It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds a little Jerry Springerish to some

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I sit here watching the little bar flash trying to put this story together in my mind...what has happened is hard to put into words .

What im going to do is put this story out as a ..What If..kind of thing to see what you folks think about the situation.

We shall call our person Joe .
Now Joe is in Love with a lady 15 years younger than himself and has been liveing with her for three years .
The Springerish glitch is she is the mother of his Granddaughter .The father was a sperm donor (one night stand )
Joe has given up everything for Love..meaning his family have turned their backs on him...People who used to be his friends have admonished him and quoted Bible to him ..
Although there are no blood ties to their relationship poor Joe catches the flack as well as his girlfriend .
What Joe does is tell everyone if they dont like it ..Stick it where the sun dont shine..Its their life and their relationship which is based on love and trust..

Thats Joe's story ..what say you ATS members ...Is Joe right or wrong ?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So... This may be the beer getting confused. He is dating his grand daughter's mother? So if he gets with her he is both a father and a grandfather but there is no blood relation?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

So...is Joe the Father of the sperm doner? So...that makes him actually...blood related to the grand-daughter?
edit on 11-7-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

yikes...i am at a loss for words. there is no law against it. its strange and VERY jerry springer. but love is rather F worded up most of the time.

wow

yes caladonea you are correct
edit on 11-7-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Alright, so he is both the grandfather and step father of the grand child. So he is not blood related to the girl he is seeing, only her off spring?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by etombo
Alright, so he is both the grandfather and step father of the grand child. So he is not blood related to the girl he is seeing, only her off spring?

Correct..star for you !
By the way Joe's wife of 35 years ran off with another woman 10 years ago and has since disappeared .
The plot thickens !

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I want to meet these people and photograph them in their native environment. I will win a prize for my article featured in The National Geographic Society. This is a magical tale. The concern is for the grand daughter correct? We are concerned for her well being as an adjusted individual in light of being adopted by her grandfather who is also giving her mother the business? If he and his old lady who is younger than him are both solid people I imagine the child can adjust normally. (based on their history not likely; she had a oney and got knock up only to wind up with her daughter's grandfather and he drove a woman to another woman)

It is not like we're talking webbed blue feet polydactyly keepin' em close Jerry Springerism..

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Sounds beautiful to me as long as they work it out. The granddaughter gets raised by a blood relative that surely--I would think--loves her.

Tell 'em to stick it. I'm a believer, but what kind of asinine folk would try to twist bible quotes so as to be hurtful?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

So.............are you Joe?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

hahaha. That is great. I like your wit. I had not even drawn that conclusion yet.
edit on 11-7-2011 by etombo because: edit

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

So.............are you Joe?

Thats why I can write the what if senerio so well Star
I used Joe because lately the name BOB has had a bad time here on ATS

By the way...Joe loves his Granddaughter .and will raise her with love !
edit on 11-7-2011 by granpabobby because: (no reason given)

What ? No Flags ? Keep it running Joe ..unlike Bob aint dead yet
Oh Joe is 62 ..and the total support of girlfriend and three kids (two not related )
edit on 11-7-2011 by granpabobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by etombo
reply to post by caladonea

hahaha. That is great. I like your wit. I had not even drawn that conclusion yet.
edit on 11-7-2011 by etombo because: edit

Hi...thanks...I was just trying to make sense of it all....happy trails!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is easy...
You're ALL going to HELL!

Just kidding!

Hey bud, I wish I could give you some life changing advice about all of this... the fact of the matter is that I have had some pretty tough experiences of my own with family approval of relationships. I also have had the "Good Book" thrown in my face as a means to convince me of my "un-Godly" decisions. Even now (mid 40's) I have family members that seem to think they are obligated to tell me what I should or shouldn't be doing.

Based on a previous thread post, I gather that you are a man of "experience" and have much more wisdom and life experiences than 90% of those on this site. You also express the type of love and understanding that only a father or grandfather could feel. What is wrong with that?

No real advice here... just know that a fellow Father, Grandfather, and TEXAN is rooting for you! I don't think that most understand what any of that really means. Stay strong brother!

TVTEXAN

FYI... "Springer" is also the name of one of the owners of this site..... connection?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

There is a song about this written by Ray Stevens. Or something close.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

There is a song about this written by Ray Stevens. Or something close.

www.youtube.com...

Thought I was going to choke on my coffee
Roll On The Floor And Laugh Out Loud !!!!
THANKS

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Sometimes folks just have to do what makes them happy. If they genuinely love each other...I say they should just be happy together.

I've heard of MUCH weirder conundrums.... (that hit a little too close to home)....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
I sit here watching the little bar flash trying to put this story together in my mind...what has happened is hard to put into words .

What im going to do is put this story out as a ..What If..kind of thing to see what you folks think about the situation.

We shall call our person Joe .
Now Joe is in Love with a lady 15 years younger than himself and has been liveing with her for three years .
The Springerish glitch is she is the mother of his Granddaughter .The father was a sperm donor (one night stand )
Joe has given up everything for Love..meaning his family have turned their backs on him...People who used to be his friends have admonished him and quoted Bible to him ..
Although there are no blood ties to their relationship poor Joe catches the flack as well as his girlfriend .
What Joe does is tell everyone if they dont like it ..Stick it where the sun dont shine..Its their life and their relationship which is based on love and trust..

Thats Joe's story ..what say you ATS members ...Is Joe right or wrong ?

Basically he is dating a woman his son has had sex/relationship with? Hmm.. Sounds like a pedophile/typical moral-less Anglo American southern trash...

His family has common-sense and as for Joe telling people to "shove it", Joe the pervert can shove it. People have a right not to put up with perverts. If Joe wants to be a sicko he can move to the middle of nowhere or some place where deviants like himself and his gf are tolerated.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Inchworm?

Is that you again?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Us grown ups, make our own choices, based on our own experiences education and intelligence. So far so good.

But, we put ourselves before the children far too often! For love, or because we can't help it.

I don't doubt you will do your best for the baby, but how is she expected to cope with knowing her father is her grandfather? Do you realise how likely it is she will be taunted and bullied at school?

I wish we lived in an ideal world, where people would mind their own business, but we don't!

If your sure this is what you want, Id move her away, allow her to grow up believing your her stepfather, then tell her the rest when she is an adult. Children want to fit in, to be normal, she shouldn't have to deal with the opinion and judgement of others, because you love her mum. Adult relationships are for adults to deal with, not to be inflicted on children.

I say good luck to you, if you can find a away to protect this child from your choices. Better you bring her up, than someone who tolerates her, or even a string of someones who give her no stabilty and security.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I have been thinking more on this and it feels like a lot is left out. You did a quick gloss-over demonization of the real father/guy's son and the attitude of the family. I wouldn't be surprised if the gf dumped the son for the father or the old geezer used his economic power to seduce his son's gf.

Either way evil is what it is. The only clear solution is for the son/real father to get custody of his child and for the perverts to be left to their own devices.

top topics

join