obviously won't name many of his sources in Israel, the United States, and elsewhere, but the few he has named are all Israeli security figures who have publically warned that Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak are hell-bent on war.

Most former Mossad chiefs wary of Netanyahu

Baer was especially impressed by the unprecedented warning about Netanyahu's plans by former Mossad chief Meir Dagan. Dagan left the Israeli intelligence agency in September 2010. Two months ago, he predicted that Israel would attack and said that doing so would be "the stupidest thing" he could imagine. According to Haaretz:

When asked about what would happen in the aftermath of an Israeli attack Dagan said that: "It will be followed by a war with Iran. It is the kind of thing where we know how it starts, but not how it will end."

The Iranians have the capability to fire rockets at Israel for a period of months, and Hizbollah could fire tens of thousands of grad rockets and hundreds of long-range missiles, he said.

According to Ben Caspit of the Israeli daily Maariv, Dagan's blasts at Israel's political leadership are significant not only because Mossad chiefs, in office or retired, traditionally have kept their lips sealed, but also because Dagan is very conservative on security matters.

Caspit writes that Dagan is "one of the most rightwing militant people ever born here. ... When this man says that the leadership has no vision and is irresponsible, we should stop sleeping soundly at night".

Dagan describes the current Israeli government as "dangerous and irresponsible" and views speaking out against Netanyahu as his patriotic duty.

fully story

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

bikyamasr.com

LONDON: A former American CIA official told a Los Angeles radio station that Israel will likely attack Iran in September and hopes to draw the United States into the potential conflict.
Netanyahu is "also hoping to draw the United States into the conflict--and in fact, there’s a warning order inside the Pentagon to prepare for conflict with Iran," Baer said
(visit the link for the full news article)

Nah it will never happen. Israel will just piss off the world even more. It just a guess i believe. Never happen in today's media.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Ex_CT2

"will likely"
Isn't a guarantee. Am I the only one here who understands this?

He stated his opinion on the matter. If he is really "Ex-CIA" then that really means he is out of the decision making process. In other words, hes no longer "In the Know" and is presently "Out of the loop" Besides, how many previous times has he made similar claims?

I'll take my usual wait and see approach.
Most likely as usual, nothing will come of this...

edit on 17-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Was just going to point out the difference in meaning between "will likely" (as in maybe) and "to" (as in will definitely). They obviously are NOT the same meaning.

Was also thinking it had been awhile since we'd seen one of these threads ...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
already been done.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i post stuff like this in the breaking news forum and it gets moved to the ww3 forum. then no one reads it.
anyways robert baer is legit. i hope israel dosnt do anything stupid.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

It's not Baer, a former Mossad director who predicts war in the fall of this year. For me, it's never been a question if they will attack Iran, but when. I think that the reluctance of the US to jump on the (war)bandwagon has been reason for Israel to postpone the assault, but there's no doubt on my mind that the US will be dragged into the conflict.

You didn't seriously think that Israel would allow Hezbollah and Iran to continue growing stronger? They will deal with them.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
reply to post by TheRepublic

You didn't seriously think that Israel would allow Hezbollah and Iran to continue growing stronger? They will deal with them.

"They" wont. we (the US) will. for them, as always ad infinitum. more US blood and treasure to clear up lebensraum for the israelis.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
.-...-.-....--.-- ..... -.---- .-...-.-..

.-...-.-....--.-- ...-. .--. ...-...-....-.....----.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
is this the july version of the story or the june version ? what will the august version look like ?

lol

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Baer has been a straight shooter in the past and in the classic tradition of an in-the-field analyst/operative he doesn't often embellish things. He's dry, to-the-point and detailed.

This is not to say everything he says will come to pass.

He's not in the prediction game. He's in the prevention game. He's made this pretty clear before by publishing what he has.

By leaking out (alleged) secrets or exposing preparations he makes it more difficult for these to be continued in the darkness. The actions after being pointed out are more likely to be exposed and look silly if something happens.

That's his most likely motivation for coming out with his prognosis. He couldn't give a rat's arse if some people think that he "predicted it wrong", if it helps to stop a useless war.

As for being out of the loop, these things don't die so easily. Once you make close ties over two decades people still tell you stuff. Some people even stay on as independent consultants and retain their security clearances and as such are very much in the loop.

So, while it is impossible to either prove/disprove his knowledge in the issue, I'd weight his analysis 10000x over the average nut-job at ATS or GLP. He did a very long stint in ME, is very knowledgeable in Farsi, Arabic, how CIA works and Sunni-Israel tensions. He's one of the *the* people I'd listen to. And if he's not on the payroll currently just means he has less of an axe to grind or a hidden agenda, other than already pointed out above, which is not hidden at all if you think of it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So how many times has Israel been predicted to attack Iran over the last few years?

Israel would very much like to attack Iran and I don't doubt Israel will attack Iran at some point but Israel doesn't attack Iran until the Globalists tell her to.

Sheeple believe everything they hear and I have extreme doubt about anything that any CIA or 'former' CIA agent says.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

-.-- --- ..- -- ..- ... - -... . -... --- .-. . -..

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Israel will simply not stand for Iran to get close to nuclear weapons capability. They would have bombed them years ago but the US kept them on a tight leash due to Iraq/Afghanistan - they didn't want the whole region to collapse into war around their troops. But I guarantee that the US has assured Israel that Iran will be taken care of in time - it's just a case of when. They've slowed the Iranians down a little with StuxNet (and other things we've probably not heard about) but they can't stall forever. Israel has no doubt demanded the issue is resolved by a certain date, it's just a question of when that is. But it WILL happen.

Having said that, I do have another theory. Maybe Israel has said to Iran (behind closed doors) that if Iran tests a nuke, or they discover Iran has developed a nuclear weapon, they'll have no choice but to wipe Iran off the map. And Iran knows Israel is serious. It's the only other explanation I have for Israel's lack of action.

EDIT TO ADD: www.bbc.co.uk...

tick-tock, tick-tock...
edit on 19-7-2011 by Curio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Having said that, I do have another theory. Maybe Israel has said to Iran (behind closed doors) that if Iran tests a nuke, or they discover Iran has developed a nuclear weapon, they'll have no choice but to wipe Iran off the map. And Iran knows Israel is serious. It's the only other explanation I have for Israel's lack of action.

The only explanation for Israels lack of action is that they know they cannot take Iran heads on without taking massive damage from Irans conventional weaponry.
Also, a former Israeli general Giora Eiland, has this to say about any Israeli attack on Iran

To our regret, there is no Israeli military capability that would enable us to reach a situation whereby Iran's nuclear capabilities are destroyed without the possibility of recovery," he said. "The maximal achievement that Israel can accomplish is to disrupt and suspend Iran's nuclear program."

also, attacking Iran is not going to be as easy and point and click, like in a video game. There are serious risks for Israel...as explained by Giora Eiland

if you undertake a failed military operation, you pay three-fold: firstly, you didn't succeed in hitting what you wanted, secondly, you've hurt your deterrence capabilities, and thirdly, you're perceived as the aggressor," he said.

source : www.ynetnews.com...

It would not be wise for Israel to do something that would likely lead to its own annihilation. Even if Iran, does indeed develop a nuclear weapon, whats Israel going to do? Provoke a new nuclear power which has Israel within its range? Very unlikely.
However, I can imagine the US getting involved to fight for Israel, if it can afford to.... but nonetheless, Iran would have no choice but to take down Israel with it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join