It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
OK, so rather than just sit there behind your screen demanding, even if subconsciously, to be spoon fed the answer to the conundrum that is UFOs lets do some ad hoc research.

Over the next few days start up a conversation with friends with colleagues, with enemies who cares? Try to act as if you are seriously open minded about the subject and then lets see how many sightings that have, till now, gone totally unreported you can log on this thread.

Not asking for names , ranks serial numbers etc etc.. Just people who have never reported a case or use the classic line.."Well i never believed in all that sort of stuff however..."

Then let's see what we can come up with. In other words, use this forum as the hub to see if we can add some more data to discuss that is fresh to the scene. Not talking about videos etc etc though something new would be cool, just good old.... I was and then... style UFO reports.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Until I see a UFO face to face then I'm going to assume the possibility that they may be out there, they may not. Who knows. But, nope never experienced a UFO or some crazy event in regards to MIB.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

i have done this many times! ALways looking for people that I can talk to about this, s o i always find a nonchalant way to slip it into conversations.
What I was met with was a lot of politeness (i am from atlantic canada and we are abundant in politeness) with people saying oh how very interesting!, even when i was sure they were thinking i was crazy. Several people would offer anecdotals right away, either first hand, or "their friend told them.."
but none of it - not one story - was in the least unusual in any way. nothing that made me say holy cow! It was more things like "I saw a really weird light in the sky" or "i woke up in the night once with a feeling that someone was there, but no one was".
there was never any mention of abduction, there was never any indication that the people were witholding information or were afraid of their experiences or of sharing information.
what i took away from it, is that at least in my neck of the woods nothing is happening. When people see a light in the sky, they want to think it is something extraordinary so it suddenly becomes suspiciously like an alien ufo. it is always a plane. I know because i have spent thirty years staring at the massive sky here. and aside from one or two lights which i can easily see as being either sattelite or asteroids, nothing has hppened. Sure i am not looking up 24-7, but you would be amazed at the amount of hours i have spent looking up, and to have never been able to witness anything?? you would think after all this time i would have spotted something. so if they are out there, they are not above atlantic canada. people get excited and love to embellish their stories, but no one has ever had a picture, or any detail to their story to suggest they saw anything.
and as for the people with he most incredible stories out the, on forum and you tube...i am undecided about them...would love to find proof, but it is hard to find.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The chance people will think you are crazy is rather big.
And even if the other person doesn't think so, they still might keep it for themselves.
I for example check this forum any day I can and talk to people (parents, friends who are interested, ..) about the possibillity of ETs and UFOs, yet I've never talked or written about something I saw when I was a kid.
Neither do I have any interest in doing so, it could have been other things, though the memory is still burned in my mind.
Other people might not want to do so either even when you are very open to it, they may still think their idea/thought/memory is too stupid.

Another possibility it getting wrong information, for example: "O yea, this one time I was walking outside I noticed something black shoothing across the sky." .. which of course could just have been a bird..

That said, I still like the idea, it might get some interesting stuff, but I do believe it will get burried beneath a pile of .. crap if I can use that word.
Mouth to mouth and memories without anything to back it up (picture, video, .) are rather unreliable imo.
edit on 29/6/11 by LanceDH because: typos

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

THanx for that..see that in itself is useful information. Just cos it might be perceived as a "negative", it doesn't matter, it is your experience and your experience with those you share your locality with.

Keep it coming.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well, in my houehold I've always been quite open minded and discussed my views on E.T's and UFO's. My family think I'm nuts sometimes, but in saying that I sometimes do discuss the most outlandish claims I see on here.
Anyway, my sister, whom has no opinion on this topic, was out driving the other night when she called me to tell me she'd seen a UFO. I asked her the usual questions - was it stationary, where was it moving, how fast, colour etc and she told me it went in a kind of "Z" shape.
She then told me she got photos, which I will get her to send to me when she wakes up in the morning as it's almost 1am Melbourne time.
I've seen the photos, and although they do have street lights in them you can see what appears to be a large glowing ball of light in the distance. When I upload them in the morning you can decide what you think for yourself.
But, it just goes to show that if you talk about these things then people will feel comfortable talking about them with you and other, thus spreading awarenes and getting people to keep an eye out

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I have seen a UFO during the day 10 - 15 years ago near Brisbane, Australia. It was high up, thought it may have been a satellite at first except you don't usually see satellites during the day. The WTF? was when it done a few sharp 90 degree turns while still maintaining its speed then went out of sight.

