It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where is the sanity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Ive recently returned to ATS after a much needed break from the insanity.I came back with hopes of finding truth,yet i find nibiru,elenin,and more birther nonsense..Ive only been a member for about a year but ive yet to see many credible stories.I understand that we're all here to learn and expand our understanding of reality,i joined because im a very open-minded person and was interested in all taboo topics,and now,thanks to the madness,ive become more skeptical than ever..Am i the only one who feels this way?Is everyone here okay with the lies and the madness??

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You may have lurked for a year but your profile only shows you a member since May. It is an open forum, anyone can join and post their opinions. No different than anywhere else on the Internet.

There's lots of good posts here. Just remember that to get to the daisies, sometimes you have to walk through the the cow patties.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
no sir there have been many creditable stories... and plenty of info to research....

what are you expecting everything to be in full view with out the requirement to speculate on the unknown....
that's what theories are... educated speculation.....

and news has continued to be delivered before local and national media outlets have reported on it...

sanity???insanity???? who cares .... this is a alternative news site deal with it

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

i have another account

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411
no sir there have been many creditable stories... and plenty of info to research....

what are you expecting everything to be in full view with out the requirement to speculate on the unknown....
that's what theories are... educated speculation.....

and news has continued to be delivered before local and national media outlets have reported on it...

sanity???insanity???? who cares .... this is a alternative news site deal with it
im saying that the insanity FAR outweighs the truth,im talking 100 bogus stories to 1 thats credible

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

A-HA! A sock puppet account! No, I'm just kidding! Your avatar definitely stands out and is easily recognizable to me.

Seriously, I noticed an influx of new members starting in the fall of last year. IMO quality of threads and posts certainly have declined. Sometimes I feel like I reading beforeitsnews.com without the comments.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
im not saying this is a bad website or anything you know?its just that when i first became a member i was a like a kid in a candy store,i couldnt get enough info!after a few months though,threads got a bit repetitive and the theories became more and more farfetched..It got to the point where i couldnt convince myself to read anything on here.I give credit to those few who do tons of research and present well made threads for thruth seekers like me,but it feels like nobody wants to debate on resl-life issues anymore.But the second a fuzzy video of a "ufo" comes along the entire ats population hoards to that thread like mice on grain just to find out its cgi or a plastic bag in the sky..

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
reply to post by survivalstation

i have another account

Do you star and flag your own posts ?
Sounds like you are talking to yourself..you like your thread S&F for yourself ?
Interesting.. but isnt that against the rules ?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Vic. What did you suppose? That only the astute would start becoming aware of their surroundings?

What happens in the crowded theater when the roof caves in? People start running and shoving and screaming for their lives. Vic. The sky is falling and people of all types are running for the exits. ATS has an appearance of being one, and the flocking will soon be in full swing.

This place will never be an ivory tower or gentlemens club.
But oh well.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

the other account doesnt work,i was just trying to show that ive been an active/contributing member longer than what this account shows.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Thank you for clarifying that
All kidding aside I think I have seen sock puppit acounts in action before.
No offence intended ..thought it funny someone doing this kind of like patting your own back..
I feel we are having an influx of troublemakers comeing in tho..Just my 2 cents

edit on 9-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

new topics

top topics

join