It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your definition of an "alien"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think

.....What is your definition of an "alien"? And when I say "alien" I'm talking about the weird creatures from other planets,.....

OK, How about we one day travel to other planets, galaxies, and/or dimensions and meet humanoids either exactly like us or similar to us. They would not be 'weird creatures' but might have a different history than us. Do we consider them to be 'aliens'?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

"Nice thread! My definition is yet unfulfilled as i am still connecting dots here and there. But i have come as far as actually believe there is more than just one type of alien species. Interdimensional creatures and physical beings that regularly visit us, and entities that can exist within both planes and really mess with our perceptions. I would recommend a book written this year '' Real aliens, space beings and creatures from other worlds'' by Brad Steiger and Sherry Hansen Steiger. I have got the impression that they are serious, and they have collected and investigated sightings/contactee/abductee reports over the years and makes their own conclusions. A very entertaining read indeed!

I must say i have never seen one nor have i seen a ufo. But to me - aliens do exist and they come from out there somewhere. People who say there is no possibility of life on other planets is simply denying our own existence."

Good concepts. Also many years ago Brad Steiger authored a book [he has authored many books on both aliens and the occult] and the title was "The Star People". In it he gives interesting perspectives on people who feel they have alien roots - in essence though they were physically born on this planet they actually come from elsewhere!

edit on 9-7-2011 by AlienView because: Quote necessary to maintain continuity for reply

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

I would, as some humans define people from other countries than their own birthplace to be ''aliens''. But I would not think of the subject as being racist or discriminating. I would have respected and listen intensely to their story and history as they ''are'' beings from another world even if they were to be exactly as us in appearance.Their culture would have been extremely different from ours, and maybe (and probably) better than our repulsing destructive society that we have to face today...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
A good answer I found online:

Alien: Different from the Environment.
Extraterrestrial: Not from this planet.

Therefore Alien can be from remote corners of the world Extraterrestrial cannot be from this world
edit on 10-7-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
reply to post by creatureme

"Nice thread! My definition is yet unfulfilled as i am still connecting dots here and there. But i have come as far as actually believe there is more than just one type of alien species. Interdimensional creatures and physical beings that regularly visit us, and entities that can exist within both planes and really mess with our perceptions. I would recommend a book written this year '' Real aliens, space beings and creatures from other worlds'' by Brad Steiger and Sherry Hansen Steiger. I have got the impression that they are serious, and they have collected and investigated sightings/contactee/abductee reports over the years and makes their own conclusions. A very entertaining read indeed!

I must say i have never seen one nor have i seen a ufo. But to me - aliens do exist and they come from out there somewhere. People who say there is no possibility of life on other planets is simply denying our own existence."

Good concepts. Also many years ago Brad Steiger authored a book [he has authored many books on both aliens and the occult] and the title was "The Star People". In it he gives interesting perspectives on people who feel they have alien roots - in essence though they were physically born on this planet they actually come from elsewhere!

edit on 9-7-2011 by AlienView because: Quote necessary to maintain continuity for reply

Yes, he also writes about the star people in the ''Real aliens, Space Beings and creatures from other worlds'', i think he has summed up pretty much of his research altogether in this book. I have a friend who has been told she is one of the starpeople
And she is pretty weird! In a good way that is

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by Time2Think

i see what your driving at! But no sorry by definition an alien cannot come from our own planet unless that alien is from a different dimension unknown to us.

the dimension scenario makes the most sense to me as to where aliens come from.
but i have never seen a grey or any other alien that looked 3rd dimensional.

and what alien beings i've seen, if they had not been seen by other people, cats and dogs, my logic would simply write everything off as my mental problem.

it's easy to understand why we know so little about these beings.
if you look at the event based on religious culture or from a scientific perspective, communicating the experience to other humans is difficult.

as a human seeing an alien does not make me an instant expert.
i have my own personal impressions of what, but overwhelmed by their presence, how accurate is that.

and most people are not ready for an alien presence, i've seen people go into total hysteria more than once.
and not recover for months.
and even those who handle it well, are still saying"but it's ok" months after the event.
or please don't ever talk to me about that day.

so most people are totally not ready for an encounter.

so maybe an alien is a being so beyond human comprehension, in intelligence and power, that we cannot know who they are.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

Ha ha ha your right.

EBE Type I. These entities are humanoid and might be mistaken for human beings of the Oriental race if seen from a distance. They are bipedal. 5-5 feet 4 inches in height and weigh 80-100 pounds. Proportionally they are similar to humans, although the cranium is somewhat larger and more rounded The skin is a pale, chalky-yellow in color, thick, and slightly pebbled in appearance. The eyes are small, wide-set, almond-shaped with brownish-black irises with very large pupils. The whites of the eyes are not like that of humans, but have a pale gray cast. The ears are small and set low on the skull The nose is thin and long, and the mouth is wider than in humans. and nearly lipless. There is no apparent facial hair and very little body hair, that being very fine and confined to the underarm and the groin area. The body is thin and without apparent body fat. but the muscles are well-developed. The hands are small, with four long digits but no opposable thumb. The outside digit is jointed in a manner as to be nearly opposable and there is no webbing between the fingers as in humans. The legs are slightly but noticeably bowed, and the feet are somewhat splayed and proportionally large.

EBE Type II. These entities are humanoid but differ from Type I in many respects. They are bipedal, 3 feet 5 inches - 4 feet 2 inches in height and weigh 25-50 pounds. Proportionally, the head is much larger than humans or Type I EBEs. the cranium being much larger and elongated. The eyes are very large, slanted, and nearly wrap around the side of the skull. They are black with no whites showing. There is no noticeable brow ridge, and the skull has a slight peak that runs over the crown. The nose consists of two small slits which sit high above the slit-like mouth. There are no external ears The skin is a pale bluish-gray color, being somewhat darker in the back of the creature, and is very smooth and fine-celled There is no hair in either the face or the body, and these creatures do not appear to be mammalian The arms are long in proportion to the legs, and the hands have three long, tapering fingers and a thumb which is nearly as long as the fingers. The second finger is thicker than the others, but not as long as the index finger. The feet are small and narrow, and four toes are joined together with a membrane. It is not definitely known where either type of creature originates, but it seems certain that they did not evolve on earth. It is further evident, although not certain, that they may have originated on two different planets.

www.impiousdigest.com... le&id=24

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join