It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All The Producers On ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I take a lot of pride in doing a good job for my employers.
I make an obscene amount of money for using my talents and skills.
I spend an obscene amount of money to maintain a lavish lifestyle thus spreading my money around.

I'm sorry you are unhappy but it seems silly to call on others to share in your misery and dissatisfaction with the system.

For a really effective "strike" boycott the large corps. that are the gaming the system more than a few poor people. ex...war profiteers and those receiving govt. subsidies while showing record profits.

I think your ire is misplaced.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Im 62 and retired..worked all my life paid my fair share .

I earned that check I get with the sweat off my back..Get a Job..

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I think you will find that living on the margins is not
Enjoyable. I think you fail to recognize that people work
Because it brings meaning to life. You drop out and there
Will be a spiritually hungry person willing to take your place.
I say go for it and see if it is as seedy as you reckon.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

I think you will find that living on the margins is not
Enjoyable. I think you fail to recognize that people work
Because it brings meaning to life. You drop out and there
Will be a spiritually hungry person willing to take your place.
I say go for it and see if it is as seedy as you reckon.
Unfortunately for the "spiritually hungry", not everybody can do my current job. This is not just hubris on my part, this is backed up by the people who have already tried to replace me and failed to measure up. I have been willingly participating in the training and selection of my future replacement. No longer. It is time to throw as many monkey wrenches as possible into the works.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Would love to do this .......but as a single parent for 17 years, never have applied for welfare/social - never will, I will remain a worker and hold my head high ....... (Sorry)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by vesta

Would love to do this .......but as a single parent for 17 years, never have applied for welfare/social - never will, I will remain a worker and hold my head high ....... (Sorry)

Prior to this, I have never used any of these services. I have been working since I was 12/13 and paying into the system for 28+ years. I have always been proud of my ability to do work and to go above and beyond what others were doing. Now however, I feel it is time to do something. I will no longer contribute to this system. I have already changed my W-4 for maximum exemptions. They will still steal SS and medicare, but that is it. My original target date was 10/1 of this year, but that has changed. I am leaving my job next month. My boss won't lay me off, but maybe I can get myself fired. I need to research the laws on collecting unemployment after being terminated.
edit on 15-7-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join