It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British PM David Cameron meets Murdoch execs 26 times in one year.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
As more information is coming to light regarding the phone hacking scandal, we now find out the amount of times the Prime minister has met with News International executives in a year. It turns out the PM had 26 meetings with Rupert Murdoch or his minions. Once a fortnight. He met with The Daily Mail 4 times and The Guardian twice.

Now we have to ask, why? Has Cameron not got more important things to be doing, seeing the financial situation and the war in Libya. what was so important that fortnightly meetings were required? No matter what your stance on this. It can not be healthy for any media organisation to be so close to the government.

Records indicated that British Prime Minister David Cameron had 26 meetings with Murdoch or his underlings over the last year - about one every two weeks.

Additionally, Cameron hosted Murdoch's son James, resigned News Corp. executive Rebekah Brooks and former News of The World editor Andy Coulson at his country home.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... 3na

www.nydailynews.com...
www.indianexpress.com...
edit on 17-7-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Of course this is not healthy for sure. But it shouldn't be surprising anyone around here.

This does nothing more then confirm the suspicion of governments and media outlets working together in order to paint the required picture for the public, covering up the actual scenarios.

edit on 17/7/2011 by chrismir because: typo

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismir

The thing is, it's predominantly just one media outlet. One that has a political philosophie of it's own.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Although I do not have proof at hand, I strongly belief these kind of communication lines are to be found anywhere TPTB are acting, be it governments, the big media outlets or big corporations. The facts revealed in OP is just because this is a spotlight situation.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Cameron had a deal with Murdoch. The deal was that Cameron let the BskyB takeover by Newscorp go ahead in return for newspaper support in the 2010 election. Coulson and Brookes were the minders. Its not suprising that they met 26 times. Its called corruption and I suspect the same was going on when Tony Blair was PM.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Its a shame that nothing will come of this. The people of this country have no balls when it comes to corporate and government corruption. Sure, a few people will complain, Panorama will show a report, but ultimately whatever happens to the corrupt? Nothing. They just make scapegoats of people who they forced into their mess. Things continue just as they are, and evil parasites like David Cameron know this.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
This is zionism interfering with your "democratic'' country British people. Doesn't seem like a democracy to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
With so much hacking and surveillance going on, who knows how many of our political class have been compromised and have little secrets that Murdoch and his cronies know about, and can threaten to make public if those politicians don't play ball? It's by no means outside the realms of possibility.
We have a situation where the highest levels of government are so close to the criminality, including senior police figures, that we must assume that most major players, from all 3 main parties are complicit in some way and knew what was going on, yet did nothing to stop it. As such, is it not reasonable to expect the desire of the public to see a house clearing and a new government formed to exclude the old guard?

I have said for years that the "News Entertainment" corporations are so powerful as to be able to create and make the news rather than merely reporting it. This power flies in the face of the democracy they push down our throats day in and day out. I expect we'll see a few lower staffers get thrown to the wolves whilst those that were in the know and authorised it all at the top will walk away, perhaps a little tarnished, but otherwise avoiding any personal jail time or fines. Case in point is Rebekah Brooks, who I see is likely to pick up a "severance package" of around £3.5 Million. Nice havig so much power that resigning from a post in disgrace carries with it any sort of severance package at all.
I feel sure too that shareholders, seeing their dividends and share price shrinking by the hour, will be equally happy.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hearing on Twitter a 43 year old woman has been arrested in connection with the scandal. Rebekah Brooks is 43 years old.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

How else do you expect him to receive his orders, they couldn't risk phoning him, the phones could've been hacked by anybody.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Why is this funny?

Routinely Fox News attacks Obama for meeting with GE executives and a whole other host of people.

You'll hear nothing but crickets on this one from them though.

These are their bro's! They won't bite the hand that feeds them.

S/F

Just more evidence of corruption...Murdoch was a strong backer of Cameron in the election and is a large reason why he won in the first place.
edit on 17-7-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Cameron, Murdoch and a Greek island freebie

Eugh, the stories keep coming out. Cameron , Murdoch, Osborne, Mandelson and Rothschilds. These politicians are living on another planet.

David Cameron accepted free flights to hold private talks with Rupert Murdoch on his luxury yacht off a Greek island this summer, The Independent can reveal.

The Tory leader delayed the start of his family holiday in Turkey to fly to Santorini, where he had drinks with Mr Murdoch on his 184ft yacht Rosehearty and later attended a dinner party with him. Mr Cameron then accepted a second free flight to Turkey, while Mr Murdoch sailed to Corfu, where the guests at a party to mark the 40th birthday of his daughter, Elisabeth, included the shadow Chancellor George Osborne, Lord Mandelson and the Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Wow!!!

Rabbit hole keeps getting deeper.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

star and flag, it was the first thing i thought when i heard this news, i was watching the news at the time they were mentioning it, and they were talking to two other people about it, it was quite funny, i had to laugh as they tried to spin it in the direction of the priminister just being friends with them and inviting them over as friends.

yeah all right then i thought, they want us to believe they were just having a cup of english tea and biscuits and catching up on 'old times'. that it was in no way briefings about what stories the papers should be printing or what to leave out of the news and never mention etc. it was just tea and biscuits and maybe a little crocket.

new topics

top topics

join