It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did You Learn From 9/11? (New York Times making a documentary for the 10th anniversary.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
NY TIMES

For nearly 10 years, The New York Times has reported on the events of Sept. 11, 2001, and the subsequent local and global effects of the worst terrorist attacks ever to occur on American soil. Now, with the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks a few months away, we want to hear from you.

During several days this summer, journalists on our multimedia team will be stationed at locations around New York and the region with video cameras, ready to record your thoughts about Sept. 11. Our purpose is to answer the question: What did you learn from 9/11?

The first stop we’ll be making, on Thursday, June 30, is at the Journal Square PATH station on Kennedy Boulevard between Pavonia and Sip Avenues in Jersey City. We will be there for two hours, from 4 to 6 p.m. You will see our small camera crew and a blue, rectangular flag with the logo of The New York Times on it.

Looks like the NYT will be making an appearance in my city to get peoples' views on what they have learned since 911. I may be able to make it there to share my views on 911, but if i don't, a few associates of mine will also be there to throw in their two cents. I hope to get my word in, but who knows, I or my colleagues may be ignored for not sharing the accepted story of 9/11... but we'll try anyway.

I am looking forward to posting the video replies we get from any and all participants.

I am really looking forward to hearing normal people express their views regarding 911.

thoughts?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I think it is cool that they are going out to get peoples' opinons on everything, but being that they are part of the MSM, I'm sure that the information eventually put together will be slanted to their liking. I will be interested to see how it turns out though and good luck if you go out there!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
That people, in the face of danger, will sacrifice their own lives to help others they've never met. Extreme circumstance can bring people together for a greater good and that life will go on.

I think that's the lesson to remember that I learned from 9/11

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
That Boeing have been unable to build a building-proof plane.

That despite all evidence to the contrary (or lack of), a conspiracy theorist will never accept that the US could be the target of terrorists.

Medicare is not as important as military funding.

The TSA have no idea what they are doing.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
that the American government is capable of anything

that people will believe whatever they are told to believe

that the world we live in is not what it seems

e2a: that there are people out there who can see through the veil and do see the world for what it really is... just not that many
edit on 30-6-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
that the American government are capable of anything

that people will believe whatever they are told to believe

that the world we live in is not what it seams

Sounds close, I'd add:

- That absolute, irredeemable evil lies at the top of the world's power structure

- That people will ignore plain obvious facts in favor of beliefs that are "comfortable"

- That complete ignorance is alive and well in the 21st century

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I hate to say this but it makes me think that racism is still abundant even though we pretend it isn't. A few thousand died that day and that's horrific, but many more thousands have died (per day) in other places in the world, before then and since then, and the sad truth is that they rarely get a mention.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
From 9/11 I learned: By Shaun Hatfield

I learned that Americans are not able to differentiate between facts and opinions.
I learned that some Americans are chomping at the bit to blame our Govt. for everything and anything.
I learned that even scientists can be delusional, and manipulated.
I learned that there are seemingly normal Americans that have a very, very weak grip on reality.
I learned that witness statements no longer hold water, and a conspiracy can encompass, hundreds of thousands of people, without anyone "speaking up"
I learned that, even though zero proof exists that neither Israel or Mossad are safe from blame in ANY incident.
I learned that facts are no longer facts, and physics is a situational variable

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I have learned or been reminded that "WE ON OUR OWN"

PEACE

top topics

join