Also had my dad see some strange lights quickly shooting across the horizon late one night when driving out in the country between Sydney and Brisbane, spun him out with a WTF?

Wycliff Wells is like Roswell in Australia, heaps of sightings there out in the middle of no where. Spent one night there but did not see anything. There are couple of other places around the country that the truckers avoid and just keep moving if they have to go through it. Too many strange stories that get around.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Eyewitness reports are inconclusive at best and very unreliable.

We can't even get solid pictures that can't be explained away so what's the point in asking someone what they saw?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
When I try to bring the subject up most people look at me like I got two heads...but occasionally I find a secret believer lol

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I already do that, and one colleague told me that he and some friends once saw a cigar shaped dark object floating above them after they got out of a cinema, after watching a movie, around midnight.

I think that happened some two years after a similar event, in which my grandmother saw a dark, cigar shaped "shadow" block the stars, while she was looking out of the window, preparing to sleep.

The time frame is around 1977 in the second case and, obviously, 1979 if the first. The place was Almada, Portugal.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's hard to get people to believe in something they haven't seen their self. Lately I've been trying to collect as much convincing evidence as possible, but even then most still won't believe. I just find all of the topics interesting and love to share things when I find something new.
edit on 29-6-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
It's hard to get people to believe in something they haven't seen their self.
Don't act as if you want them to believe in anything (and really, there's no need to believe in anything), just ask them what they think about things that some people see and that they cannot explain, or about some things that may look explainable but strange.

I'm sure most people have seen some things they could not explain (either in the skies or anywhere else), so, if you don't use a "UFOs are Alien vessels" approach and do it more like a natural thing (which it is, the first time we look at something we do know what that thing is), I think you will get more positive (even if not interesting) responses.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
A colleage of mine said she saw a large orange UFO that flew through the sky, she thought it was not from here and raced home to tell her parents as it was in the 80s.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I did talk to friends and relatives several times about it, and it was surprising what they had to tell

- one friend told me about an experience she had in Poland, when she was at a great lake with her family. Suddenly several orange or red glowing objects (orbs?) appeard above the lake. Many people watched them. When the objects approached the beach, all the people panicked and run away.

- a colleague told me about an object half the size of the moon hovering up in the sky, while she and her husband were driving through the night

- another friend told me about an object that hovered in a low altitude right above his car, when he and a friend were driving through the night. He said it's shape was trapezoidal, and the light of it's spotlights engulfed their car. They were frightened as hell.

- another colleague of mine told about an experience during a night in the early 80ies. She awoke by the crying of her 3-year-old son who was standing upright in his cot and screaming loud. She remembered being unable to move a limb, and also she remembered her bedroom filled with blueish ligt, (if I remember correctly) a humming noise, and - big dark eyes watching her throuh the slits of her jalousie. Her son was so excited, that he climbed out of his cot to get to her.

- my father saw one object the size of a gully cover hovering maybe 30-40 feet above his roof, of a metallic olive-green color. When it slowly disappeard behind another house, he realized three more objects hovering higher up in the sky, I think they were disc-shaped.

- also during nighttime, my father saw another object following a freighttrain, it's shape was (if I remember correctly) also trapezoidal. He said it was like some kind of "window".

- the 3rd (and in fact the first) sighting of my father was of about 30-40 glowing objects, that in the night of July 13th 1994 firstly moved in w-formation and then in v-formation in an altitude of approximately 3000 meters.

- myself, 15 years ago I saw an object hovering in a low altitude (maybe 50 feet) above our local river. It was glowing orange-violet. It's exact shape I can't remember, also no sound. But every time I see those orange-violet fireworks, I remember that sighting. (edit to add: Of course it was no chinese lantern, it was much bigger than one of those. and I saw it twice; firstly moving from the right to the left (1 km?), and then coming back and moving into the direction it originally came from. The speed was that of a fast car - 80 to 100 miles per hour?)

