It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unit 731: History You May not Want to Learn (Warning: Extreme Content)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

How could something like this be kept secret?
Many people just don't want to know.
Many do not want to think about the horrible things the human race is capable of.
The truth is that WE know horrible things happen in war and in peace times.......We just don't want to deal with it.
Quad

the level of brutality is beyond anything I can imagine.
sad to think that something like this could be going on right now. we'd never know it.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
very interesting, thanks for the heads up. i'm doing some reading up on this and it's pretty hardcore. also some films were released, though they seem to be mostly horror flicks and not real documentaries, except for one i found. gotta check them out later

shame on the japanese govt and shame on the us govt for keeping this hush hush

at least germany doesn't hide their crimes and experimentation from the schools
edit on 25-4-2014 by MeteoraXV because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2014 by MeteoraXV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Just ran a quick check on you tube.
This film, "Man behind the Sun", is available. Along with several clips from the film and some versions in different languages.
There is also a couple of other films on the same unit.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

How could something like this be kept secret?

This is the same question which is currently being ask about a few more recent events in this nation's history.
I guess we will get the answers to all these questions at some time in the future.
But I seriously doubt it.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
so i've just watched the first part of 'philosophy of a knife' (2008) - a russian horror psuedo documentary on the subject. i'm not a gore fan but i'm not really bothered by gore either. i honestly appreciated the film as an artsy kind of horror documentary with nice sound and soundtrack. there were some pretty brutal scenes in it, so if you're a fan of that kind of stuff, well, it's on youtube. i'm pretty sure some of the extremely brutal experiments here didn't actually happen, even if the film says at the beginning that it's based on facts and witness accounts and archival material.

gonna watch the second part next saturday night

i've watched man behind the sun (1988) yesterday, if you want more accurate portrayal of what actually went down in the research complex, watch that one
edit on 26-4-2014 by MeteoraXV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This reminds of what my Grade 8 teacher once told me about how the Nazi's doing similar experiments like this with their concentration camp.

However, the difference with Hitler is he wouldn't allow biochemical or gas weapons to be used on the battlefield, due to their unpredictability. My teach said Hitler served late in WW1, he and his team released some mustard gas, and the wind shifted and turned on him. If I remember him saying that correctly.

Odd thing is, Russia freed alot more people from the camps then the Allies did. The Allies supposedly did not find out till Hitler shot himself.

Savagery in such chivalrous times.

S&F

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AeonStorm

Totally disgusting. I have researched it before.

The main players never faced trial in exchange to the US government no prosecution for their research. Many rose to CEOs of medical corporation or hospital administrators . Most lived a long and fulfilling affluent life after they killed and tortured so many.

USA coveted the research so much justice never happened .

They deserved 2 things a tall tree and a short rope just let the vulture and scavengers take care of the burial .

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think I missed that in my 7th grade history class. I’m sure there’s a lot more we don’t know about history than we do know. Rose tinted glasses and all that. But, we only know what we’re told, or read. The rest gets swept under the rug while we ignorantly/blissfully go about our way.

What a cruel, brutal, merciless, self-serving species we are. Sometimes I wonder if these are the traits necessary to be at the top of the food chain. Maybe so. I wonder if this sort of obscenity is just part of the package for any truly “successful” life form. Is “survival of the fittest” just a nice way of saying it’s a dog-eat-dog world? Being an “intelligent” creature, we allow ourselves to rationalize any behavior we choose; regardless of how heinous and disturbing it may be. What’s right, what’s wrong, what’s good, what’s bad? Who knows? I guess it just depends on who you ask, or what side of the fence you happen to end up on. We just tell ourselves the means justifies the end, and then we “get ‘er done”.

It’s a cryin’ shame. What a sad commentary on our plight in this world. Nature’s full of contradictions. It can be so beautiful and majestic, while at the same time shockingly violent beyond comprehension. If there are other “intelligent”, sentient creatures out there, I wonder if they’re like us?

Seriously, could an intelligent, but benign, peaceful and compassionate life form possibly survive in this cold, unforgiving universe? I wonder...

Nice thread, subfab. Makes you think...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: netbound
I think I missed that in my 7th grade history class. I’m sure there’s a lot more we don’t know about history than we do know. Rose tinted glasses and all that. But, we only know what we’re told, or read. The rest gets swept under the rug while we ignorantly/blissfully go about our way.

What a cruel, brutal, merciless, self-serving species we are. Sometimes I wonder if these are the traits necessary to be at the top of the food chain. Maybe so. I wonder if this sort of obscenity is just part of the package for any truly “successful” life form. Is “survival of the fittest” just a nice way of saying it’s a dog-eat-dog world? Being an “intelligent” creature, we allow ourselves to rationalize any behavior we choose; regardless of how heinous and disturbing it may be. What’s right, what’s wrong, what’s good, what’s bad? Who knows? I guess it just depends on who you ask, or what side of the fence you happen to end up on. We just tell ourselves the means justifies the end, and then we “get ‘er done”.

It’s a cryin’ shame. What a sad commentary on our plight in this world. Nature’s full of contradictions. It can be so beautiful and majestic, while at the same time shockingly violent beyond comprehension. If there are other “intelligent”, sentient creatures out there, I wonder if they’re like us?

Seriously, could an intelligent, but benign, peaceful and compassionate life form possibly survive in this cold, unforgiving universe? I wonder...

Nice thread, subfab. Makes you think...

yeah, this is something that should be in history books. so we can learn from our mistakes. instead it is omitted and we are doomed to repeat.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Ethics really get in the way of scientific progress. Just wish we could make use of death penalties for crimes to give inmates a choice. Regular death sentence as ruled by the court, or a Year of un-ethical science experimentation, with a parole upon surviving.

Experimenting on humans is unanimously a bad thing, but following generations would reap the benefits. Just like in WW2 those Nazi doctors were torturing their prisoners. I agree with general opinion that it is horrible what they did, one of my own close relatives was in one of the camps. To add to the horrible fact that most of those experiments were more like a child playing with a bug rather than science.

I am not a fan of murder and death (outside of video games and movies) but while we have a death penalty in the country, might as well put it to a good use.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join