It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Want To Sound Stupid But.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I don't understand how you are supposed to reply to someone's post if you just want to reply to a particular person. Because when I write something it usually doesn't end up going underneath the person I am trying to reply to. I mean what do those options mean that say 'quote' and 'reply.' I wrote an email to the website but no one sent me an answer. I find this website confusing.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Reply shows that you reply to that certain person...

Quote will quote their entire post, in addition to saying who you are replying too, so you can comment back on certain points within that quote

or you can just reply to the whole topic and not a specific person(bottom right corner of the entire post)
edit on 4-7-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

yea it works a little differently here but when you hit reply or quote it notifies the member that someone responded to them

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie

See this is what reply only does...

I don't understand how you are supposed to reply to someone's post if you just want to reply to a particular person. Because when I write something it usually doesn't end up going underneath the person I am trying to reply to. I mean what do those options mean that say 'quote' and 'reply.' I wrote an email to the website but no one sent me an answer. I find this website confusing.

Then the quote does the reply, and also quotes your original post...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591

yea it works a little differently here but when you hit reply or quote it notifies the member that someone responded to them

You have to have that enabled cause I've never been notified.

And OP, please don't think you're stupid for not knowing, we all have something we don't quite understand so be glad you asked

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

really? Hmm must be something that can be enabled, I dont get that... only when I check "myATS" Do i see the latest replied threads, that I have subscribed too

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Go to your messages, then click on "Replies" situated to the right of where it says "Inbox". The last username you should see is mine as I've just replied to you. It'll give a link to this post as well.

edit on 4-7-2011 by Rising Against because: Added information.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I just learned something new! It's awesome when someone else asks a great question!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by mb2591

And OP, please don't think you're stupid for not knowing, we all have something we don't quite understand so be glad you asked

have you checked the replies tab in your message box?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Thanks guys, learn something new every day.

Di I need a second line? Meh, I'll throw some random comment in to make up the criteria just in case. SHAZAM!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

It notifies you under replies where you get your messages. Just click replies, and you'll see them listed. it doesn't notify you like a message,though.

OOps..see someone has steered you in the right direction already..

edit on 4-7-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Thanks guys, learn something new every day.

Di I need a second line? Meh, I'll throw some random comment in to make up the criteria just in case. SHAZAM!

that was cute..

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

No thank you very much.
Nice to know and all but that would drive me bonkers.
I'm glad that option is nicely hidden.

edit on 4-7-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Nice to know and all but that would drive me bonkers

Oh, It does. I end up checking it every 5 minutes.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I just hit the reply to button..

go ahead and give it a try....

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

This was a BRILLIANT question. I learned a lot in this thread.
Thank you everyone for your grand tips! ♥♥♥♥♥

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I am so glad that someone was not afraid to ask about something they did not understand...it is refreshing to know that nobody threw rocks at you for asking.

So on that note...I have been around here for a minute and I understand almost all there is to know about embedding and such...but today I ran across a youtube video that I just could not get to embed...very frustrating...so instead of asking advice from my fellow members here on ATS...I gave up. I didn't want to sound stupid...imagine that...

Anyway I still cannot figure out the video and have read every word on every thread for embedding with no luck...anyone have any idea?

I am flagging and starring this thread because I think it is admirable to ask questions when you don't know...something I learned is very valuable in life and even on a conspiracy site.

Even old dogs can learn new tricks sometimes!

top topics

join