It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trader Made Billions on Subprime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

On Wall Street, the losers in the collapse of the housing market are legion. The biggest winner looks to be John Paulson, a little-known hedge fund manager who smelled trouble two years ago.

Funds he runs were up $15 billion in 2007 on a spectacularly successful bet against the housing market. Mr. Paulson has reaped an estimated $3 billion to $4 billion for himself -- believed to be the largest one-year payday in Wall Street history.

Link to 2008 article

I haven't seen this article before and searched for it on ATS, with no results, but decided to post it since it's very interesting.

This John Paulson is connected with George Soros as stated in the Article, Obama, and probably Nicholas Sarkozy

The same John Paulson is also under SEC investigation because of his betting on Goldman Sachs

If anyone has some more information about other connections, please ad them, I haven't been able to find any CFR connection, but with that kind of money I think he'll be invited soon.

edit on 5-7-2011 by Grey Magic because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
if he's connected to soros, he mostly didn't smell trouble 2 years ago, but caused trouble.

i don't shed a tear, it's mostly greedy thieves preying on the greed of ignorant and arrogant idiots who act like they're one of the elites because they have $15,000 in some hedge fund. or own .00000000001% of coca cola.

i do feel sorry for anyone who was bullied or tricked into investing, by drooling commission seeking sharks looking to put a down payment on a porsche.

edit on 5-7-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Behind every windfall is a hustle.

I really don't have more to say about that.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The MSM smelt trouble a couple of years before the collapse, but that does not make him innocent. There are a lot of unanswered questions remaining with 'What the HELL Happened!?'. Where is the money is always a great start when looking to get to the bottom of it all.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If he's guilty of something then let him be brought up on charges.

If he's just good then I shall send him my money to invest.

new topics

top topics

join