It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weird and Wacky World of Physics: Parallel Universes, Bye Bye Heisenberg and Gov Conspiracies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I love watching DR. Who but my cable company does not carry the channel.

And remember this

**The universe is not only stranger than we imagine it is stranger than we can imagine.**

edit on 7/12/2011 by fixer1967 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Simply amazing! I thank you for this information which I will finish when I don't work. I am looking forward into seeing the videos which is what I couldn't see, but will definately get to on Thursday!
Again, thank you!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
First off, great thread and thanks OP for giving me something to read for 8 hours!

Somebody mention that blind people can't 'observe' the universe.
What 'observe' means in my opinion is to experience the universe, including all senses, not just sight.

And this brings me to my next point, we are all assuming that our universe really 'exists' and is material.
(Unless others mentioned it too).

What others have proposed, and is my belief, is that the universe, and all other possible universes, don't really exist anywhere physically, but exists only by our combined thoughts and beliefs. If no humans (or other conscious entities) inhabited our universe, the universe would cease to exist. We think, therefore it is.

One contributing 'proof' to this theory is the double-slit experiment. Light changes its behavior based upon our observation of that light. Why?

If you don't believe this 'theory', and that it seems too far fetched, what if I proved to you that you experience this all the time and you KNOW it to be a false existence, but it feels quite real?

Ever had a dream? While dreaming, you are certain that you are in a physical world, and if I were to suggest otherwise you'd think I was crazy.

We are always dreaming. Pin point the difference.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Do you want to leave this universe for another duplicate one, it's very easy. All you have to do is put two possible decisions in front of you such as will I look to the left or will I look to the right. Now as long as you do not do either one, both exist, because you can see and observe both taking place. Now, choose to do one. You have just exited from one universe into another. You can still perceive me here right now because I am still writing this reply, so my connection to you has not popped out out existence yet, call that a string. Once I stop typing and you stop reading this post you will decide to read another and break the string , only to have your end latch onto something else. It may be that you flow through thousands of universes daily just by making a choice. Each one only different by the very decision you make.

Wow. And we don't realize the shift because the make-up of the quantum multiverse is part of our perceptive abilities. Wasn't it said somewhere that we create our own reality?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Very well done. *bows to a knee*

I just read this one, now back to the others before I comment.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I have a problem with the concept of our decision making transfering us from one to another dimension or universe.

The multitude of decisions or choices of any future moment can only be Possibility and Probability, and they cannot exist yet in any way other than thought projection. So they cannot exist until an action for direction is taken which brings them into 'reality'. When a direction is chosen it becomes reality in this dimension or universe... we do not shift into another one.

Our perceptions are Egocentric, and BlackPoison94 agreed when I asked about it earlier.

Which then brings me to thinking we need to eradicate the Egocentric Perceptions.. us existing in every dimension/universe at the same time in a variety of physical replications of ourselves... because those perceptions and concepts cloud our ability to see past them. They are Limitations to Perception.

In which case it should be probable that other dimension and universes exist without need of us.. and existed before us, may continue to exist after us.. and are not prone to our limited thought patterns and Beliefs.

It should be highly possible that each universe.. in a Multiverse Foam of Bubble-universes would each have fairly unique characteristics within them.. localised environments we could say that behave differently to what we experience Here in our own Bubbleverse.

For all 'universes' and dimensions to be homogenised and experiencing the exact same scenarios/creations/constructs within themselves is a senseless waste of the Energy and possible 'intelligence' involved on such a grand scale.

I base this last speculation on the diversity shown by all Matter in our own experience of Our Universe.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

What was the programme name? I live in the UK too so it I should be able to catch it

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Amazing!

String theory and particle physics in general have always fascinated me. I wish i was smart enough to understand the mathematics behind it, but its fun to read along and pretend i understand it all!

Its amazing how much we know, yet at the same time we dont understand the most basic things about the reality of our universe and maybe in fact, our multiverse.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well done again BP.
S+F

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I agree there isn't and twin universe because even techincally twins have slight varations. There could be slighty similiar universe in some ways.

Life is about choices those choices are depandant on the exact enviroment circumstances and variables. Its more likely not parallel in most ways.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Amazing!

String theory and particle physics in general have always fascinated me. I wish i was smart enough to understand the mathematics behind it, but its fun to read along and pretend i understand it all!

Its amazing how much we know, yet at the same time we dont understand the most basic things about the reality of our universe and maybe in fact, our multiverse.

Don't worry, even people who proposed String theory, don't understand it!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

come to think of it, i see our universe more of large replica of our brain. we are all just living out someone's 'thought'.

perhaps a paralel universe is more like a copy of another one, just like i am a human copy of my neighbour

now imagine you and your neighbours mind. you are both experiencing the same thing yet percieve it differently. thus both minds have different thoughts following the same rules and are very much alike each other.

now turn those minds into paralel universes (where we live in), and imagine us (as living beings) as the active brain thingies. we both exist to follow the same rules yet we are slightly different.

just a speculation

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

S & F
I've bookmarked to read more in detail tonight, great thread

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
what how completely bonkers

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The one thing I think we can all agree on is that the "laws" of physics are subject to change and are evolving in the same manner that the human mind is evolving.

I've read quotes from several military men who have been involved in Black Projects, that have let's just say, "witnessed technology that science can't fully understand and that defy our laws of physics."

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join