It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Sudan Independence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

South Sudan Independence

edition.cnn.com

Sudan officially recognized Friday the sovereignty of South Sudan, set to secede and become the world's newest nation after midnight.
"The Republic of the Sudan announces its acknowledgement of the establishment of the Republic of South Sudan as a sovereign state within the 1956 boundaries," announced Bakri Hassan Salih, minister for presidential affairs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Lets hope this stops the civil wars and acts of genocide of the north against the south and the south against the north. Whats downplayed in current news reports is that Sudan has of course been a "game field" for a bitter war of Christians (south) against Muslims (north), with all kinds of players (America, Israel, Hamas, Arab League) having their hands on the "gameboard".

Looking forward to watching the development here. At first sight this seems to be good news.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

My related thread on this is: Real Doom and Gloom in Sudan
edit on 8-7-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Very interesting, Skyfloating. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The creation of a new nation is always a significant event.

I wish peace for all the people of Sudan, South Sudan, and the rest of East Africa on all sides of the various conflicts (tribal, religious, resource, and otherwise), and relief from the current crippling drought as well.

For informational purposes, the seal of the new state:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea779f0424e3.png[/atsimg]
edit on 7/8/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I believe this will be the start of even further escalations in Sudan.

Proxy wars lead to full wars, over time.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Here's to hoping they can prosper & flourish. Good luck, South Sudan!

And is it just me, or does the new seal look a lot like ours? I know there are eagles in Africa, so it could be a coincidence, but it struck me as almost too similar to brush off.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I have a friend moving there shortly.......

I will definately be watching this new independant country closely

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

You left out China, which has both of its hands in the pot in Sudan. Way more than the US or Europe.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
For informational purposes, the seal of the new state:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea779f0424e3.png[/atsimg]
edit on 7/8/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

Reminds me of the CIA seal. Isn't it southern Sudan that contains the bulk of the resources?

edit on 9-7-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Southern Sudan has most of the oil fields but the pipelines run north thru Sudan. They split the revenues 50-50. But you can expect this to change and cause a ruckus.

I can see further difficulties and instability in the region.
There is still a refugee situation to deal with too.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutomaticSlim
Southern Sudan has most of the oil fields but the pipelines run north thru Sudan. They split the revenues 50-50. But you can expect this to change and cause a ruckus.

Another problem for the Republic of South Sudan, is the absence of something the globalists crave - a private central bank.

The Libyan rebels had already established a private central bank and oil company while, the South Sudanese have not.

Anytime a new country is established, can we guarantee it will not be immune to globalist manipulation?

While I commend the South Sudanese for gaining independence from the North after a generation of civil war, I can assure you big powers are deciding the destiny of the African continent...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This will probably happen with Nigeria too at some point.
Has anyone seen the pattern where Islam and the rest of the world meet a division is caused?
This division is not just on the big scale with countries but with every detail in life.
If one group was not so determined to have it their way this would not happen.
In Europe there is this big division with Islamic populations in host countries everything has to be apartheid in attitude, special permissions to be different while your own host culture is taken to court over the most ridiculous claims of cultural differences.
We have seen people being taken to court in Europe about Crosses in Schools and Hospitals, Muslims women covered up in Veils public places and sensative areas like air ports and court cases where security is compromised, bacon in food products people taken to court over or alcohole in taxis, Christmas as a form of offence so it is down played, churches turned to mosques while Churches are burned down in Muslim countries and so on.
This dividing line is also present in Sudan, I could be wrong but that is the feeling I get and Somalia is no different either with the new Islamic laws which threaten freedom and common sense justice.

Please respect FT.com's ts&cs and copyright policy which allow you to: share links; copy content for personal use; & redistribute limited extracts. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights or use this link to reference the article - www.ft.com...

Kumba Alibea, 42, carried a sign he made saying “Just Divorced”. “When you are married to someone who gives you no freedom, you must leave them,” he said. Others yelled out “Bye bye Bashir” to signify the break from Omar al-Bashir’s presidency in Khartoum. For many who gathered at the town’s countdown clock, the red digital flash said it all: “Free at last”.
Text

www.ft.com...

Legal systemThe legal system in Sudan is based on English common law and Islamic sharia. Islamic law was implemented in all of the north as of 20 January 1991, by the now-defunct Revolutionary Command Council; this applies to all residents of the northern states regardless of their religion. The 2005 Naivasha Agreement, ending the civil war between North and South Sudan, established some protections for non-Muslims in Khartoum. International Court of Justice jurisdiction is accepted, though with reservations. Under the terms of the Naivasha Agreement, Islamic law does not apply in the south; the legal system there is still developing.[95]

The judicial branch of the northern government consists of a Constitutional Court of nine justices, the National Supreme Court and National Courts of Appeal, and other national courts; the National Judicial Service Commission provides overall management for the judiciary.
Text

en.wikipedia.org...

