It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Advice for my site.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I just created my site on May 25, 2011 and I believe the content is funny and unique. However, I am lacking quality user feedback. I was wondering if anyone could visit my site and give me advice about how to make it better and more compelling.

SultanStyle.com

Questions:
Is it interesting to you? Why?
How can I improve it?
Are the placement of my Google ads ok?
What do you like? Why?
What dont you like? Why?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Event Horizon

I just checked out your site and I think it's perfect!

You did it in Wordpress and it doesn't look blocky and the design is nice!

The placement of ads is perfect too. It's clean, organized and easy to navigate.

You don't need to change a thing. Great job!!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I agree with tetra. Your site looks great!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TETRA.X

You did it in Wordpress and it doesn't look blocky and the design is nice!

You don't need to change a thing. Great job!!

Thank you TETRA.X. Are you a web designer? This was my first time using WordPress. Its so much easier! I dont have a clue how to use more advanced PHP code so this is great.

Originally posted by tinker9917
I agree with tetra. Your site looks great!

Thank you tinker9917

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Event Horizon

I used to be in the web industry. (QA, IA and production)

You really did a great job! PHP is a pain!!! LOL!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
To be honest it was very dull, there was too much text and not many pictures... What attracts visitors more is colour
and pictures!
Just remember that next time and you will be fine!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Looks ok to me.
One thing you may or may not consider is changing from one of the default Wordpress themes to one that you might like a little better. Several sites offer them for free. Then depending on what else you want to do with your site, utilizing the plugins function can help.

Great humor there by the way.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I have done web design and programming professionally for more than half a decade and independently for over a decade. I may not be the normal consensus but this is what I think of it (yes, I'll be critical but not too critical)

Q) Is it interesting to you? Why?
A) Not really, because I have no idea what its purpose is. I'm supposed to be lead to believe that this site is operated by a wealthy oil giant when there are generic ads and a low-end word-press website? I don't mean this in a bad way, I'm just very confused, which is why I have no idea what this website is about.

Are the placement of my Google ads ok?
Rule #1 about ads, never put it in place of your header or at the very top of your website. It makes me think that all you're trying to do is promote advertisements and not whatever you're trying to do. Discreet placement would be ideal, if you can't find a spot in between articles, then try the classic right-menu advertisement thing. Well, I just looked around again and it seems that some of your pages does have this. I'm a little confused on the lack of uniformity.

How can I improve it?
You could start by trying to give a motive for someone to find your website or to continue reading. The first thing you see is an about page, but it also doesn't look like the kind of website you would want to go to to find out legitimate information about someone. Let's say you are Sultan, would you want to confuse people with a ridiculous amount of information or would you like to invite them to go page to page to find out more about you? Imagine a storybook, the more you read, the more you want to see the rest of the book. Same goes for a website and this works great for ads and SEO.

What do you like? Why?
I like the animated gif of the oil well on the about page, because it reminds me of the drinking bird from the Simpsons and that makes me smile.

What dont you like? Why?
I'm not saying I don't like it, I just think it's a little confusing that's all. You don't need to go all out and remake the website but I'm confused by many reasons, such as who is this person? Why is this alleged rich person on here? Why can't this person afford to hire a professional crew? And why am I focused on the advertisements and the header banner? Half the page on a 1920x1200 screen isn't even information, it's just needless ads and visuals.

I hope my response wasn't too critical or offensive in any way. I just gave you my opinion on it and I hope you could take it into consideration. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
its clean and easy to nav, i would like to see some foxy woman from the sultans tent..

top topics

join