It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy: Social Network - Google+

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
personally i'm more conscious of the fact they have more to gain from the info I place on ATS than facebook.

it's all neatly archived here too.

google+ is merely upping the ante in the information the ignorant can post and what google can do with it.

edit on 14-8-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Google+, The monster in plain sight.

"Here we have the world’s most comprehensive database about people, their relationships, their names, their addresses, their locations and the communications with each other, their relatives, all sitting within the United States, all accessible to US intelligence. Facebook, Google, Yahoo – all these major US organizations have built-in interfaces for US intelligence. It’s not a matter of serving a subpoena. They have an interface that they have developed for US intelligence to use. -- Julian Assange, Wikileaks

tech.slashdot.org...

www.extremetech.com...

To be in public is to be on camera, but most video footage is discarded, as only so much can be sorted and analyzed — until now. DARPA has created a technology that can index and analyze video in real-time, marking the end of anonymity in public places. In 2008, DARPA, the US military’s elite group of pocket protector warriors, began soliciting the tech industry to develop technologies that would allow computers to sort through and index surveillance footage from the military’s fleet of drones, satellites, and miscellaneous other super secret spy cameras. This was all part of the Agency’s proposed Video Image Retrieval and Analysis Tool (VIRAT) that would be able to describe specific human activities in real-time. This automated index would allow for searchable queries (i.e. “how often did an adult male taller than six-foot get in a car in the early morning between November 1st and December 22nd in this compound in Abbottabad?”) or flag behavior such as when someone carries a large package towards a car on the side of a road in Basra, but walked away empty handed.

www.wired.com...

The investment arms of the CIA and Google are both backing a company that monitors the web in real time — and says it uses that information to predict the future. The company is called Recorded Future, and it scours tens of thousands of websites, blogs and Twitter accounts to find the relationships between people, organizations, actions and incidents — both present and still-to-come. In a white paper, the company says its temporal analytics engine “goes beyond search” by “looking at the ‘invisible links’ between documents that talk about the same, or related, entities and events.” The idea is to figure out for each incident who was involved, where it happened and when it might go down. Recorded Future then plots that chatter, showing online “momentum” for any given event. “The cool thing is, you can actually predict the curve, in many cases,” says company CEO Christopher Ahlberg, a former Swedish Army Ranger with a PhD in computer science. Which naturally makes the 16-person Cambridge, Massachusetts, firm attractive to Google Ventures, the search giant’s investment division, and to In-Q-Tel, which handles similar duties for the CIA and the wider intelligence community. It’s not the very first time Google has done business with America’s spy agencies. Long before it reportedly enlisted the help of the National Security Agency to secure its networks, Google sold equipment to the secret signals-intelligence group. In-Q-Tel backed the mapping firm Keyhole, which was bought by Google in 2004 — and then became the backbone for Google Earth.

www.networkworld.com...

Why must we give one corporation control over our emails, social networking, locations, connections, and other private information?
Anyone else suspicious in the least bit?

Something is wrong here. I made an account, but now after thinking it over, I'm going to keep it pretty bare and vague.

www.google.com...

By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services. You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.

The Order of the New World came not in microchips under our skin, but in the form of our Souls, dancing upon rivers of light. They own us, and our information...and they are watching. Be careful...all. The future is going to be a very, different place.

Isn't google a NSA data mining project?

Collecting statistics on people's habits that will later be used against them(psychological profile).

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You can create a glut of useless information;

i.e: i have three facebook accounts (i have several friends and family also with more than two). For awhile 6 different friends had access and were all using one particular account (talk about a schizo profile).
Over the years i have had 9 youtube accounts, currently i have four (maybe five, i think i might have forgotten one or two). Also, someone else was using my name for their Youtube account (which has been closed for a couple of years now).
i did have two myspace accounts (both since have been closed).
i have about 4 or five e-mails addresses.
Two pay-pal accounts, and two e-bay accounts.
i've created so many different accounts on-line over the years i am sure i've forgotten some and they sit in cyberspace idle or dead. As my professional name uses only my initials and if (or when) i use my regular name it is sometimes abreviated to a nickname or a middle intitial is sometimes used, sometimes not (aside from screen names).

