It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wolves of the Calla, by Stephen King.

It's the 5th book in the Dark Tower series, but it's been so long since I read the others, I dont' remember many of the details.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hey,
Mann im usually reading 7 books at once all the time, i may need to go count my stacked up reading....brb!
(Walks down hall next to dresser where books are stacked)
Okay, im back....hmmm let's see..
LOL, wow, whatdya know, exactly 7 books...lol
Okay alot of them i have finally decided to put on hold in order to finish them off quicker, lol. So the first 2 books are the ones that i am really, really, reading, and the others are momentarily on hold. Otherwise it'll take me like a year to finish any of them!!!
1.)The lost years of Jesus by Elizabeth C. Prophet(about to finsish)
2.) The teaching of Buddha -Bukkyo Dendo Kyokai(75% thru)
Now to the on-hold books....
3.)Out of Body adventures by Rick Stack
4.) The Talmud of Jmmanuel by Eduard A. Meier
5.)T'ai Chi Ch'uan and Meditation by Da Liu
6.)Adventures of a psychic by Sylvia Browne
7.)The story of Edgar Cayce/There is a River by Thomas Sugrue
Hmmmm, i could have sworn there were more, however i have recently finished a few books.
These are the books im looking forward to reading...
The way of Zen by Alan W. Watts
The orion Mystery by Robert Bauval, etc.
The Celestine prophecy by James Redfield
In search of the Gods by Eroch von Daniken(a compilation of the 3 books, "Chariots of the Gods?", "Gods from outer space, & "Pathways to the Gods") I bought it at a half price book store, heheh, 3 books for 8 dollars!! About 613 pages...
Blood Canticle & Servant of the Bones by Anne Rice
Crystal Awareness by Catherine Bowman
The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow by Constance Cumbey

Yupp, and thats about all thankfully!

Hey Gool could you tell me how Underworld: Mysterious origins... by Grahm Hancock is when your done! Thanks!

Everything You Know Is Wrong: The Disinformation Guide to Secrets and Lies by Russ Kick....Joanna is it worth the read? Whats some of the stuff it says?

Morbid you should probably check out The Atlantis Blue print by Colin Wilson & Rand Flem-Ath. I was reading that earlier, and it was my top reading book(meaning the most important to me at the time) and i was like 3/4 thru when i lost IT! I lost the Bloody book!!!! Rawwwwwr!!!!! But it was pretty good what i had read, i was getting valuable information from it. Whats the Occult book by Colin like?

-Dani

**BOOKS**

[edit on 21-4-2005 by Vesuvius 13]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The Eagle's Gift by Carlos Castaneda

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Digital Fortress - Dan Brown
and
Resturant at the end of the Universe (from Hitchickers)

~*~*~loveForTheArts~*~*~

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
State of Fear: Michael Crichton

I am halfway through and Its getting a bit of drag...I dont know if completing it would be worthwhile..

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Shake Hands With the Devil by Romeo Dallaire.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm currenty working on a lot of books:

Flatland by Edwin A. Abbott
Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams
The Ufo Experience by J. Allen Hynek
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
just finished Isle of Dogs by Patricia Cornwell. It was a nice change from her usual genre.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
'The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail' as everyone is!!

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
"On Bull$hit" by Harry Frankfurt

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Children of Dune ,Frank Herbert.The third book in the Dune series,I suggest it for any Sci-Fi fans,maybe the best Sci-Fi books ever.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm reading "Haunted" by Chuck Palahniuk and "Sphere" by Michael Crichton.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I've currently been reading a bunch of Dragonlance novels, set in one of the Dungeons and Dragons worlds (Krynn), at this moment it is one called "Kaz the Minotaur".

I never read more than one fiction book at the same time, but there's a couple of nonfiction ones I've been slowly going through.

One is called "Church History In The Fulness of Times" which is available online
here: www.lds.org... It's published by the Mormon church and it's an interesting read; I'm about halfway through it.

The other is a textbook on electromagnetics that I am going through as a refresher (amazon lies when it says the book is 71 pages, it is 703). I used the first half of this book for a course two years ago, and I'll be taking an elective next semester that covers the second half.

(edit to change the first link to that it actually worked, lol)

[edit on 3-6-2005 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
i'm currently rereading my h beam piper collection, what a storyteller! fave has to be 'space viking', great revenge novel. also just finished the three takeshi kovacs books, 'altered carbon','broken angels'and ' woken furies' wow they rock. also rereading peter f hamiltons excellent greg mandel series. got night watch and guards guards by pratchett in the car, larry nivens excellent ' world out of time' on the toilet shelf. reading stephensons 'cryptonomicon' during breaks at work. whew.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I'm reading Victor Hugo - Les Misarable(very sad)
and Che Guvara - Guarrilla Warfare.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Currently reading The Paradise War by Stephen Lawhead, book one of the Song of Albion Trilogy

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Within the last month I read 3 books which I can easily testify were very good reads.

Betrayed by Brendan DuBois
Missing Persons by Stephen White
Runaway Heart by Stephen J. Cannell

Mahree

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer (jeez is this thing long...)

Dead Eye Dick by Kurt Vonnegut

Death Blossoms by Mumia Abu-Jamal

The Confessions of Nat Turner by William Styron

JAK

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I just read

From Science to God - The Mystery of Consciousness and the Meaning of Light

by Peter Russell.

From Science to God is the story of Peter Russell's lifelong exploration into the nature of consciousness. Blending physics, psychology, and philosophy, he leads us to a new worldview in which consciousness is a fundamental quality of creation. He shows how all the ingredients for this worldview are in place; nothing new needs to be discovered. We have only to put the pieces together and explore the new picture of reality that emerges.

A short read but an interesting one.

Jak

[edit on 27/7/06 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Just finished Beyond Top Secret by Tm Good Just started reading The JFK Consiracy by Anthony Summers for what must be the 50th time.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join