The U.S. government's 21 October 2002 Sudan Peace Act accused Sudan of genocide in the Second Sudanese Civil War (1983–2005), which has cost more than two million lives and has displaced more than four million people.[96][97] It is estimated that as many as 200,000 people had been taken into slavery during that war;[98][99] the slaves are mostly Dinka people.[100]

However, the number of war prisoners being forced into slavery increased significantly during and after the Second Sudanese Civil War, as Omar al-Bashir seized power in 1989 and created a totalitarian federal government supporting Arab militias terrorizing the southern regions, such as raiding non-Afro Arab villages and looting them both for property and for slaves.[101][102][103] Since 1995, international rights organizations such as Human Rights Watch and CASMAS have reported that slavery in Sudan is a common fate of captives in the Second Sudanese Civil War and rebels fighting in the Sudan People's Liberation Army in connections to the war in Darfur, while the 2002 report issued by the International Eminent Persons Group, acting with the encouragement of the U.S. State Department, found the SPLA and pro-government militias guilty of abduction of civilians as well.[104]

While the Sudanese government denies the allegations of in the country, claiming that these reports are attempts to shed a bad light on Muslims and so-called Arabs, and that programmes are fraudulent attempts to make money, the Rift Valley Institute's Sudan Abductee Database claim over 11,000 people were abducted in twenty years of slave-raiding in the southern regions,[105] while SudanActivism.com mentions that hundreds of thousands have been abducted into slavery, fled or are otherwise unaccounted for in a second genocide in southern Sudan.[106
Text

Unless this information above is false it is no different with what it written in the Koran and its historical nature of Islam developing through history.
So if people want freedom from this can you blame them?
The world is getting the picture about Islam being forced on people because it is not like the freedoms else where, there is no way out of it unless people die for it.
Looking at the Middle East today people want freedom they have had enough of Sharia and lack of woman’s rights they have been in the dark about it for centuries.
Expect more countries spilling apart where the World meets Islam ideology, the South Sudan will prosper without them.
The world has seen communism and now the world is seeing this, everything gets a turn.

edit on 9-7-2011 by The time lord because: spelling

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Is anyone wondering why US & UK were quick to recognise South Sudan? Well here's a hint even before South Sudan was even officially recognized as a country, it became host to one of the continent's largest land deals - a 49-year lease of 600,000 hectares of land to US-based firm NTD. For around $25,000, NTD has full rights to exploit all natural resources in the land during this period.

www.pambazuka.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EFGuy
Is anyone wondering why US & UK were quick to recognise South Sudan? Well here's a hint even before South Sudan was even officially recognized as a country, it became host to one of the continent's largest land deals - a 49-year lease of 600,000 hectares of land to US-based firm NTD. For around $25,000, NTD has full rights to exploit all natural resources in the land during this period.

www.pambazuka.org...

That's crazy!

According to the map in your article, it looks like China controls a fair bit of land there too.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It's true no one is interested when Africans kill each other probably the same applies to inner cities of where black Americans do the same even London and other parts of England its the same story. But then again if the West tries to help it is called interfering and when they don't help its back to being slaves and the resources mount to nothing.
They can now get involved once one side has become free and democratic based while the other the North is closed off in its religious dogma's that isloated it self and other people. So the UK and America probably can now help South Sudan without being involved in a war.
Whatever resources they have I hope they benefit from it and the rest of the world should not try and milk it, if they do then they should feel ashmed but then again do they care if that is the case?
Still don't know the whole story all this is new to me but that is how it sounds.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

You left out China, which has both of its hands in the pot in Sudan. Way more than the US or Europe.

Indeed. It seems that all the major powers of the world are fighting their little wars on Sudanian soil. Lets up this now decreases.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Reminds me of the CIA seal. Isn't it southern Sudan that contains the bulk of the resources?

Both the North and South are full of resources. The south is certainly under "Western/American" control whereas the North is under Arab control. Hence all the wars. Hopefully someday the country will be under actual Sudanese control.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon

Originally posted by AutomaticSlim

Another problem for the Republic of South Sudan, is the absence of something the globalists crave - a private central bank.

The Libyan rebels had already established a private central bank and oil company while, the South Sudanese have not.

Anytime a new country is established, can we guarantee it will not be immune to globalist manipulation?

While I commend the South Sudanese for gaining independence from the North after a generation of civil war, I can assure you big powers are deciding the destiny of the African continent...

That's amazing you bring this up. Because I was researching a different post and I came across this link.

www.visualeconomics.com...

The data is not quite up to date, but I believe the gist is correct. Look at the countries in the red versus in the black. And then I think about centralized banking and lo and behold! Libya is in the black and they specifically didn't want a central bank. They know the perils of being involved with central banking.

top topics

join