Each account i have on-line is an aspect of a "personality" or what i was doing at the time. A few friends and i communicate differently on different sites (for personal reasons concerning other friends and family, not for Gov. reasons or "Bullying/Trolling"). Sometimes you have to remain Anonymous.

So, i looked up my name (profile) on one of those sites which you can get data on people from, and all of the info was wrong ('cept the name and age).
The site had a phone number that i had from the 90s, my wife's name was spelled wrong, my son's name was totally wrong (it listed a pseudonym he used years ago), and it didn't have my daughter listed under children. Also, it had my current address wrong (it had me listed as a man of the same age and name but who lives in another city and is not me).

Another info gathering site i tried also had the same wrong data, except the address that was listed for me was only a close proximity of an address i had from 2001 (they were right about the street name but wrong about the street address).

Twice by accident, i used the wrong S.S. #. Once in the mid-80's and then again in the early 2000s (i accidently juxtaposed some numbers). Then in the 90s the mistake from the 80s was caught by the S.S. office, i was notified that they had retro-fixed the mistake and i had to go into the office to sign a document saying i was now aware of the change.

Also, i recently noticed a mistake currently when being placed on someone else's bank account (My finances and properties are linked with other people, purley for personal reasons not for scaming and/or business reasons) and the bank file came up as someone else was using my S.S. number (when actually it was me using their's).
i still haven't contacted the S.S. office to straighten out that mistake, but it was fixed on the bank document.
i personally don't have my name on any properties or houses that i might "own".

Any info they can gather from anywhere on line is only as good as the info you have given them (mistakes and purposeful). Also, it's only as good as their abiltiy to relate it and compile it.

i know a family in where some members have added an 'S' at the end of their name and some haven't. And sometimes it's rather arbitrary if they do or don't add the 'S' when spelling their name (brothers with different spellings on their State I.D.s).

Or as my daughters married name sometimes has a 'Z' added to the end by people just thinking it should have a 'Z' at the end of it (it's a common name that usually ends in 'Z', but her husband's name doesn't).

i know people who use two or three different computers, I.P. addresses, and proxies for different things and different accounts and go by pseudonyms or aliases.

As much as they can compile a "Dossier" on anyone, they can also have compiled info on completely fictitious people. Or as in my case a mixture of different people and/or personas.

As everything on-line is merely what you say it is. Except where using a bank account or credit card (and if you wanted to you can bury a lot of that type of thing under piles of differing information.

So, if you have a facebook account, just go in and change all of your personal data, and add tons of extra info...
Be as creative as you want to be

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If you're getting caught up on thinking that social networks are a relevant problem, then you're completely lost. Google isn't the #ing devil. It's #ing 2011 and the internet isn't a new #ing idea lol. If they wanted to know # about you, they would #ing find out.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Why must we give one corporation control over our emails, social networking, locations, connections, and other private information?

Because it's convenient.

We don't care about people spying on us. We don't care about our freedom. We don't care about the survival of the environment. We don't care about the food we eat. We don't care about the people who rule over us.

We care about four things. Whether we perceive that something keeps us safe, whether it allows us to avoid having to think, whether it appeals to our desire for superficial aesthetics, and whether it is fast, easy, and convenient. If those four criteria are met, then nothing else is given consideration.

We are a completely degenerate species, and society at this point. Completely, and totally degenerate; and it is used against us at every possible turn. The amount that our own lack of virtue is used against us only grows by the day.

I'd prefer to use IRC to communicate with my own family, as far as the Internet is concerned. That is non-corporate, decentralised, and largely untraceable. Unfortunately, however, it's also less convenient; because it requires a seperate application from Firefox to be opened, and knowing around half a dozen commands in order to use.

So people use Facebook, and soon, Google+. Complete surveillance. All of our information in one, easy to access database for any government or corporation to look through to their heart's content.

We won't be the only ones who have convenience.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
boycott google products. I'm personally sick of their web searching always changing what I'm trying to type, I don't know if it is crappy technology or they just don't want people to search for certain things so it changes as you type it and something completely different comes up instead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join