It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard Drive In Cars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I got a car yesterday for when Im able to drive next year. Im wanting to put DD (Dedicated Debian) in it for music and videos. I got a 14in LCD to mount to the dashboard, and the speakers in the car can be easily wired to DD. How would the Hard Drive issue be solved? While the car is driving would the Hard Drive be safe? or is there anyway to keep it safe? A weird idea inspired by a movie I just saw is that the hard drive can be placed inside some sort of gyro. I know it sounds kinda weird...but would it work?

I was thinking of maybe Solid State Drives...but they are expensive and I only have 1$ in my wallet. Literally.

[Edited on 12-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
just donte install any think

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by leejones
just donte install any think

If you dont know what your talking about, dont say anything at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I would just make a bracket that has rubber grommets fitted to isolate the car vibration away from the HD. A simple U shaped bracket would suffice:

l l                           l l
l==============l

something like that.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by ben91069]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
hrm ive got a few mate who have done this im assuming your going to put a motherboard in?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Todays hard drives are very resistant, but to be on the safe side you can use a hard drive for a laptop, they are slower than the others but they are made to work while moving.

The temperature may be a problem, it gets too hot inside a car.

top topics

join