There were several other reports of friends of mine, but I'm too tired to remember them clearly. Maybe tomorrow.

Nice thread!

edit on 29/6/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I'm wondering how much longer any of us can maintain a level of interest in the subject. To say the waters of ufology are muddy, would be an enormous understatement. I just don't know what's what anymore (and I've been mad about ufos for 30 odd years). It seems to me that everywhere you look, there seems to be nothing but unqualified, third-party testimony (with no photographic evidence), or a terrible Youtube video of a blurry, indistinct point of light. I'm losing the will. Seriously. Anyone else feel the same? Regards.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
About 10 years back my mother and I saw two lights in the sky, separate of each other. Both appeared to be separate colours one green one blue. Its hard for me to guage size given their movement so i wont even hazard a guess. Mum actually brought it to my attention with a "WHAT THE # IS THAT!!!!"

Both were moving erraticly streaking across the sky, breaking at 90' and even 180' turns with no change in speed. Lasted for 45seconds to a minute before the blue one shot off over the horizon. The green light disapeared but returned for around 10 - 15 seconds when i lost track of it (it was moving that quickly) and never saw or have seen anything like it since.

Imagine a person gently shaking a lazer light on a wall, you will have a good understanding of what i saw in the sky from two separate craft.

Im not going to try and say it was alien or our technology, its impossible for me to say. All i can say catagorically is that something in the sky was freaking amazing. For our benefit i damn hope with was human tech. Ive a sneaking suspision that it wasn't though.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
mmmm...I've seen a ufo (broad daylight, really bright) zig-zagging south to north and have bumped into something in a space suit in the middle of the woods in daylight (who looked just like that Honda robot but this was) years ago. I have no proof of either event, so the info isn't any use. When you bring up this stuff people back off fast as it's out of their consumer zone, so these days I stay quiet on the subject.

I've seen first hand how news is controlled in that subtle fashion and we've all seen the rubbish that gets posted here. Those things coupled with people's desire to pay off the mortgage before taking "wild notions" on means that any proof needs to be very, very good, very public in the first place and a recurring event in order to keep the pressure on, otherwise it just turns into another dodgy book and this circus rolls on again.

Everyday I hope something great is posted on here and every day I hope I find something great to post, but chatting about it just means the growth of another small band of saddos trying to justify their existence which normally just leads us back to the usual junk that gets posted on here most of the time.

Sorry to be negative, but we need the "good stuff" and not another collection of 3rd party anecdotes.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

Anyhow I have to say I like this thread, because we posters here agree that we've got nothing to back up our claims, it's just our sincere try to talk strange experiences we or people close to us had.

And I have to say, confronted with uncountable vids of highly professional CGI that make it nearly impossible to divide them from the vids depicting real UFOs, more and more I tend to appreciate "stories" of first or second hand experiences, because those might really bear some truth in it and be reports of really strange occurences (assumed, the people making their accounts are honest people).

Maybe the reason that I myself saw something really strange (my sighting of this orange-violet glowing object in low altitude above our local river) makes me open to the possibility, that also other people experienced similar strange things.

Keep it coming, folks!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I was in a neighborhood bar, back in the late 70's, when I struck up a conversation about ET's and UFO's, with a former Air Force dude, who was a radar operator on a antiballistic missile radar site; just outside of Baltimore Maryland, USA.

The radar site was on Liberty Reservoir property. One night, on their radar, they picked up an object that that flew into their location and proceeded to place itself directly above the ABM radar site. I've forgot what altitude the man told me how high the radar blip was; but I'm sure it was probably at least a thousand feet above the site.

He told his fellow radar operator, "Lets go out and take a look-see." The both went outside into the clear night and proceeded to observe the lighted glowing orb above their radar site. I'm sorry, but I forgot what he said, about what happened next, if they told me more if at all, because I surely would have remembered it.

Foofighter's

Erno86
edit on 1-7-2011 by Erno86 because: added a couple of words

edit on 1-7-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

new topics

top topics

join