It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is how you get treated in the "only democracy in the Middle East"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

So this source dosen't give a time outline as it is an initial report - Published: 12/27/08
So because they were Arab sources it is a lie? But when they are Israeli sources they are fact?

Yet Israeli sources seem to bluntly lie all the time

The Israeli chief of staff is reported to have claimed that 90 percent of those killed were militants, but the UN and other sources, including those in Gaza, suggest that as many as half of the dead were civilians. More than 250 other people, including scores of unarmed civilians, have been injured.

www.amnesty.org...

It dosen't change the fact that amongst those who actually investigated the issue there is a general consensus that around 300 Palestinians died in the first minute. Do you have any proof stating otherwise?
edit on 11-7-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Actually, Israel has the full population consenus and names of both Israelis and Palestinians. For each death of a Palestinian, it is cross checked.

Although I'm not denying some children are killed in the line of fire between the Gazans and Israelis......but what do you expect when Hamas and Jihadi terrorists take cover in residential areas among innocent civilians???

What do you expect when Gazans fire thousands of missiles and rockets in to Israeli neighbourhoods from the roofs of apartment blocks and houses?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Actually, Israel has the full population consenus and names of both Israelis and Palestinians. For each death of a Palestinian, it is cross checked.

Although I'm not denying some children are killed in the line of fire between the Gazans and Israelis......but what do you expect when Hamas and Jihadi terrorists take cover in residential areas among innocent civilians???

What do you expect when Gazans fire thousands of missiles and rockets in to Israeli neighbourhoods from the roofs of apartment blocks and houses?

Hamas' tactics are problematic for the IDF. Be that as it may it IS a war crime to fire into a populated area unless fire is coming from that area. I look forward to the day Hamas is a memory and the folks in Gaza can normalize their lives. It seems as if true democracy is really for the Jewish population which leaves about 20% of Israeli citizens with limited democracy. When people of different religions or ethnic backgrounds are separated along the lines of those differences it is defined as apartpied.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
Hamas' tactics are problematic for the IDF. Be that as it may it IS a war crime to fire into a populated area unless fire is coming from that area.

I could post tens of videos form YT showing where they fire from, but I think you get the point already. This video I liked the most tho.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Israel thus far has presented no proof that during 2008/2009 Gazan war, the buildings targeted were actually being used by Hamas as human shields.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Lol....will you be satisfied with their own admission?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Originally posted by gem_man
Hamas' tactics are problematic for the IDF. Be that as it may it IS a war crime to fire into a populated area unless fire is coming from that area.

I could post tens of videos form YT showing where they fire from, but I think you get the point already. This video I liked the most tho.

good video! I don't think anyone disputes the agression of Hamas. I certainly do not. I say again, Whenever attacks are in fact coming from a civilian target it is reasonable to direct fire back. BUT it is not reasonable to fire at a civilian target because militants MAY be there.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Perhaps a new thread may have been a better idea on this topic, but since it kinda fits here already, I thought I'd link this:

The Israeli parliament has passed a controversial law that will punish any Israeli individual or organisation boycotting West Bank settlements.

So now if the party "injured" in the boycott call so desires, they can sue the boycotters for damages. And I put "injured" in quotes because then it says this:

The petitioner is not required to prove that "economic, cultural or academic damage" was caused, only that it could reasonably be expected from the move

So now freedom of expression is being chipped away in this wonderful democracy. Yay!

PS: People who use the excuse "Hey, we're bad, but everyone else around here is worse!" really need to get their heads checked. Being "less bad" doesn't make you "good".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join