It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's OK America...we still love you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

We might be Red-back limey bastard's but at least we're not Hessian's.
Anyway I prefer lobster-back limey bastard's if you don't mind.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

its alright guys my dads Hungarian... HA!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
SInce Netflix began streaming video...
I think I watch more UK than American TV..

Top Gear, and the IT crowd keep me in stitches.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

If your a fan of British humour then I recommend this

(Courtesy of wikipedia)

Revolting People is a BBC Radio 4 situation comedy set in colonial Baltimore, Maryland, just before the American Revolutionary War. The series is written by the Briton Andy Hamilton and the American Jay Tarses, with Tarses playing a sour shopkeeper named Samuel Oliphant and Hamilton playing a cheerfully corrupt, one-legged, one-eyed, one-armed, one-eared one-nostrilled British soldier, Sergeant Roy McGurk, billeted on him.
Samuel's children are Mary, in love with McGurk's commanding officer Captain Brimshaw while at the same time operating as a notorious anti-British pamphleteer under the pseudonym Spartacus; Cora, in an unconsummated marriage with the pompous pro-British official Ezekiel but nevertheless a mother; and the dimwitted Joshua, whose favourite recreation is wrestling bears.

If you like this then you should check out Old Harry's Game by Andy Hamilton. (you won't be disappointed)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

Thanks for these recommendations.
I like the Play on words there.."Revolting people"

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Your welcome.
I hope you enjoy them.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by discostu123
I know that the majority of the world really don't like you very much, but I would just like to point out that here in the UK we are very much still feeling the love.

There have been South Africans and Americans who have said that generally the South African nation is the last who still accepts the American nation, there should be more cultural exchanges between the two, and that South Africans tend to have a fascination for all things American. I'd say that an example of cultural exchanges is with food, and an example is pumpkin recipes. Another example is with music, like country music. Both have also had similar histories.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Aquarius1011 because: Updating and adding information.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join