It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hacker group hits Apple, publishes data

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Its amazing how many people are not only ignorant to Apple's evils, but they will defend them like they are their own family. For a lot of people, Apple (and many other corporations) can do no wrong and people refuse to listen when you try to explain the corruption, exploitation and outright evil practices they engage in to succeed and maintain it.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

corruption, exploitation and outright evil practices they engage in to succeed

Which would you prefer (if you could choose?)

1.) 10 big corporations competing with each other.

or

2.) 1 huge corporation not competing with anyone.

Which one do you think is the lesser of two evils?

edit on 8-7-2011 by matito because:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
After reading some of the above posts I decided to delete my post. Seems apple is a valid target after all.

edit on 8-7-2011 by djzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by matito

Why do I have to choose between the 2? Those are not the only options. Personally I would prefer many small local companies in competition with each other. The way the global corporations have been allowed to buy out / force small businesses under is criminal.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

Attacking sony and apple seem to be rather fruitless ventures, why not hit the federal reserve?

THE WORLD IS BIGGER THAN AMERICA.

You can sort out the federal reserve bullcrap yourselves. Just organize one hundred thousand people and rush the federal reserve headquarters...see if you can't trample the criminals with your voice.

Sony and Apple are multi-nationals. They do harm to people around the globe and they turn humans into slaves.

Can you comprehend this?

Good going Anon, I've been advising people against buying Apple products. Sadly, most people are so stuck in the consumer world...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Why do I have to choose between the 2? Those are not the only options.

It's a hypothetical question where those would be the only two options. In real life they are not the only options. It's to make a point.

Personally I would prefer many small local companies in competition with each other.

I completely agree. That is the way it should be, yet unfortunately it isn't the way it is (in many industries). The politically supported capitalistic enterprise system is constantly trying to eliminate smaller competing companies. If not by acquisition, then by putting them out of business.

A few years ago there was Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and Cingular. 5 cell phone giants.
AT&T bought CIngular & now wants to buy T-Mobile. That will leave only 3 cell phone giants.
Sprint will fade away and Verizon and AT&T will become megagiants. Leaving only 2.
One step away from a monopoly. Prices will soar. Service quality will decline.
Competition keeps global corporations in check (to some degree).
Especially when there is no gov't intervention.

The way the global corporations have been allowed to buy out / force small businesses under is criminal.

In many cases it is. Yet within the technology field, it's usually a mutually beneficial acquisition. A considerable amount of technology in use by Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc. has been obtained from smaller businesses that were acquired by these industry giants for a hefty paycheck. A lot of technology and software in use today were all initially developed by smaller businesses that chose to cash out on their work. So in a way, smaller businesses have benefited greatly, at least for now.

List of tech acquisitions:
buzzintechnology.com...

Now look at ITune iPhone and iPad apps. Do you know how many very small businesses sprung out of nowhere and flourished because of this opportunity from Apple? Programmers became millionaires almost overnight (i.e. Angry Birds Game). Unknown musicians were selling music on iTunes. If Apple is taken down then the thousands of small businesses that depend on Apple are also taken down. The same goes for Google and Facebook.

I'm debating in terms of business economics. So it may be difficult to understand my point.

When Apple does something unethical, then I agree that they need to be made aware of it. And the general public and media needs to be made aware of it. By hacking Apple, the main thing that gets on the news is that Anon hacked Apple. No one knows why. Anon is portrayed as the bad guy and Apple the victim.

I guess it can be said that "bad publicity is better than no publicity"

edit on 8-7-2011 by matito because:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Please don't take me as someone who supports apple, not one cent of my money has ever gone to them. My only point was that there seemed to be more pressing matters than apple.

However, if you cared to read the rest of thread you would have also noted my post above.

After reading some of the above posts I decided to delete my post. Seems apple is a valid target after all.

And btw, that was me who starred your post.
edit on 8-7-2011 by djzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Apple is a big hitter in the tech industry but by no means have they really served to change the monopolized status of Microsoft. Apple is just as much if not more of a monopoly on their corner of the market. To use Apple you must buy Apple and to buy Apple you are then forced into using only Apple products and their hardware. Microsoft isn't half the Monopoly in a true business sense that Apple has become. Microsoft just made a more adaptable and programming friendly product than Macintosh in the beginning. A lot of other tech companies were around in the beginning trying to become the staple OS provider.. Unfortunately Windows beat them to the punch with a better product. Now by no means am I saying Microsoft is the end all be all god send. I use Ubuntu and distributions of Debian on the Linux platform just as much as Windows. People choose to develop for Microsoft because it is often easier.. There are more resources and you don't have to jump through as many hoops as you do with Apple. If Apple and Microsoft were both equally sharing the market, Apple's customers are the ones that would be the most pigeon-holed and monopolized.

Also, don't hold Apple up like they are some saintly corporation who has created thousands of jobs and potential market branches. If Apple wasn't there someone else would have done it.. Google already has. Industry and markets and driven by need. Innovation is driven by the need to have an edge. It is inevitable that we have the tech that we do now. If it wasn't Microsoft or Apple then someone else would be doing it.

Anonymous has attacked Apple to bring attention to Apple. Anonymous is saying.. These guys did something and it effects us all, so we are going to try and take them down a peg. Microsoft could be next, who knows.
Apple and Microsoft are not your friends and other mega-corporations aren't either... Their product may be, but the corporations are not. Neither of them care about you further than the dollar you put in their pocket.

It is up to us, the ones who truly make this world work. Without us, their corporations mean nothing. Without our labor and combined effort the fat cats are skinny. We are the fuel that drives the machine of corporate greed and success. We drive the economy. If you wanna see a difference, pull yourself up by your bootstraps and make it happen. Don't sit idly by as someone else does it. Destroy the filth and greed starting with you.

Be the change that you want to see.

Bravo Anonymous. Bravo.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join