It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fine print: North Dakota may not be a state

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRoboto
I call dibs on North Dakota....

So if the proper officials never took oath to integrate N.Dakota into the union, then do the citizens that reside in this state, technically ever had to pay any federal taxes? Or for that matter state taxes since they weren't really naturalized as a state? Wait, would those citizens actually be considered American?

NORTH DAKOTA HERE IS YOUR CHANCE, GET OUT!

Come join Canada, we have cookies

edit on 15-7-2011 by MrRoboto because: "i" before "e" except after "c"

Mmmmmm. cookies...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It is kind of like after 17 years you find out your child is not your biological child and was switched in the hospital at birth. After that many years, it does not matter, the child is still yours, biological or not.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

The true meaning of this story, or what we should get from it is ::
THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T give a crap about the Constitution...It's just a freaking piece of paper...
It's not a state on paper but alot thingsthe government does/portrays aren't on paper, and just because they're fakely acknowledged doesn't mean the dang things are read and abided by.

It's really ironic. I mean it's a perfect example of leaders today making up their own rules and disregarding integrity to the umpth degree..

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well then, as a resident of a non-state of the Union....does that mean, technically that the Feds have no jurisdiction here? I have all manner of devious thoughts swirling through my head on this one. I live in Fargo and this is the first I had heard of this news.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

That's pretty interesting, but if they applied for statehood and it was approved by Congress then ND is indeed a state, regardless of the fact that the state constitution is "mis-worded"

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one mentioned that North Dakota is the only state with its own banking system. Maybe this is just the start of some propaganda to kill that freedom the state enjoys. Below is a link to there bank, describing itself.

www.banknd.nd.gov...
edit on 15-7-2011 by wiandiii because: for spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
CNN has just reported that the US government is invading that foreign state called North Dakota.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Yes, but it will only encourage Texans to claim they are their own country, and well every one knows how that ends up. Hmmm, might want to keep tabs on this either way, it could prove serious enough to go all the way up.

Hey, Texas aint too bad... Ted Nugent thinks it's great, and I think he's awesome!

Whatever 'state' you end up in ADVISOR, lemme know - I AM SO THERE! You're someone I can count on watching my six!

This from conversations we've had in the past...

edit on 15-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
CNN has just reported that the US government is invading that foreign state called North Dakota.

Link please...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
We in the great state of Alaska hereby claim North Dakota (henceforth to be called "Further South Eastern Alaska" ) as our winter vacation spot, where we shall enjoy their balmy, warm winter weather and abundant, dense population of accent-less citizens as our new breatheren.

The more I read on various state constitutions, the more I realize just what a gigantic *facepalm* it is that these loopholes and miswordings have taken so long to discover. I know just by interacting with people on a daily basis that mankind hasn't gotten smarter, so my only explanation for how they seem to just now be making these discoveries is that nobody ever really bothered to actually read the documents in years passed.

Lol... isn't the 'Great State of Alaska' still on loan to the U.S. ~ FROM RUSSIA ~? I'll have to go back and review how a leased plot of land became a Statehood.

Alaska... oh how I love that state! been there 4 times, got relatives there, best fishing in the world, LOTS of undiscovered precious metal resources... and they even pay you (thank GOD for oil) to live there!

Great bug out location... that was until Fukushima, hope all is well on you're end...

HEY... do they still warn you to 'watch out for large seagulls' in Seward?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
They may as well just accept they are an unwilling participant

in the Canmerico experiment......

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

What I find most amazing about this is that it's been this way for over 120 years!! How could something so glaring be missed so easily?

Easy...people didn't actually read the document. Have you noticed here at ATS how many people read the headline and start commenting on a post without actually reading the post or checking out the link? People have a tendency to read the first line of a paragraph and hippo then kind of skim over the rest. Small details are often missed and/or assumed to be in place.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
After the Spanish-US War, Spain ceded their military forts and roads they built in the Philippines and Guam to the United States.

They never ceded those countries because Spain never owned them. The US rolled into the Philippines and declared they owned that country...and that's when the US-Philippine War erupted.

Guam isn't even owned by the US. Still today the Spanish Crown owns land on Guam.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by TheBorg

Holy God, I'm packing my bags now...

ND here I come!!!!!

think twice...trust me, i'm from north dakota....

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
We The People (in the fore mentioned document) has really whittled down to Those The People over the last 235 years.

If this is what it is, I doubt the government would even give this a vehicle to surface in.
edit on 16-7-2011 by ergastulum because: add

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
All states should be free to exercise their secession rights also...I think Texas might be the first to go though since it seems to be more often at odds with the US gov and has one of the largest economies in the world. They could definitley pass off as a country. If the US gov is failing to fullfill its role and is becoming more parasitic than problem solving, states shouldn't hold back.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So N.Dakota could possibly become a real life "Petoria"....nice,lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Could this all just be a way to rile things up to the point that the EPA couldn't have any jurisdiction to stop the Frack drilling in the Decorah Shale there?

The Fracking is drawing INSANE amounts of oil and natural gas, creating a new millionare every day in ND and is almost bigger than the gold rush! But, it also has been accused of poisoning well water (ie water that you can start on fire out of your tap!)

If ND is declared to not be a state, but instead a commonwealth or territory or republic, then the EPA may have no standing and Frack Drilling could go on unabated.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Great metaphor. Not really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join