It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Well, I am on page 2 of your thread and have decided to go re-watch the end of season one.

At the beginning of 2012 I had no idea that FiM existed. I had decided, out of boredom of tv shows, to youtube some classic pony episodes (which I was very much into at a young age) and pull out my old pony toys for my 3 year old daughter. When I first saw that there was a new show, FiM, I was irritated. Nothing could compare to my classic ponies. My daughter was immediately more interested in the FiM series (I assume because of the brighter colors and cleaner picture) and there was an abundance of FiM on youtube, so I started turning it on for her each day. After the series opener, I am hooked. Part of me thinks that I may be more into this show than my daughter is. And considering it is 1 am and I want to watch the episode about pinkie pies history by myself...

Funny thing is, before I stumbled onto this thread, I had just been talking to my sister; who had just began watching the show on Netflix (due to her past pony obsession, like mine.) and she is also really into it as well. She told me that she was intrigued by the fact that she found she could relate to these ponies, even at 30 years old. She told me her husband sat down with her and they watched an episode together and even he was very entertained. (A Pinkie Fan, apparently)

I, and my family (my husband included, yet he doesn't know yet) Also welcome our pony overlords. May their reign be long and enemies be wasted before them.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
On The Same Page

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
Well, I am on page 2 of your thread and have decided to go re-watch the end of season one.

Wow, page 2? That's a page further than most people who visit this thread, so I must congratulate you on your diligence.

I definitely share your sentiments about our new pony overlords, and indeed, bring good tidings of great joy.

Are you ready?

[color=#FFFF00]SEASON FOUR WILL HAVE 26 EPISODES!

Equestria Daily: 26 Episodes in Season 4 Confirmed

[color=#FFFF00]AWWWW YEAHHH!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Alrighty... A full season season rather than a half-sized one!

And before anyone asks, I mustache you what makes people suspect I'm a brony?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Not for nothing... but if I were put into a Thunderdome type situation and told I could choose between fighting twenty-five 1% bikers - or five Bronies... I'd pick the bikers. There is something totally unnerving about the whole My Little Pony thing that just scares the bejeesus out of me.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Primo 'Stache

Originally posted by pauljs75

I have a theory...

Beyond Thunderdome

Originally posted by Hefficide

Not for nothing... but if I were put into a Thunderdome type situation and told I could choose between fighting twenty-five 1% bikers - or five Bronies... I'd pick the bikers. There is something totally unnerving about the whole My Little Pony thing that just scares the bejeesus out of me.

Say hello to your worst nightmare...

A Biker, a Brony and a proud "Clopper".

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Primo 'Stache

Originally posted by pauljs75

I have a theory...

Beyond Thunderdome

Majic, m'dear...

Dusty (in that vid) is one of my good friends -- we go back decades. He's also a Furry (as in "furry fandom") and has done some amazing custom work on Harleys. Top notch welder, in addition to being the proud owner of some Mighty Magnificent Facial Hair.

...it probably says something that I don't consider either of those guys (don't know the second one) my "personal nightmare." But I'm not going to examine that further.
edit on 17-4-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
And while we're at it, you can also get current MLP news at The Manliest Brony site -- Dusty's doing interviews with some of the voice actors and other folks involved with the show.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
He's A Man, Man

reply to post by Byrd

Wait... you know The Manliest Brony in the World?

Can I have your autograph?

Despite my extensive research into Bronydom, I wasn't aware of The Manliest Website in the World (there are hundreds of Pony-related websites out there, and more being added as we speak), so thanks for the link!

The fact that Friendship is Magic is able to appeal to even the most macho adult males is one of the many things I find intriguing about the show. The fact that so many "manly men" are willing to be open about being fans of the show represents, in my view, a form of "men's liberation".

And when I see something like this, I know the show's simple but important message is finding a welcome audience:

You want to know what's manly? Sharing. Giving. Caring. Donating to worthy causes. Doing good works. Being a good person. There's nothing more studly, more two-fisted brawny, more macho than helping others.

Damn straight.

It's very cool that you know Dusty, and have known him for so long. Hey, it just occurred to me: now I can say I know someone who knows The Manliest Brony in the World, which makes me vicariously famous!

And with a moustache which has been the subject of three wars, I suppose it should come as no surprise he's a Furry as well.

Truly a manly man of many talents.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Dusty's a hoot... and someone who can intimidate a room full of rowdies with just a loom and a stare (he's GREAT on security detail!) Sweetest guy in the world, too, and one of those guys who deserves to be much better known. I'll be getting more into the Brony cons and the Steampunk cons after the dissertation is done.

Do you want a report of the Dallas Nightmare Night in this thread later this year?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Still updating I see. I have found ponies being referenced on many sites I visit regularly. It's really amazing how ponies have taken off. They have ranged from Cthulhu themed ponies to fan made animation. Don't know if anyone has see this one but it seems very good to me. The description is:

This short animation tells the tale of what would have been the origin of Nightmare Night, and the catalyst element that forced Celestia to banish Luna.

After defeating Discord, Canterlot was witnessing a very slow recovery. Misery could still be found everywhere around, specially for the ponies that had less means.

Luna thought that expanding the kingdom and founding a new pony colony elsewhere would put a solution to the problem, favorizing the ponies that struggled the most.

Celestia declined the proposal of her sister to scatter Equestria. For after such a great lack of harmony she thought it could shatter the kingdom forever.

Being denied and in the shadow of her own sister, Luna decided to carry on with her plan, and ask for forgiveness rather than permission.

Anyway, here is the Children of the Night.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

this pic reminded me of this thread.

we all should make more effort to dress like this everyday. I am sure it bring a lot of happiness to People.

edit on CDT07000000Thu, 11 Sep 2014 07:55:15 -05005515am253 by Thurisaz because:

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join