It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Researcher Needs Camera Advise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Over the years since i was a little kid Ive been graced and fortunate to have witnessed many Ufo events that continue to this very day. and over the years i have made several attempts to record or photograph these events but the equipment i used just wasn't good enough to get the desired results and i always ended up with blur or darkness. so now I've concluded that i need the proper equipment and to get serious about documenting my wealth of phenomenon opportunities. what I'm wanting to know is if there are any other researchers or photographers that know the pros and cons of various cameras,filters,,lenses, and techniques i could use to get the greatest results in my quest? one important factor is that i need to use digital/film, i read somewhere that the Sony Handycam 8mm shot on a tape that could be digitized straight on to your computer. the reason i need it on film is to prove there will be no CGI or manipulation on the film originals so i can become a trusted source to investigate, unlike most of these charlatans who constantly try to slip by some cheesy CGI garbage on digital cameras, which hurts the real deal and pushes real honest researchers further away from the truth and the investigation.

SO! who knows what and what advice can you share that will be useful enough that soon i can be sharing my documented experiences with you alls???..

Camera Makers, Models numbers,ETC

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I would love to see some pictures and videos made with a Hasselblad Camera.

Hope you can afford them.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
I would love to see some pictures and videos made with a Hasselblad Camera.

Hope you can afford them.

well i was actually looking for something reasonably priced, i know there are nice , even older cameras out there, i just don't know which ones which and which one to steer clear of

specifically camcorder with night shot capability and high res zoom, something that can actually cut stills from the tape as well

edit on 3-7-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I once saw what I was certain was a UFO and have since beleived. I am not as fortunate as yourself though, despite watching the sky on a very regular basis since I have never seen another so I wonder if you have some kind of tips/advice regarding how you have frequent sightings?

Sorry to be slightly off-topic, I have no advice to give regarding photo/video equipment but wish you all the best in your search!

edit on 3/7/11 by Tachalka because: Clarity

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tachalka
I once saw what I was certain to be a UFO and have since beleived. I am not as fortunate as yourself though, despite watching the sky on a very regular basis since I have never seen another so I wonder if you have some kind of advice regarding how you have frequent sightings?

Sorry to be slightly off-topic, I have advice regarding photo/video equipment but with you all the best in your search!

I'm not sure but most likely location is everything, the other aspect is knowing what you're looking at in the night skies. sometimes you might think you're looking at a satellite but in fact it is in reality an Identifiable object of unknown origin "IOOUO"

I live in southern Missouri and the night skies will never let you down if you're investigating this phenomenon, sometimes they are totally awesome shows which make you want even more to capture them on video

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I did spend a while researching cameras a while ago as I was looking to upgrade, but did not as I would have to upgrade my laptop as well for full compatibility. I decided to go with the Canon 5D range of cameras as it has heaps of mega pixels and Full HD video compatibility at a reasonable price. Your lens is also going to be very important to get in a get a good zoom and picture of the object. Think about a tripod as well or else it will be very shaky when using super zooms.

As for the digital / film credibility debate, there is software around that can determine if video has been manipulated. It is based on the noise pattern that is unique to each CMOS sensor. This forensic analysis is still fairly high end but gradually becoming more mainstream.

new topics

top topics

join