It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man impersonates police officer to sneak inside festival

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

clearly not even worth discussion.

I agree with this as we now both look foolish on an issue that has already been resolved. To get to the crux of the matter I see we have a conflict on the purpose of law and justice. Is it to punish or resolve conflict?

I see the primary purpose is about conflict resolution. It is a complex intricate world and we all make mistakes, it is just part of the learning process. Getting rewarded for actions reinforces good behaviour while getting punished diminishes bad behaviour. This is the basis of all neural structures (anything with a brain and nervous system).

The system of incarceration is just one of many methods to adjust behaviour through punishment. The effectiveness of this with the concept of rehabilitation is limited with high rate of reoffending as people are placed into a harsh and difficult environment. Locking people in a room to stare at a wall all day and to continually be subject to intimidation is not a one size fits all solution to the problems of human behaviour.

It is important that inappropriate behaviour is stopped for the health of the society. While some people find satisfaction with the degrading treatment placed on others from there mistakes, it does not always get to the source of the problems and can create even more.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

clearly not even worth discussion.

I agree with this as we now both look foolish on an issue that has already been resolved. To get to the crux of the matter I see we have a conflict on the purpose of law and justice. Is it to punish or resolve conflict?

I see the primary purpose is about conflict resolution. It is a complex intricate world and we all make mistakes, it is just part of the learning process. Getting rewarded for actions reinforces good behaviour while getting punished diminishes bad behaviour. This is the basis of all neural structures (anything with a brain and nervous system).

The system of incarceration is just one method to adjust behaviour through punishment. While there maybe a place to have people stare at a wall most of the day and be subject to continuous intimidation, it is not a one size fit all to the problems of human behaviour.
edit on 10-7-2011 by kwakakev because: added 'good' and 'bad'

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

new topics

<< 1   >>

join