It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Longest Bridge ... WHOA... Must see.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Man, I hate bridges but OMG, this bridge would be so terrifying to even cross. No way, I would even drive on it. Bridge opened up Today. June 30. Geez louise..

finance.yahoo.com... f-1922619428.html?x=0&.v=1

BEIJING (AP) -- China has opened the world's longest cross-sea bridge.

The Jiaozhou Bay bridge is 26 miles (42 kilometers) long and links China's eastern port city of Qingdao to the island of Huangdao.

State-run CCTV says the 110-foot (35-meter)-wide bridge is the longest of its kind and cost more than 10 billion yuan ($1.5 billion).

CCTV says the bridge passed construction appraisals on Monday and the bridge and an undersea tunnel opened to traffic on Thursday.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Smeggin hell thats huge! Its bigger than the English channel! Supprised they've built one that big in China, considering its quake history, one tremmor and the whole thing could just go.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That's the type of stuff you get when your money pays for infrastructure instead of war mongering and empire building.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Everything I have ever owned that was made in China or had parts in it that were made in China has had a malfunction or failed prior to warranty expiry. Everything, 100% failure rate. I presume this bridge will be no different. Good luck to it's travelers.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

you wouldn't get me on that thing!

new topics

top topics

join