It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue Cops Seize Control Of AZ Town

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thanks for the links. I've read over them. So it was an election that started the whole thing? Sounds like the backdoor politics in my town. People in small towns can get very spiteful.

For example, our county commission is withholding funding for our chamber of commerce because someone's feelings got hurt when told he couldn't serve on both due to a conflict of interest. I can't tell you how many jobs these butt heads have costs us. Yet, we still keep electing the same dummies...sigh.

This isn't NWO. The poster who said it was just small town politics is right. It's been going on forever. There's usually not many people the politicians have to answer too. Many citizens don't even bother to vote because they're too busy trying to keep a roof over there heads and food on the table. The citizens that do bother to vote for new blood are usually outvoted by the older generation who grew up with these people and abide by "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours".

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by therealdemoboy

Hardly. Seizure of control would see the police in control of all resources, limiting freedoms to all persons and organisations within the town wholesale, and turning the entire town into a miniature police state, with armed men at every corner, and all dissenters either shot or arrested.
In reality, unless you have the Syria situation on your hands, what you actualy have is an isolated incident of the police involving themselves, in an unacceptable manner in the politics of the area. That is no where near the same as a control seizure.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

My sentiments, too! And, yes, thanks to Annee for all the links.

Hell hath no fury like a confronted councilman, who then sends out his flying monkeys.

Re a prior post mentioning big box stores. Sometimes a city council truly representing its citizenry is faced with extortion. In a nearby community, WalMart simply said, Ok, if you don't want us here, we'll build right outside your city, right next to the city limit line, so that way we don't have to pay you any taxes.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
reply to post by tncryptogal

My sentiments, too! And, yes, thanks to Annee for all the links.

Hell hath no fury like a confronted councilman, who then sends out his flying monkeys.

Thanks. I would love to see Quartzite thrive. It could be/become an awesome art festival tourist type situation - - - with the right management.

Also - - at this point they have nothing for the teens in the area. In "growing pains" you also loose some freedoms. Teens used to be allowed at the local Karaoke - - but now they are banned by age restriction.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
hi i wrote that article, more like reposted the video but i just interviewd the woman jade jones and wrote this update. im scared to post links on this strict site but its at before its news title is terror of tiny town--AZ rogue cop update. that town is nut i only hade space for half of what she told me check it out.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The police are so difficult to gauge bc there are no background tests like FBI or CIA, they are simply hired and you can't really judge their character

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Why is the common response to an unjust government to toss them out in the next election in hopes of voting someone better in. In all the generations of elections has that ever happened? You typically replace one tyranny with another. Want to make a difference in the world? Stop electing people to lead you and set the course for your own life.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhyberDragon
reply to post by Hessling

Why is the common response to an unjust government to toss them out in the next election in hopes of voting someone better in. In all the generations of elections has that ever happened? You typically replace one tyranny with another. Want to make a difference in the world? Stop electing people to lead you and set the course for your own life.

You mean let people have the FREEDOM to live as they wish?
We can't have that!
Man must be tightly controled by TPTB and allowed to only "think" he is free by constantly repeating the montra, "I am FREE! I am FREE! I am FREE!"

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join