It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black on black campus violence! (Crazy Video!)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Wow, so, anyone who wants a high position in american life is a sellout, huh? And that, right there, encapsulates the hell black folks get from other black folks for achieving anything at all in america. when you say "sell their soul" you're just using polite language for oreo, house 'n-word', and so forth. it's the worst kind of, first of all, factually incorrect, but furthermore, self-hating, self-defeatist thinking that KEEPS US DOWN. It's that kind of vicious attack on black folks by black folks that keep black folks from going forward as a whole, instead of the splintered mess we have now. jewish people were enslaved, but they overcame and work as one big unit. same with asians, and, hell africans too. all these cultures come here with pocket change and own businesses of their own in 10 years or less, and get on with their lives..only black folks INSIST on attacking our best and brightest as inauthentic and sellouts..and, yeah, I have actually gotten to the point where I consider myself an american of african descent, not "black" at all. if you think about it, "black" is meaningless. I'm american. I have no connection to the people calling themselves black nowadays, as they themselves remind me every time I use proper grammar, instead of screaming "yo yo wuzzup nigga". they think they're keepin' it real, and they are...

real #ing stupid.
edit on 4-7-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

Now my use of "sellout" isn't the same as often hurtled by ignorant people. I mean that a black person has to sell out or "go all in" into this white culture. A black person must present themselves as being non-threatening to white people.

I'm not saying this is wrong, as I later digressed, I see this as being the answer and actually related to a Moorish teaching. This Moorish teaching says we as black people should no longer see ourselves as "black". That's accepting of a label which further circulates the circle of ingnorance many are trapped in.

As you say, we should see ourselves as being "american" not black american.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma

Sigh...I hate to do this but you obviously did not read the entire thread. Go back one page and read my entire port.

Again I will say that the perpetrators of this fight HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CARNIVAL nor did they have any real ties to the West Indian community.

These were neighborhood thugs/gangs fighting and unfortunately the fight spilled over and into the carnival.

The carnival runs annually on Georgia Avenue for aprox. the past 10 year and NEVER has such as thing as this happened.

Educate yourself dude.

Yeah I noted what you stated and can figure this. Of course I'm all too familiar with the local thugs fugging up the party for everyone...LOL!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Wow, so, anyone who wants a high position in american life is a sellout, huh? And that, right there, encapsulates the hell black folks get from other black folks for achieving anything at all in america. when you say "sell their soul" you're just using polite language for oreo, house 'n-word', and so forth. it's the worst kind of, first of all, factually incorrect, but furthermore, self-hating, self-defeatist thinking that KEEPS US DOWN. It's that kind of vicious attack on black folks by black folks that keep black folks from going forward as a whole, instead of the splintered mess we have now. jewish people were enslaved, but they overcame and work as one big unit. same with asians, and, hell africans too. all these cultures come here with pocket change and own businesses of their own in 10 years or less, and get on with their lives..only black folks INSIST on attacking our best and brightest as inauthentic and sellouts..and, yeah, I have actually gotten to the point where I consider myself an american of african descent, not "black" at all. if you think about it, "black" is meaningless. I'm american. I have no connection to the people calling themselves black nowadays, as they themselves remind me every time I use proper grammar, instead of screaming "yo yo wuzzup nigga". they think they're keepin' it real, and they are...

real #ing stupid.

Now my use of "sellout" isn't the same as often hurtled by ignorant people. I mean that a black person has to sell out or "go all in" into this white culture. A black person must present themselves as being non-threatening to white people.

I'm not saying this is wrong, as I later digressed, I see this as being the answer and actually related to a Moorish teaching. This Moorish teaching says we as black people should no longer see ourselves as "black". That's accepting of a label which further circulates the circle of ingnorance many are trapped in.

all due respect, but you're being weasel-ly. sellout is just that. it doesn't mean something different when YOU say it
and you go on to describe someone who turns their back on their culture to fit into white culture. it's not a compliment. It's possible to exist in "white" culture without selling out. america was built by people who assimilated to a certain degree, while keeping true to their roots. again, only black folks see this as a negative. I've seen plenty of other cultures assimilate into american society and not get the accusations lobbed at them that black people lob at each other. my last post in this thread, I've made my point.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It's not black on black if it's a Caribbean festival. The Trinnies, Jamaicans, Haitians and Bahamians aren't all going to get along. It's like saying WWII was white on white war.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yeah I've seen this before...I think right now you have a lot of gang violence and gang mentality spreading around. Definitely a lot of "rep yo city" baloney and the like. The gang and mob mentality is going to increase ten fold simply b/c the economy is bad. There have been a lot of people(Of all races) being robbed and killed...the news doesn't seem to make a big deal about it but crime is definitely on the rise.
Purdue Football Player Found

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

real #ing stupid.

all due respect, but you're being weasel-ly. sellout is just that. it doesn't mean something different when YOU say it
and you go on to describe someone who turns their back on their culture to fit into white culture. it's not a compliment. It's possible to exist in "white" culture without selling out. america was built by people who assimilated to a certain degree, while keeping true to their roots. again, only black folks see this as a negative. I've seen plenty of other cultures assimilate into american society and not get the accusations lobbed at them that black people lob at each other. my last post in this thread, I've made my point.

I'll say again, sellout/all-in, not said in a negative light....or rather no longer in a negative light.

Yes, it is about time for blacks, whites, hispanics, whatever to come together and identify with just an AMERICAN culture. Of course you will have elements from your native culture, but for the sake of peace and coming together as one, people must sign up for the american culture. The American culture which originated as a white European culture.

Of course it's possible to exist in white culture with out selling out, but you're not going to make it to say President or CEO of a major corp...it's just not going to happen. At best you'd have to be able to....I forget the term, but it's where a black person acts one way around his family/friends and differently around corporate America.

And yes, other cultures are called sellouts when they become successful in America.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigma91
Alright, I can't be the only one that just busted up laughing as the cops showed up on Segways right?

That was the last thing I expected to see. Priceless.

That's exactly right! Twenty-plus behemoths in a fist-fight and Howard University calls the four-man campus "segway squad." ....Hey guys....break it up now...

And then they were absent from the rest of the footage! It's goin' down. Star for you!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fatefulday

Wrong again. Read my account of what really happened on page 8 of this thread. Howard University Security had nothing to do with this affair. This was the DC Carnival sponsored by the city of Washington DC. It just happened to be on the adjacent street, Georgia Ave, which is in front of HU. The police you see are DC Police.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join